Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exceedingly Bright Light

Dustyrose33

Many years ago I lived on some property (12.8 acres) in a 16 x 80 mobile home.   Adjoining my place was a couple who lived on 100 acres in a large two-story home.   They were friendly, although I usually saw the man more than his wife.   I raised mainly goats and they had cattle.  This property was in a fairly rural area about 9 miles from a small town to the south named Devine, Tx and another town to the north called Hondo, Tx.

Well on a dark, moonless night sometimes you could not even see my neighbor's house, for at night they rarely burned lights.   The back door of my trailer faced their property, and it was on one of those dark nights I noticed through the brush a very bright light coming from their place.  So it was around 9 or 10 p.m.  and I decided to walk along my driveway to see the source of the light.   I don't remember any other lights on.   

This neighbor's house had a large bay window upstairs, and through that window is where I saw the light.   The only thing I could compare the light to was like a welder's arc, maybe even brighter.   I have no idea what it was.   Of note, one time the man told me he scared away a charging bull by getting on all fours and making a face!   Could he have been other-worldly?  (Ha ha), I don't know.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sounds more like an LED flashlight. Those can be very bright.

Perhaps, but it would have had to be a large one, because this light was not only bright but very large.

Edited by Dustyrose33

8 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Perhaps, but it would have had to be a large one, because this light was not only bright but very large.

Might depend on the angle it was viewed from, but whatever. 

38 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Might depend on the angle it was viewed from, but whatever. 

Well I was at ground level and at least a little distance, and it was up in a second-story room near a large bay window, but it was enough to get my attention.  I've never seen light like that coming from someone's home.   If I'd been at the window I doubt I could have looked at it without a welder's helmet, it was that bright.

Edited by Dustyrose33

Was someone welding? Sounds like a silly question, but my buddy welds at home all the time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Was someone welding? Sounds like a silly question, but my buddy welds at home all the time. 

I guess it's possible, but at 9 or 10 at night inside a second story room?  Your question is not silly

If it was a steady light, most likely s/he's a photographer or painter... If it had a bluish tinge, that would lean my guess towards photographer, using daylight-balanced floodlights.

I used to do commercial photography as a sideline - don't do much indoor stuff these days but I still have a mean set of floods in the back of my wardrobe - you never know when someone beautiful might knock on your door.. :D 

• Like 1

I weld at wee hours 2 to 5 am, my neighbors back in orlando were used to my nocturnal habits,  things happening at night are no more meaningful to me than day light,

Sounds like you never investagated and asked about it, i had folks ask me if i was welding at night,

The other night we went out to grab a bite, i saw for a split second a odd blue light that basically lit up a field by where i was turning right onto a HW, as i turned it vanished and i couldnt see a source,

It was an odd shade of blue and im pretty savvy with lighting from my music club work and home decor and halloween lighting,

It bugged me, then two days later i see it again perhaps 2 seconds but i nailed it, the antique shop has one of those animated matrix led signs, it would run thru lots of ads and one had an odd blue color that lit up the area where red didnt, pretty cool but not paranormal, sorry :hmm:

Point is next time investagate dont wonder about it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

If it was a steady light, most likely s/he's a photographer or painter... If it had a bluish tinge, that would lean my guess towards photographer, using daylight-balanced floodlights.

I used to do commercial photography as a sideline - don't do much indoor stuff these days but I still have a mean set of floods in the back of my wardrobe - you never know when someone beautiful might knock on your door.. :D 

It's been several years ago, but if I remember right it was a very bright white light, no blue tint.   No telling, perhaps they were doing some kind of work and needed a super bright light.

20 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Many years ago I lived on some property (12.8 acres) in a 16 x 80 mobile home.   Adjoining my place was a couple who lived on 100 acres in a large two-story home.   They were friendly, although I usually saw the man more than his wife.   I raised mainly goats and they had cattle.  This property was in a fairly rural area about 9 miles from a small town to the south named Devine, Tx and another town to the north called Hondo, Tx.

Well on a dark, moonless night sometimes you could not even see my neighbor's house, for at night they rarely burned lights.   The back door of my trailer faced their property, and it was on one of those dark nights I noticed through the brush a very bright light coming from their place.  So it was around 9 or 10 p.m.  and I decided to walk along my driveway to see the source of the light.   I don't remember any other lights on.   

This neighbor's house had a large bay window upstairs, and through that window is where I saw the light.   The only thing I could compare the light to was like a welder's arc, maybe even brighter.   I have no idea what it was.   Of note, one time the man told me he scared away a charging bull by getting on all fours and making a face!   Could he have been other-worldly?  (Ha ha), I don't know.

I never saw that neighbor a lot to ask about the light, and never saw it over there again.   Maybe he was doing some kind of work, no telling.   I've long since left that place, and I think he and his wife left their place.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I never saw that neighbor a lot to ask about the light, and never saw it over there again.   Maybe he was doing some kind of work, no telling.   I've long since left that place, and I think he and his wife left their place.   

At the risk of offending the "everything is paranormal" folks, i will say this very well might have been something paranormal but i do not see any reason at all to call it that.

58 minutes ago, the13bats said:

At the risk of offending the "everything is paranormal" folks, i will say this very well might have been something paranormal but i do not see any reason at all to call it that.

Well, I like to look for logical reasons too, but the fact of the matter is that sometimes things are paranormal.   One thing that stood out weird about this guy was him telling me and my dad that he scared off a charging bull by getting on all fours and making a face.   What!?!?   But about the light, it was like nothing I'd seen coming from a home.    I stood and watched a few minutes, and it looked like an extraordinarily bright white light that went from near the ceiling to the floor.   I couldn't guess how far away I was, far less than half of a quarter of a mile, whatever that would be, probably not that far but plenty close to see that light.  

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

Well, I like to look for logical reasons too, but the fact of the matter is that sometimes things are paranormal.   One thing that stood out weird about this guy was him telling me and my dad that he scared off a charging bull by getting on all fours and making a face.   What!?!?   But about the light, it was like nothing I'd seen coming from a home.    I stood and watched a few minutes, and it looked like an extraordinarily bright white light that went from near the ceiling to the floor.   I couldn't guess how far away I was, far less than half of a quarter of a mile, whatever that would be, probably not that far but plenty close to see that light.  

Actually somethings a "fact" when proven, speculation and assuming does make something paranormal or a fact, i cant find one case where paranormal was the proven explanation, i keep looking.

odd behavior doesnt make a person a non human entity posiing as a farmer.

Can i prove your experence wasnt paranormal? No, and i dont care to try, can you prove that its anything more than a story? no you cant,

So that is why i said,

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

35 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Actually somethings a "fact" when proven, speculation and assuming does make something paranormal or a fact, i cant find one case where paranormal was the proven explanation, i keep looking.

odd behavior doesnt make a person a non human entity posiing as a farmer.

Can i prove your experence wasnt paranormal? No, and i dont care to try, can you prove that its anything more than a story? no you cant,

So that is why i said,

well, I don't know either, but I do know it was quite unusal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe that the author of his account of the ‘bright light’ felt that his experience was anything to do with the paranormal, there’s more paranormal in 3x3=9.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:22 PM, BEAR-CUB said:

I can’t believe that the author of his account of the ‘bright light’ felt that his experience was anything to do with the paranormal, there’s more paranormal in 3x3=9.

I never said this experience was paranormal.  In my original post I said some things are paranormal, and they are.   I don't know what the light was, but both it and the neighbor were unusual.