Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's backfiring again

Unusual Tournament

Trump's showmanship is now backfiring on him

Donald Trump's showmanship -- a key ingredient in his unorthodox reality show-style approach to the presidency -- is beginning to fail him, increasingly emphasizing his disconnect with many Americans and struggles to manage crises besieging the White House.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/trump-white-house-showmanship-backfiring/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Maybe should consider another stint at pro wrestling ... Win the heavyweight title and smack Dwayne 'The Rock's Johnson around for being disconsolate and depressing... 

Then back in time for reelection and win and lead as the greatest President, by far, the world has ever seen, no contest...

~

• Haha 7

Oh he's always doing that. I think it's the curries. If he stuck to burgers and pizza they wouldn't need to keep opening the windows in the Oval Office to let it out. . 

• Haha 1

I'm sorry I just don't understand why you felt this editorial was so important it needed its own thread. CNN has thousands of these which are just like every other editorial. It isn't special, just opinion based nonsense that will be devoured with glee from everyone else in the "orange man bad" echo chamber this writer exists in.

This isn't anything new, or enlightening or an even an interesting take on why orange man is bad now. Just blaming him on every single thing happening wrong with the nation. As if we don't all exist in a reality with thousands of other politicians equally responsible.

Edited by Careful_perspective
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Careful_perspective said:

I'm sorry I just don't understand why you felt this editorial was so important it needed its own thread. CNN has thousands of these which are just like every other editorial. It isn't special, just opinion based nonsense that will be devoured with glee from everyone else in the "orange man bad" echo chamber this writer exists in.

This isn't anything new, or enlightening or an even an interesting take on why orange man is bad now. Just blaming him on every single thing happening wrong with the nation. As if we don't all exist in a reality with thousands of other politicians equally responsible.

One could also ask why you felt a fake letter published by an extreme white biased conspiracy site, excoriating Democrats and the Black Lives Matter movement, was so imprtant it too needed its own thread. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

One could also ask why you felt a fake letter published by an extreme white biased conspiracy site, excoriating Democrats and the Black Lives Matter movement, was so imprtant it too needed its own thread. 

I've really never been on that site so I didn't know it was white biased they pen themselves as right leaning and libertarian. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Careful_perspective said:

I've really never been on that site so I didn't know it was white biased they pen themselves as right leaning and libertarian. 

Not a problem. You were entitled to post it, and really don't owe anyone an explanation.

And you're right, the editorial will be devoured with glee by some, but there is some truth to it. Just as there may have been in the letter you posted.

Either way, it merits a discussion, regardless of how many politicians are equally responsible. They're not the President, Trump is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh sorry, before I read more, I thought it was a flatulence problem.  Poor guy. Too many cheeseburgers and fries do it to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Careful_perspective said:

Just blaming him on every single thing happening wrong with the nation. As if we don't all exist in a reality with thousands of other politicians equally responsible

Trump and his worshippers go to excuse, blame anything and anyone else.

Ah, but tweety is in charge, he wanted the job the responsibility,  is everything wrong tRumps fault? No, of course not, only the countless epic fails due to his bumbling incompetence those are his to own.

:hmm:

Edited by the13bats

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Trump and his worshippers go to excuse, blame anything and anyone else.

Ah, but tweety is in charge, he wanted the job the responsibility,  is everything wrong tRumps fault? No, of course not, only the countless epic fails due to his bumbling incompetence those are his to own.

I voted for Trump, I think he speaks really poorly, and often misspeaks. I have been embarrassed several times. However, I do get frustrated that he is being blamed for all the racial tensions as well as so many of the other issues which have been brewing for years. A lot of these cities with the most chaos have been pure democratic for years. Career Politicians in both parties share the blame in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Careful_perspective said:

I voted for Trump, I think he speaks really poorly, and often misspeaks. I have been embarrassed several times. However, I do get frustrated that he is being blamed for all the racial tensions as well as so many of the other issues which have been brewing for years. A lot of these cities with the most chaos have been pure democratic for years. Career Politicians in both parties share the blame in my eyes.

Well, until we get a leader willing to take responsibility and deal with the root issues we will just have to continue living with the riots and other consequences. 

• Like 3

On 6/15/2020 at 3:52 AM, Captain Risky said:

Donald Trump's showmanship -- a key ingredient in his unorthodox reality show-style approach to the presidency -- is beginning to fail him, increasingly emphasizing his disconnect with many Americans and struggles to manage crises besieging the White House.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/trump-white-house-showmanship-backfiring/index.html

This is just more of the same, fake news.  I’m just going to pull out a couple of entries to show you.  I could rep them all apart just as easily

In this link:  his disconnect with many Americans:  I just use this paragraph:

In essence, he's arguing that there is something fundamentally un-American and liberal about finally shedding the symbols and imagery of the Civil War

> Why do we need to shed the symbols and imagery of the Civil War?  That is part of our history.  We need to understand those symbols and imagery.  They shouldn’t be allowed to be hid away.  China went on a binge destroying its history.  ISIS went crazy destroying some our most ancient history in Iraq and Syria.  The Taliban blew up the Buddhas of Bamiyan.  And there are those that want to do the same here.  To eradicate these things is a crime against humanity.  There were men in post WWII Europe that sacrificed their lives to save the art that Germany stole.  Not once did anyone ask if a particular painting was racist, or depicted oppression, or even White privilege (which perhaps most of them do)?

“Proudly crisscrossing the country without wearing a mask”

> This is just too much.  Trump without a mask is wrong but it is perfectly acceptable to hold massive riots.  We’ll see how things spike come this weekend.  But then the health checkers aren’t allowed to ask if someone had been to a protest?

Threatening to send troops to tackle demonstrators in Seattle

> No, he didn’t threaten protesters.  He threatened the Mayors and Governors that he would take care of the rioters is they didn’t.  It looks like the threat to the Republic is settling down.  How much longer does CHOP have?  To let it collapse on its own would provide a much better example.  Of those individuals and businesses affected, I think they have an excellent suit against the city.

I’ve said to pay attention to two sets of numbers.  The first one is the turnout in the primaries.  Record numbers of Republicans coming out to vote for an unopposed incumbent.  That just doesn't happen.  People are speaking their conscience.  As the rallies get back to full steam, the numbers coming even though they all won’t be accommodated, will continue to be strong.  Those two numbers disprove your disconnect.  If you want disconnect, just try to watch a Biden basement bunker interview.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 9:39 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Either way, it merits a discussion,

It may merit discussion but the excesses of the media mob over the last 3 years has relegated everything into two categories.  The Dems cannot control themselves enough to target only important issues.  When EVERY story or report is another version of OMB, it just becomes noise.  Trump makes enough mistakes that had the media NOT been a lynch mob for nearly 4 years, he just might have lost some of his base.  IF he wins again, it will surely be the non-stop vitriol of the propaganda arm of the Left that achieved it for him.  How's that for irony?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

If you want disconnect, just try to watch a Biden basement bunker interview.

Yet all we hear from the usual suspects here, is that Trump is a coward, hiding in a bunker.  Biden is going to provide an enormous amount of entertainment this election.  I wonder what his excuses for not debating will be?  What a waste of carbon he is.  

• Like 4

The “disconnect” isn’t real, it’s a media myth.

Here’s a great example of Pres. Trump’s real connection to American citizens:

"I was very, very emotional throughout the whole conference," she said. "[Trump] was very compassionate. He showed major concern for all families. Not just one family, but for all families."

Cooper-Jones added: "I can say that President Trump was very receiving. He listened and he addressed each and every family accordingly."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-mother-trump-very-compassionate-white-house-meeting

Edited by simplybill
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 1:58 PM, and then said:

Yet all we hear from the usual suspects here, is that Trump is a coward, hiding in a bunker.  Biden is going to provide an enormous amount of entertainment this election.  I wonder what his excuses for not debating will be?  What a waste of carbon he is.  

I find it hilarious that you think Biden won't debate Trump, when it's actually the other way around. Biden is an accomplished speaker, while *Trump speaks in tounges unheard of til little Billy ran head first into the flag pole. 

what-if-i-told-you-i-have-no-idea-what-youre-talking-about.jpg

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, aztek said:

backfiring??? lmao, nope, he is running on all 8

8 from a 12 lunger, not so good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

backfiring??? lmao, nope, he is running on all 8

He needs new spark plugs, oil change, fuel filter, and a smart box. Cause damm, what he's running on wouldn't keep a go cart running.

pinto.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

He needs new spark plugs, oil change, fuel filter, and a smart box. Cause damm, what he's running on wouldn't keep a go cart running.

pinto.jpg

Oh, too funny, trump is like a 70s pinto,

Trump cant walk a ramp or drink water like a competent adult,

OIP.OVRjx9Svc9lcCRa6tuskHwAAAA?pid=Api&d

• Haha 2

Now this is the Biden. Still a classic, with lots of horsepower left for passing pos Pinto's on the way to the election.

71ta.jpg

• Like 1