Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

125-year-old magazine found inside statue

Still Waters

A 125-year-old magazine has been found hidden in the coat-tails of Bristol’s infamous Edward Colston statue.

The copy of Tit-Bits magazine was uncovered when the toppled monument to the slave trader was retrieved from the city’s harbour on Thursday.

It was carefully cleaned and dried, revealing handwritten notes on who had erected the statue and the date – October 26 1895.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/edward-colston-magazine-found-hidden-statue-bristol-a4467926.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A 125-year-old magazine has been found hidden in the coat-tails of Bristol’s infamous Edward Colston statue.

The copy of Tit-Bits magazine was uncovered when the toppled monument to the slave trader was retrieved from the city’s harbour on Thursday.

It was carefully cleaned and dried, revealing handwritten notes on who had erected the statue and the date – October 26 1895.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/edward-colston-magazine-found-hidden-statue-bristol-a4467926.html

"Tit-bits" eh?    I figured it had to be a girly magazine.  

My brother in law recently bought a 200 year old building in the city I live in.   We were exploring in it and made our way to an old upstairs bathroom.   Inside the wall near the toilet was an old cigar box.  Inside was nothing too valuable - an empty wallet, a couple pocket watches and other trinkets.  There was also an old piece of paper with some elicit drawings over naked women and men having sex with them.  I can only imagine what they were used for in the bathroom.    Ewe!

• Like 1