Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oklahoma Skinwalker

Dustyrose33

It's a type of Shaman that impersonates a big cat or wolf. They are also called Nagual and Kiimockhnii.

• Like 3

I also live in Oklahoma... Yes I've heard of them, but then again I've worked on several of the Reservations and on tribal lands in the past, and have several good friends who are Choctaw, Cherokee and Kiowa...

Skinwalkers are not like werewolves, in that they can control when they transform, and still have human reasoning abilities - though merged with the animal spirit - at least according to the legends...

• Like 4

I have heard enough experiences by now to believe these things are real. Another reality check when we think we know so much about reality.

• Like 1

hhhmmm, not sure I'd ever want to see one.   Has there been anyone known to be hurt by them?

9 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

hhhmmm, not sure I'd ever want to see one.   Has there been anyone known to be hurt by them?

No you would not.  I know little, but what I have heard from friends is that they are feared for being cruel, self serving and power hungry.  Maybe that is not the whole picture.  Piney probably knows a lot more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I was trained as one, as was my youngest son. We never hurt anyone. Just scared the pants off people to make them act right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

I was trained as one, as was my youngest son. We never hurt anyone. Just scared the pants off people to make them act right. 

Scaring people...i do that daily...then for a couple seasons got paid to do it at universal studios, one night a lady wet herself, demanded free pants...no kidding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

http://www.sybillairwin.com/sketching-encounters-subscribers-blog/-skinwalker-sighting-and-witness-sketches-from-western-oklahoma-september-2016

I've lived in Oklahoma 21 years and have never heard of these things called skinwalkers.  Has anyone?

Grandmother was born in locust grove, lived there and Ardmore decades,  told a lot of tales never once talked of skinwalkers,

The idea took off years back with all that skinwalker ranch hoax bs. Edit: replace "hoax" with "fraud".

Talk to piney, his brown and red folks will give you the real deal.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I knew you would know more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

The urban legend sk*nwalker is significantly different from what they actually are. There's a whole urban legend tradition about them that developed in the last 15 years or so conflating them with zombies and rakes and other such ghoulish creatures. It's weird, and seems to at least tangentially be connected to that ranch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coyote Speaks said:

The urban legend sk*nwalker is significantly different from what they actually are. There's a whole urban legend tradition about them that developed in the last 15 years or so conflating them with zombies and rakes and other such ghoulish creatures. It's weird, and seems to at least tangentially be connected to that ranch. 

I would agree.  Also, "Skinwalker" is more specifically Navajo (though other groups have legends of therianthropy.)   Cryptozoology theorists seem to take cultural items and gallop all over the landscape with them.  I think another reason is that it's a handy set of English words... you don't hear about the kushtaka, for instance, or the mapuchi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2