Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US police most lethal & Chauvin bail $1.25M

zep73

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I can think of two valid reasons he would want to be on suicide watch voluntarily. 

1) he is a cop in jail awaiting trial for a heinous crime and won't find many fellow inmates sympathetic to his innocent before proven guilty plight.

2) like Epstein he used to pal around with the Clintons Trump, and other elites that may now consider him an inconvenient loose end.

The only other defendent with such a high profile case I can think of is Epstein and I know his charges were dropped within two days after his death. I don't think Chauvin was anywhere near Epstein on a social level. I wonder if the authorities just didn't want the responsibility if he did manage to off himself. Of course, setting bail doesn't mean he's getting out. That's a lot of money to raise.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, aztek said:

from what has happened in similar cases before

There is no similar case to this. Chauvin is going down for a long time.

Do you think the judge will risk his/her own life  if they acquit him or give him a light sentence? 

There are protests, looting, rioting, and complete disorder even before he goes to trial, no way is he going to be getting off lightly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

don't think Chauvin was anywhere near Epstein on a social level.

Gawd I could have so much fun if I still had a copy of photoshop... 

32 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

If the judge does that, he's practically starting a civil war. Would any judge of sound mind do that? I think not.

Sorry missed this post while typing, but absolutely. 

I have basically ditto'ed this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

There is no similar case to this. Chauvin is going down for a long time.

Actually the similarity of this case to others in the past which distinguishes an institutional problem with the death of unarmed restrained people of color seems to be the purpose of the protests. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Gawd I could have so much fun if I still had a copy of photoshop... 

You seriously think this guy would have been a cop in Minneapolis if he had the kind of money and connections Epstein had? :P

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, susieice said:

You seriously think this guy would have been a cop in Minneapolis if he had the kind of money and connections Epstein had?

Only after he was mo longer underage...:D

1 minute ago, Jarocal said:

Actually the similarity of this case to others in the past which distinguishes an institutional problem with the death of unarmed restrained people of color seems to be the purpose of the protests. 

That is not what we were saying, we were discussing his prison term = acquittal, light sentence or banged up for a long time.

Nothing what has happened prior to this is comparable. 

Incidentally, how many other cases are there of 

12 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

death of unarmed restrained people of color  

why ONLY people of colour, as I believe police officers have killed  white or hispanic people before.

Here are some stats

Mapping Police Violence" project counted 1,098 killed, of which 24% were black people

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use_of_deadly_force_in_the_United_States

Thats 76% not black. Hence this should be an ALL live matters.

What they do not say is how many of the officers who killed were black.

There was a programme a while back about cops who kill and some were black officers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

There is no similar case to this.

sure there is,  almost  identical case, eric garner.

Honestly the guy shoulda been denied bail,he was literally caught on camera killing someone with other officers telling him there's no pulse!

I've had to correct a few people who think because a person is speaking they are breathing,extremely inaccurate!

2 totally different ways to be choked,blood chokes which cut off blood supply to the brain (arm triangle ect.) and wind chokes forearm across the trachea...

Chauvins knee across the guys carotid was cutting blood flow off to his brain,he absolutely could still speak!

People with little to no actual fight training should never attempt choke holds!

eta

I once fought a arm triangle for 12 minutes and was cussing my friend about every 15 seconds lol...big difference being i knew i was fighting and trained to fight it,still cost me a few brain cells haha

My eyes were bloodshot badly and i had bad headaches for about a week lol

@Piney what say you on the subject bud?...i know you've had chokes applied.

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Texas police chase ends in death as 'Live PD' cameras roll. 'I can't breathe,' the man cries.

Javier Ambler was driving home from a friendly poker game in the early hours of March 28, 2019, when a Williamson County sheriff’s deputy noticed that he failed to dim the headlights of his SUV to oncoming traffic.

Twenty-eight minutes later, the black father of two sons lay dying on a north Austin street after deputies held him down and used Tasers on him four times while a crew from A&E’s reality show “Live PD” filmed.

Ambler, a 40-year-old former postal worker, repeatedly pleaded for mercy, telling deputies he had congestive heart failure and couldn’t breathe. He cried, “Save me,” before deputies deployed a final shock.

His death never made headlines.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-police-chase-ends-death-202522028.html

• Sad 1