Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man receives pizzas for 9yrs he didn't order

Still Waters

A 65-year-old man in Flanders says he is “losing sleep” because he has been receiving pizzas he never ordered for nearly a decade, sometimes several times a day.

Over the past nine years, pizzas he never asked for have been delivered to Jean Van Landeghem’s home in Turnhout, in the Antwerp province. “It started nine years ago,” Van Landeghem told Het Laatste Nieuws. “Suddenly, a pizza delivery man handed me a whole load of pizzas. But I hadn’t ordered anything,” he added.

At first, he thought it was a simple mistake in the delivery address, but orders of pizzas, kebabs, pittas and other food that he never ordered kept flowing in.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/114806/belgian-man-has-been-receiving-pizzas-he-never-ordered-for-years/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/pizza-stalker-plagues-belgian-man/

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

He should've thrown pizza parties everyday... He'd be the most popular fella in the neighborhood 

~

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I am skeptical, restaurants are not stupid. After a few times of stuff like this people/adresses go on a list in every restaurant I've worked at yet this supposedly happened to a friend for 9 years too? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I say this is bull locks.

9 years? 

“I have always refused the deliveries, so I have never paid for anything,” he said, adding that the harassment is not only annoying for him, but also for restaurants.

Yeah! Sure you did.

After a few missing orders and him (turning them away) the companies would have seen the pattern of where they were going to. After a few complaints from the people who did order them would have been enough to look into what was going on.

Unless, he had a disgruntled ex who just wanted to peeve him off, but 9 years? NAH!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@acute @freetoroam @piney 

If you suddenly start to recieve pizzas that you did not order, you know Who to blame. Oopps shouldn't have told you about my plans... Big  plans... :-P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

@acute @freetoroam @piney 

If you suddenly start to recieve pizzas that you did not order, you know Who to blame. Oopps shouldn't have told you about my plans... Big  plans... :-P 

Send them, double cheese with chicken. I am ready with the healthy veg

17831128-diet-concept-one-pea-on-an-empt

• Haha 8

I once worked for a guy whose phone number was one digit off the number for a local movie theater.  They ran him NUTS until he started having fun with it.  He'd answer and begin giving showtimes and silly names for new movies... :w00t:

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, and then said:

I once worked for a guy whose phone number was one digit off the number for a local movie theater.  They ran him NUTS until he started having fun with it.  He'd answer and begin giving showtimes and silly names for new movies... :w00t:

Reminds me of Kramer on Seinfeld :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Send them, double cheese with chicken. I am ready with the healthy veg

One Frozen pea Princess meal... Coming up! 

~

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

One Frozen pea Princess meal... Coming up! 

~

Thankyou kind sir, bring it up

the-princess-and-the-pea-graphicaartis.j

• Haha 5

Just now, freetoroam said:

Thankyou kind sir, bring it up

Now that's just making a meal out of the joke that is... 

~

• Haha 2

Were the Pizzas already paid for? Because otherwise the restaurants would eventually refuse to deliver to his place anyway.

I am sceptical of this. If it's been happening for so long and especially if he has not paid for the orders. Surely the restaurants would have grown wise to this and blocked his number?

That being said, my family had their own problem with something similar after a small falling out with a neighbor.
We had everything from Police, Fire brigade and Abulences turn up to Private Ambulances and Pizza delivery drivers (my family had never ordered Pizza in their years of living there).
We were able to obtain a small amount of information from a female officer who told us, "the woman on the phone was a middle aged woman" (which made sense. Our neighbor fit that description) and 50 years of living there prior, our family had never had such problems.

That's kind of what makes me doubt this story. Surely by now their number has been blocked by all places (Surely by this point nobody is taking orders from you, especially if they're making a loss from it).

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy were to call a number local to him and they would say "Okay, can you prove who you are, we get calls from this number quite a lot".

• Like 1

I agree with others about the pizza places refusing orders or blocking numbers. However, we have no idea what someone will do with a vendetta. Assuming this is someone with a grudge, he may be running a program that shows a different phone number everytime an order is placed. However, the address will show as the same one. Also, pizza places have delivery areas. So, these deliveries would be limited to businesses within a couple three mile radius of this guy's house.

Turnhout too large to not be automated, which blows the whole premise of the caller not being ID'd on each call, or online order. Yeah, seems very implausible. I could see it happening for a few months, but then all involved would thoroughly know the scam and know when it was happening. In fact, I'm sure there are programs running that ID and discard orders based on past interaction, nonpayment, other issues with customer, etc...

Nope, not buying it....Unless...Unless....Hey, if this was an extreme grudge, the perp could...Naw, that wouldn't work either...Nevermind.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 11:56 PM, freetoroam said:

I say this is bull locks.

9 years? 

Yeah! Sure you did.

After a few missing orders and him (turning them away) the companies would have seen the pattern of where they were going to. After a few complaints from the people who did order them would have been enough to look into what was going on.

Unless, he had a disgruntled ex who just wanted to peeve him off, but 9 years? NAH!

IDK, if the pizza's and other food is paid for why would then restaurant care. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this to where he is somehow paying for this? If not, someone has spent loads of money on pizzas there not even getting. Would a person be able to keep on this commitment? I'm pretty skeptical of this, considering how this is also most likely a way to get attention from other. Even with that factor, his friend is in on it to? Every answer brings up another question.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you be "shaking in trepidation" over this...unless...anchovies?

Edited by TripGun
Typo