Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hubble values new findings?

Damien99

2 hours ago, Damien99 said:

i am confused

One day you'll start a topic without this being the case.

what’s to change in the model?

What exactly are you confused by?  It's all clearly explained in the article.

If you had a basic understanding of science you would realise your usage of the phrases, "close to" and, "about", are the clue.

"Close to" and "about" are just not good enough in science. When a model gives a precise prediction but the observations are only, "close to", that prediction it is a sure sign that something is wrong with that model. 

Think of it like this, would you consider an airline pilot to be good at his job if he landed close to the airport? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What I mean is there have been discprepenesies for a long time why is this one thé One change the model

and what is the model have the change is it the way it’s calculated?

Edited by Damien99

What I mean is there have been discprepenesies for a long time why is this one thé One change the model

Where does it say that? I'll answer that for you, it doesn't. What it does say is this:

We find that galaxies are nearer than predicted by the standard model of cosmology, corroborating a problem identified in other types of distance measurements

Do you know what corroborate means? 

These measurements have backed up previous measurements, hence making it more likely those previous measurements were correct. Since those measurements place doubt on the standard model any corroborating measurements would increase that doubt.

and what is the model have the change is it the way it’s calculated?

Sorry, but this sentence is very poorly written. I'm guessing you are asking what will need to be changed in the standard model. Well they don't know otherwise the standard model would be correct. It will take lots of research to pin down where the discprepenesies come from.

I hope you don't mind me asking, is English your first language? I ask because, as well as not understanding the science, you frequently seem to struggle with comprehending the literature. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Where does it say that? I'll answer that for you, it doesn't. What it does say is this:

Do you know what corroborate means? 

These measurements have backed up previous measurements, hence making it more likely those previous measurements were correct. Since those measurements place doubt on the standard model any corroborating measurements would increase that doubt.

Sorry, but this sentence is very poorly written. I'm guessing you are asking what will need to be changed in the standard model. Well they don't know otherwise the standard model would be correct. It will take lots of research to pin down where the discprepenesies come from.

I hope you don't mind me asking, is English your first language? I ask because, as well as not understanding the science, you frequently seem to struggle with comprehending the literature. 

It is not English and thank you I understand d my question now

Edited by Damien99