Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange something or other in the elevator

Kittens Are Jerks

27 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Thoughts anyone?

Could be a paranormal materialization. If the information is being given in best faith, it Papameters out at above 50%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Could be a paranormal materialization. If the information is being given in best faith, it Papameters out at above 50%.

It could be anything, but you know where I stand on the paranormal. My concern, to be honest, is that it's not a toxic build up of something. 

We all went straight to security to report what happened and asked them to review the security videos from that elevator, and to also investigate whether or not anything was going on with that elevator or any of the others. They've called the servicing company to investigate just to be on the safe side, and we're still waiting on their security video report. None of us who saw it think it's anything paranormal, but one of the security guys (who believes in that sort of thing) got totally unnerved about it (especially as we described it as being black in colour).

• Like 4

Sounds paranormal to me sort of or it was the phantom blot anyways clouds or mist can appear anywhere on the earth or it might be fumes? 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perfect timing. Just got a call from security. They have it on video. I'm going to ask if I can have a copy of it to post here. brb

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It could be anything, but you know where I stand on the paranormal. My concern, to be honest, is that it's not a toxic build up of something. 

We all went straight to security to report what happened and asked them to review the security videos from that elevator, and to also investigate whether or not anything was going on with that elevator or any of the others. They've called the servicing company to investigate just to be on the safe side, and we're still waiting on their security video report. None of us who saw it think it's anything paranormal, but one of the security guys (who believes in that sort of thing) got totally unnerved about it (especially as we described it as being black in colour).

Have not heard of toxic matter holding together and moving like that. Might want to ask the unnerved one if there’s been anything else strange.

You may want to petition for a Papameter to be installed in each elevator. At 98% certainty it can trigger release of an anti-slime spray.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel l can trust your judgment on this. Would love to see the video. 

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You may want to petition for a Papameter to be installed in each elevator. At 98% certainty it can trigger release of an anti-slime spray.

The passengers always send me colorful letters describing their opinion of the service.

• Haha 1

What is the history of the building, and what was on the plot before it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The unnerved security guard stayed after his shift was over to review the video. The elevator seemed fine until one of the residents walked in with a bellman's cart full of stuff. She entered the elevator on the eighth floor and got off on the 27th. The bellman's cart faced the door and when she got in front of it and pulled it out, the dark mass was in the bottom right hand corner (just behind where the bellman's cart was). It stayed there pretty much motionless until the elevator came down to the lobby where were were waiting. It zipped out as soon as the doors opened (the wind effect of the door opening may have had something to do with it, I don't know) and disappeared.

I know the woman in the elevator, so knocked on her door, explained what happened and asked what she had on the cart. They were some items she picked up from another tenant who had been moved to a nursing home (the vast majority of people in my building are retired). The items included books, small framed paintings, crystal vases, and (PapaGeorge is going to go mental when he reads this) two antique Art Nouveau lamps. That was it. Nothing to explain the dark mass.

Unfortunately, due to privacy issues I was unable to obtain a copy of the video, even the few seconds where no one was in the elevator.

All of us at this end have absolutely no explanation for it, except for that one security guard who will probably never get into that elevator again. What's really funny is that the five other elevators have been going bonkers on and off all afternoon, whilst that one has been running smoothly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Have not heard of toxic matter holding together and moving like that. Might want to ask the unnerved one if there’s been anything else strange.

I don't know a thing about toxic matter, or even it's visible. It appeared too concentrated to be smoke. 

Nothing else strange has been reported.

But this is the second time something like this has happened, and I would really like to get to the bottom of it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

It's a demon, or demonic entity. 

Who are you and what have you done with ZenoFish?

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, acute said:

What is the history of the building, and what was on the plot before it?

The building doesn't have much of a history. It's about 25 years old, and that's all I really know about it.

I live in Toronto's Harbourfront area, right on Lake Ontario: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbourfront_(Toronto)

Here's a history of the area if you're interested: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/nbe/portal/waterfront/Home/waterfronthome/about-us/history-and-heritage

The area was used mostly for shipping and industrial purposes before it was developed. It was originally populated by Indigenous people (who go back more than 11,000 years,  and the city's name comes from the Mohawk word tkaronto, meaning trees standing in water). 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Who are you and what have you done with ZenoFish?

I'm just giving the 'correct answer'. Besides, I wasn't there so I have no real clue as to what it could be.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm just giving the 'correct answer'. Besides, I wasn't there so I have no real clue as to what it could be.

The 'correct answer'? I wouldn't call it correct, but it's certainly the most fun one.

• Like 6

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

The 'correct answer'? I wouldn't call it correct, but it's certainly the most fun one.

I'm just playing the Yes Man role. Because I know if I say something that diminished the paranormalness of this, I'll have to deal with the hardcore believers and that will eat up pages. As it stands, I'm just going to say that I do not know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It could be anything, but you know where I stand on the paranormal.

I've seen this type of thing several times,I have no idea what it is as there are as many variables of paranormal as stars in the sky.They do feel negative,so could be a collection of people's bad thoughts or emotions.Becoming open can happen at any stage of your life and glad you posted this Kittens.There are not many people that haven't experienced something unexplainable which says something for keeping an open mind about everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Any wind would have tore a vapor ball apart and sent streamers. I also trust your judgement.  I've read too many of your posts to think otherwise. To bad you couldn't have snapped a pic. But, it probably would have come out blurred and fuzzy according to Murphy's law. The speed of it is really creepy. Perhaps this is what you saw? Only a black version? Just kidding, Kittens. Please keep us informed. I'm absolutely fascinated by this phenomenon. 

bullet_cat.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

What I have learnt is not to fear or dwell on any of this as you end up in too deep and lose yourself in it.It is all around us,you just learn to accept it,you need to stay sceptical to a point to be able to function in this life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

(PapaGeorge is going to go mental when he reads this) two antique Art Nouveau lamps. That was it. 

I’m going mental with paranormal theories here. You mentioned In a later post that this is the second time something has happened. Please  Explain. I am due for a full-blown loony post of me theorizing. 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, openozy said:

What I have learnt is not to fear or dwell on any of this as you end up in too deep and lose yourself in it.It is all around us,you just learn to accept it,you need to stay sceptical to a point to be able to function in this life.

Agreed. But we're talking about kittens. Pretty grounded person. Investigate for the fun of it. Don't get obsessed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’m going mental with paranormal theories here. You mentioned In a later post that this is the second time something has happened. Please  Explain. I am due for a full-blown loony post of me theorizing. 

Mobile ectoplasm going for a stroll? Dark lightning ball? Giant hair ball on the move? Sentient dryer lint? I'm tapped out.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Agreed. But we're talking about kittens. Pretty grounded person. Investigate for the fun of it. Don't get obsessed.

That's the way to go,extra interesting because of the viewer.

• Thanks 4