Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A rubbish bin thrown from the end of a pier in West Sussex has washed up about 450 miles away - in Germany.

Vandals in Worthing launched the public receptacle - which bore the town's crest - into the English Channel.

After an estimated six-month journey it washed up on the shore of the German island of Borkum.

Frerk Richter, who found the litter bin last month, contacted Worthing Borough Council and told them he had transformed it into a flower container.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-53005698

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wheelie Bins are sooooo 20th century.  Where can I get one of these Saily Bins? :D

It's amazing, isn't it.  There was a place in Canada (NewfieLand?) recently, where a Walkers Crisps packet from the 70's washed up!  (You probably started the thread!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, acute said:

It's amazing, isn't it.  There was a place in Canada (NewfieLand?) recently, where a Walkers Crisps packet from the 70's washed up!  (You probably started the thread!)

Are you sure it was posted here? I can only find this one, Golden Wonder found on a UK beach.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/333594-50-year-old-crisp-packet-found-on-uk-beach/?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Are you sure it was posted here? I can only find this one, Golden Wonder found on a UK beach.

That's probably the one, and I'm going senile. :tu:

• Haha 4

Is this a brexit bin invasion? 

~