Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heres an option

WVK

While I'm sure their president is being sincere in his statement, it just goes to prove how little he understands the issues that really lie at the heart of the conflict around race in America.  It isn't about separate, unequal treatment as much as it is grievance  politics in most states.  Those in the AA community in inner cities would NEVER move to a place where their "victimhood" did not provide food, shelter, and cash for them.   THEY made the "deal" to be loyal support for Democrats in exchange for life on the modern Plantation.  When they change their minds and try a new way, their problems would end in record time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WVK said:

"Ghana Invites African Americans to ‘Come Home’ in Wake of U.S. Protests"

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/06/09/ghana-invites-african-americans-home/

Cost of living in  the Accra Ghana

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Accra

Average salary in Ghana is GHS 80,650. Average take home earning is GHS 63,778 (Net). The most typical salary is GHS 28,776 (Gross). These data are from our visitors surveys (756 individual salaries).May 11, 2020

https://www.averagesalarysurvey.com/ghana

So another country is offering up shelter to American refugees?

Currency is 1:0.17 but cost of living is cheaper.   English is the primary language.  Economic growth in the 6% range.  Stable and a regional power.  Exports oil, gold, cocoa, timber, tuna, bauxite, aluminum, manganese ore, diamonds, horticultural products.

Hmmm....  Sounds like a good place to invest money in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WVK said:

"Ghana Invites African Americans to ‘Come Home’ in Wake of U.S. Protests"

The back to Africa movement has been around since emancipation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Colonization_Society

But African Americans and African immigrants hated each other in the hood so I don't see it happening. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

The back to Africa movement has been around since emancipation. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Colonization_Society

But African Americans and African immigrants hated each other in the hood so I don't see it happening. 

Didn't Philly drop an incendiary device on a house full.of activists working on that very idea back in the 1980's when Wilson Goode was mayor?

I seem to recall a city block.or.twomon Osage Avenue burning down back then. 

Edited by Jarocal
Piney hides evidence of giants in America
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Didn't Philly drop an incendiary device on a house full.of activists working on that very idea back in the 1980's when Wilson Goode was mayor?

MOVE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE

7 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Piney hides evidence of giants in America

I left a couple of Adena femurs in Swede's cabin and tipped off Childress. :unsure2:

• Like 3

Back to Africa movements make as much sense as Back to Europe movements.  People should live where they want to live.  Nothing wrong with Americans leaving of their own free will. We tend to retire all over the world.  There are still large numbers of Africans migrating to the USA and Europe every year.  I am not sure what any kind of movement would accomplish or what it would intend to accomplish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, micahc said:

Back to Africa movements make as much sense as Back to Europe movements.  People should live where they want to live.  Nothing wrong with Americans leaving of their own free will. We tend to retire all over the world.  There are still large numbers of Africans migrating to the USA and Europe every year.  I am not sure what any kind of movement would accomplish or what it would intend to accomplish. 

It’d be a glut of skilled migrants into Ghana ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

While I'm sure their president is being sincere in his statement, it just goes to prove how little he understands the issues that really lie at the heart of the conflict around race in America.  It isn't about separate, unequal treatment as much as it is grievance  politics in most states.  Those in the AA community in inner cities would NEVER move to a place where their "victimhood" did not provide food, shelter, and cash for them.   THEY made the "deal" to be loyal support for Democrats in exchange for life on the modern Plantation.  When they change their minds and try a new way, their problems would end in record time.

Get help. Seriously.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Get help. Seriously.

The President of Ghana as well as his predecessors have been encouraging the diaspora return to Africa for decades.  "and then" thinks he doesn't understand America's race problem.   I have him blocked, but I saw your reply to him.  LOL.  He must think everybody in Africa knows nothing about geography or history. what's funny, his great leader trumpanov knows nothing about history or geography and he doesn't mean well. LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It’d be a glut of skilled migrants into Ghana ;)

you seriously think people with skills who make a good living here will go to that shthole? lmao. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Piney said:

yes, they have a very different mindset and behaviour.  i'm seen it here in nyc for over 40 years

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, aztek said:

you seriously think people with skills who make a good living here will go to that shthole? lmao. 

Ghana allows for dual citizenship.  It's also better than living in a Kushner apartment (or even in New York) by your very own accounts on this forum.  https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/jared-kushner-owns-many-of-baltimores-rat-infested-homes.html

Only people that make a good living will go there.  The average salary for our black populace prevents them from relocating to another country (or out of New York).  Heck, having enough money to evacuate during a hurricane was an issue during Katrina.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Ghana allows for dual citizenship.  It's also better than living in a Kushner apartment (or even in New York) by your very own accounts on this forum.  https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/jared-kushner-owns-many-of-baltimores-rat-infested-homes.html

Only people that make a good living will go there.  The average salary for our black populace prevents them from relocating to another country (or out of New York).  Heck, having enough money to evacuate during a hurricane was an issue during Katrina.

do you seriously expect this to be taken seriously???  lmao

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, aztek said:

do you seriously expect this to be taken seriously???  lmao

More so than your personal opinion on the matter?  Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, aztek said:

Dunno.... are they more or less likely to murdered by either their neighbour or the police in Ghana?

On 6/14/2020 at 4:44 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Dunno.... are they more or less likely to murdered by either their neighbour or the police in Ghana?

murder rate in ghana. you do the math

Per 100,000 people 11.6 Ranked 42nd. 97% more than United States
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

^^  keep in mind, there can't use a race card in ghana, can't blame white man, can't demand justice, riot, and protest, can't get welfare\food stamps, and have special protection,  with the attitude they have here, i predict locals will be killing them at much much higher rate they they can even imagine

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

American Blacks are not African.  They will never be Ghanaian.  The cultural divide would be too great.  Sure, it would be great for the individual to learn about their heritage, but the population of Ghana is about 20 million.  There are 45 million Black American's.  If they were to migrate to Ghana, Ghanaian culture would cease to exist because the immigrants would want to have things closer to how it was back home.  It would teeter on instability.  And that would encourage violence.  Ghana will just become another suburb of Chicago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, Piney said:

Could you explain this to me, please?

1 hour ago, acute said:

Could you explain this to me, please?

It complicated......