Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Model maker recreates Star Trek bridge set

Still Waters

One model maker could have reached the final frontier of construction with his latest work.

Geoff Collard, from Paulton in Somerset, has spent 500 hours recreating the bridge set from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

His model has won praise from Star Trek fans for its realism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-somerset-53027882/star-trek-next-generation-fan-rebuilds-bridge-set

• Like 6

Impressive!

• Like 4

Oh wow, the detail is incredible. I don't have the patience to put a five-piece puzzle together, let alone anything that complex.

• Like 3

Wow.  I work in the biz and I've worked on the Trek franchise (the first JJ Abrams film), and what Mr Pollard achieved is really impressive. I suspect he's a miniature pro already working in film.

On a show of that magnitude, we generally work seven 12 hour shifts a week until the set is complete.  My longest stint in a row was 87 days, for a show called Jericho.

At that rate he completed that model by himself from scratch in just under 6 weeks.

With those skills, Geoff could step right in on our crew with us, hold his own and work on the real thing if he was inclined. 

• Like 4