Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell me my grandmothers name

the13bats

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay, since folks wanna guess in public fine i wont say right or wrong for at least a week,

I PM'd you with my guess.

4 hours ago, RAyMO said:

sorry failed in what I was trying to do. The point of the cat comment was to indicate it wasn't a reading at all - just a random guess dressed up.  

I think that is usually what a reading is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acute said:

Ermintrude.

There's also an Astrid and Winsome in there somewhere, although Winsome may just be a Confirmation Name.

She is of German Catholic descent, I imagine.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Last night wasnt a great night i couldnt update until now,

I said my grandmother had 4 names, it slipped my mind she was married twice, so there are 5 possible chances at a hit,

I want to stress that while i do come at this as a disbeliever and im taking what is to me a fun light hearted approach, i do not in any way want to offend anyone who feels they have a gift,  Next wednesday i will update.

Again, thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, razman said:

So when's the update?

Yeah, I'm sorry about, i only had a few hit me in private, anyhoo no one not one got it so far, at this point its safe for me to say its guessing, and i just ruled out all the wrong answers which makes a correct guess of one of her names more likely, so now one right guess wont rock me as much, i actually figured someone would nail it.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:53 AM, acute said:

Ermintrude.

That sounds like an outboard motor thats powered by rodents on a treadmill. :P

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, I'm sorry about, i only had a few hit me in private, anyhoo no one not one got it so far, at this point its safe for me to say its guessing, and i just ruled out all the wrong answers which makes a correct guess of one of her names more likely, so now one right guess wont rock me as much, i actually figured someone would nail it.

I doubt you'll get any serious attempts from psychics on this forum. Unless they have really thick skin, most professed psychics are driven off the forum by skeptics shortly after they show up and make their first post. I've seen it a few times. It's not pretty.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I doubt you'll get any serious attempts from psychics on this forum. Unless they have really thick skin, most professed psychics are driven off the forum by skeptics shortly after they show up and make their first post. I've seen it a few times. It's not pretty.

Thats too bad, and not playing devils advocate but from my experences if a person says they saw bigfoot a ghost or alien they may be scoffed at if all the have is a story, but its not too ugly,

seems when claims are made of special powers then a demonstration, proof is in order or dont boast of the special powers, "it doesnt work that way" excuse doesnt work for me, so i can imagine claims made of special powers that arent backed up are taken like that thread where the lady thinks birds are aliens or the guy said he had a spiritual calling, and yes, remarks werent kind,

As i said guess one name it wouldnt impress me much guess 3 or more now we are talking but my thread was not calling anyone out its simply for fun doesnt mean if someone has a gift i wouldnt be delighted.

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Usually because they are not really "psychics" and they can't stand up to the scrutiny AND they misunderstand this forum.  I used to hang out with self professed psychics and only found a few that really had some kind of insight or talent, did not do cold readings.  I gave up on them when I started meeting artists, who are much more fun and don't have psychotic wars with each other.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

psychotic wars with each other.

Psychic warfare.:lol:

Reminds me of a forum I used to be a member of, some folks are crazy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Usually because they are not really "psychics" and they can't stand up to the scrutiny AND they misunderstand this forum.  I used to hang out with self professed psychics and only found a few that really had some kind of insight or talent, did not do cold readings.  I gave up on them when I started meeting artists, who are much more fun and don't have psychotic wars with each other.

^^^ this ^^^

I was trying to say that smoother but yeah, and in my case i took my studies as far as cassadaga, the self proclaimed psychic headquarters of the world, i went to the training services,

it was a happy mix of dear believers, some very sincere kind people some folks who thought they had special powers and total charlatans out for attention, ego stroking and profit,

there were some folks who were very insightful in reading people, my friend with the Santeria shop was like that as are many psychologists, its not a magical gift. But i sure can understand how some see it that way.

I learned the art or ruse of the cold reading, and how to make it appear you really did have a gift,  does anyone acutally have a phychic gift? I have never had anyone show me anything that proved they did, 

Once i was talking with a very eccentric fellow at one of my club shows and he was going on and on about his friends "gift" that is was real.

I took out my key ring and asked him to pick a key, i told him to hold it and i would use my powers to bend it, i go into the routine, his eyes get big and he quickly opened his had, out fell a bent key, he raved about feeling it bending in his hand, to this day he thinks i have a special power,  i dont, its a magic trick, and i have other such cases,

It doesnt prove some folks might not have a gift, they very well might have one, it proves that belief and perception play a huge part in things like this, so i will be so overjoyed if i ever have a phychic prove their powers to me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...