Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Welcome to free Capital Hill - Seattle

OverSword

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

You forgot, cut utilities to the occupied area. When they can no longer charge their cell phones to tweet out their message, bathe, cook or have convenient removal of waste provided by a government they abhor, they may appreciate that though change is needed, their method of action was not as well thought out as they originally intended. 

They’d just metastase onto another area, leaving CHAZ a wasteland blamed on “the man”.

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

are they printing their own currency yet?

DUDE... don’t you know everything’s free man in the CHAZ. 

• Haha 1

I really can't believe how lightly this is being taken by the mayor. What about all the people who live in this area? Have there been business owners and residents speaking out or tweeting or anything? Seriously. All we ever heard was concern for citizens 50 to 100 miles away when just a handful of the Bundy's camped out in a cabin in the wilderness. They put the town's on lockdown for Pete's sake and how the feds had every right to ambush the place since it was government property. The FBI even killed one of them on live TV during a foot chase. Now we have thousands of selfish anarchists taking over a large chunk of a major city including city hall and the city police precinct and nary a peep comparatively. The mayor smiles as she suggests it could go on all summer for all she cares.

Even this thread lacks traction. The cabin in the woods though, that thread was explosive for a long time. This is INSANE!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I really can't believe how lightly this is being taken by the mayor. What about all the people who live in this area? Have there been business owners and residents speaking out or tweeting or anything? Seriously. All we ever heard was concern for citizens 50 to 100 miles away when just a handful of the Bundy's camped out in a cabin in the wilderness. They put the town's on lockdown for Pete's sake and how the feds had every right to ambush the place since it was government property. The FBI even killed one of them on live TV during a foot chase. Now we have thousands of selfish anarchists taking over a large chunk of a major city including city hall and the city police precinct and nary a peep comparatively. The mayor smiles as she suggests it could go on all summer for all she cares.

Even this thread lacks traction. The cabin in the woods though, that thread was explosive for a long time. This is INSANE!

The difference is with the Bundy's we're dealing with adults and with Chaz we're dealing with children 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Well, we're talking about Seattle, the lunatic fringe, the edge of the known universe. It's where aging rich California hippies went to retire, buy up property, liberalize the place and indulge in social change fantasies that were too far out, even for Berkley and Venice Beach. Their liberal ideals render them impotent to have any meaningful effect on the social change monster they've created in successive generations. "We are star dust, we are golden and it's time to get ourselves back to the garden" hippy daydreams and all that, have come to fruition  but " 'tis an unweeded garden gone to seed. Things rank and gross in nature possess it merely(completely.)"

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, F3SS said:

Funny the Bundy's were brought up cause I came here to point out the absolute disgust one side had towards them (just a few of them) for holding up inside of a bird watching cabin in the middle of nowhere. iirc, towns 50 miles away and more were on lockdown due to the raving terrorist threat lurking around the corner along with a million reasons why holding up this obscure government property was wrong on so many levels. We got it from the media and the parrots on the left in this forum. Their beef was a personal one aimed at one government agency. They did not disrupt a major city, thousands of people, private property and businesses, extort or threaten the public. I don't think they even wanted to change anything except the outcome of their own court cases. Yes it got crazy when the public joined for a standoff but shlt if that didn't epitomize the looming threat of the violent right wing that was going to take everyone down with them. It drew the ire of every Democrat and public official across the country. Now these weasels we have today take whatever they want and the mayor's, govornors and even the police now just run and liberals are passing Seattle off as a block party and the riots as mostly peaceful. Wtf is going on? 

Aside, my uninformed take on the police in Seattle is that they probably assumed or knew the mayor wouldn't have their back and while they're here to protect and serve they aren't here to fight mini-wars. I don't know. Oversword, we need news from ground zero...

Been a couple days... mostly crickets from the UM left. Most of them are smart enough to see an unsupportable situation.

Cant believe the Governor and Mayor are just letting it happen... Well, i can believe it really... the Oregon Governor, and Portland Mayor, probably would do the same thing.

They basically did nothing against the tioting and looting in Portland, for fear of being called out by the lunatic fringe on Twitter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, acidhead said:

The difference is with the Bundy's we're dealing with adults and with Chaz we're dealing with children 

bundiies occupied empty gvmnt building, a tiny one, those terrorists occupied a large residential area

Seeing as it is illegal to succeed from the USA isn't the autonomous zone against the law?

They could arrest them all and lock them up for a few years for that offence. And if they got found not guilty there is the fall back charge of breaking the coronavirus lockdown. Either way they can legally be removed and locked up for at least 6 months to teach them a lesson.

Isn`t is also illegal in the US to arrange a private army without license? All those carrying guns could be arrested under the terrorism act while investigations occur to determine the structure of the zone to identify its leaders. They can be prosecuted for organising a private army without the correct paperwork.

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Time to get the Flamer, the Heavy Flamer.:tu:

I'm not totally sure how to stop this.

My guess:

Block it off 50 ft or so beyond their boundaries and do not allow anyone to cross.   I assume they are funded by various people who are bringing food and water in.   Stop those deliveries.   Allow people to exit the area if they want but not return.  

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not totally sure how to stop this.

My guess:

Block it off 50 ft or so beyond their boundaries and do not allow anyone to cross.   I assume they are funded by various people who are bringing food and water in.   Stop those deliveries.   Allow people to exit the area if they want but not return.  

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread. But drop 8 foot high shipping containers around the parameter of the place. Go about 3 high, weld them together and line the top container with razor wire. Cut off water, power, sewer, wifi, give'em a month. See what happens. If any one wants in, air drop them in. 

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Seeing as it is illegal to succeed from the USA isn't the autonomous zone against the law?

They could arrest them all and lock them up for a few years for that offence. And if they got found not guilty there is the fall back charge of breaking the coronavirus lockdown. Either way they can legally be removed and locked up for at least 6 months to teach them a lesson.

Isn`t is also illegal in the US to arrange a private army without license? All those carrying guns could be arrested under the terrorism act while investigations occur to determine the structure of the zone to identify its leaders. They can be prosecuted for organising a private army without the correct paperwork.

No..... We have armed militias everywhere.   Right to bear arms and all that.

13 hours ago, F3SS said:

Honestly, they aren't doing anything that interesting.  I check out the local news every once and again but they are just painting murals, planting community gardens, and singing songs.  The businesses in the area are still open and donating free things to the protestors.  It's just turned into a giant block party.

If Trump wants to go Tianamen Square on them he can, I suppose.   But I've seen worse when ISU wins a football game than what seems to be going on there.

This whole thing reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter declares the independent state of Petoria...E Peterbus Unum :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

This whole thing reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter declares the independent state of Petoria...E Peterbus Unum :lol:

Yeah. It does to me too, actually.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

It is illegal to secede from the USA. It is not illegal to succeed from the USA unless you do not donate enough to at least one of the two major  political parties. 

BTW,  in the bottom right photo that's Marquez with Minnesota AG Keith Ellison, individual in charge of prosecuting officer Derek Chauvin et Al.

Step 1: Ensure there is enough crisis accommodation for everyone who legally resides with what has become the CHAZ. 

Step 2: Large fences with one gate in one place on one street two feet away from the barricades.

Step 3: tell them if they want to be “not of thr US”, that’s fine. And cut power, sewerage and wi-fi.

Step 4: tell them “passport holders  only get out, unless you can prove residency within the United States”.

Step 5: Riot over.

• Haha 1

Soon they're are going to be calling on a tax on the white individuals...

Wait! What's this?!?!  ----->

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly, they aren't doing anything that interesting.  I check out the local news every once and again but they are just painting murals, planting community gardens, and singing songs.  The businesses in the area are still open and donating free things to the protestors.  It's just turned into a giant block party.

If Trump wants to go Tianamen Square on them he can, I suppose.   But I've seen worse when ISU wins a football game than what seems to be going on there.

It's largely graffiti, their gardens look sucky but suggest that they don't plan on going anywhere soon, the businesses aren't likely to be pulling the traffic they want or need if at all and they're donating stuff probably to keep their windows and merchandise in tact for as long as possible. They aren't protestors. They're squatters. They're not sitting on a patch of grass in the park. They've invaded public and private property and have laid claim to which they have no right to claim. What about the real residents within? Have they no say, no rights? You're so predictably dismissive.

9 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Soon they're are going to be calling on a tax on the white individuals...

Wait! What's this?!?!  ----->

IMG_13062020_193247_(489_x_533_pixel).jpg.3c26826937f263eea11bab51b9813b1b.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

The businesses in the area are still open and donating free things to the protestors.

Donating?!?! Yeah right...;)

• Thanks 1