Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
TellLieVision

Controlled opposition (question)

TellLieVision

Could somebody explain what that really is and provide examples?

Desertrat56

Do you have a web search engine like google or duck duck go or mozilla?  I was able to pull up a definition with a search, maybe you could read the definition and decide if you want to discuss something about this.

• Like 3

zep73
14 minutes ago, TellLieVision said:

Could somebody explain what that really is and provide examples?

It would help if your provided a context first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Desertrat56
Just now, sci-nerd said:

It would help if your provided a context first.

I think he wants us to do his homework for him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

XenoFish

Lazy people. <_<

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Controlled opposition

A controlled opposition is a protest movement that is actually being led by government agents. Nearly all governments in history have employed this technique to trick and subdue their adversaries. Notably Vladimir Lenin who said ''"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

• Like 3

Desertrat56
8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Lazy people. <_<

A controlled opposition is a protest movement that is actually being led by government agents. Nearly all governments in history have employed this technique to trick and subdue their adversaries. Notably Vladimir Lenin who said ''"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves."

Ahhh, now you gave it to him.  He was supposed to find it himself.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

XenoFish
2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ahhh, now you gave it to him.  He was supposed to find it himself.  :lol:

I don't have the patience for that today. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

zep73
17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Lazy people. <_<

I think he's looking for the conspiracy version, where government agents are placed in terror networks, to keep tabs on them, and to use them as useful idiots, who diverts attention, when said government is in need of such. That's what the nuts claimed al-Qaeda was.

• Like 1

TellLieVision
18 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you have a web search engine like google or duck duck go or mozilla?  I was able to pull up a definition with a search, maybe you could read the definition and decide if you want to discuss something about this.

Yes, I do. But the results I get are almost none (that's strange), barring the urban dictionary one, which is a website I don't find that reliable.

TellLieVision

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Lazy people. <_<

17 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I think he's looking for the conspiracy version, where government agents are placed in terror networks, to keep tabs on them, and to use them as useful idiots, who diverts attention, when said government is in need of such. That's what the nuts claimed al-Qaeda was.

So, we can have two ways of controlled opposition here, right? 

1) the whole opposition is fake, it pretends to be opposition.

2) there are people undercover individuals in a legite opposition movement that try to sabotage it.

Desertrat56
8 minutes ago, TellLieVision said:

So, we can have two ways of controlled opposition here, right? 

1) the whole opposition is fake, it pretends to be opposition.

2) there are people undercover individuals in a legite opposition movement that try to sabotage it.

That sounds right.  Did you want to discuss or do you have ideas of how this is currently being used?

• Like 1

TellLieVision

I must've heard this term quite a bit in the last years when some pundits refer to protests or mobs in the streets.

It doesn't sound far-fetched at all that these tactics exist, does it?

Some even go as far as saying the two major parties in the US are two sides of the same coin.

Desertrat56
1 hour ago, TellLieVision said:

I must've heard this term quite a bit in the last years when some pundits refer to protests or mobs in the streets.

It doesn't sound far-fetched at all that these tactics exist, does it?

Some even go as far as saying the two major parties in the US are two sides of the same coin.

I am one of those that think there is a  meeting between those that run the two parties to  map out what they will cooperate with and what their shared goals are.  The division is used to  keep us controlled and unaware that they are not really giving us any choices.  I noticed this in the 70's when Nixon was running for the second time and his opposition was some unknown named McGovern.  The democratic convention was televised for the first time that year and it was obvious something was going on because the Ohio delegates walked out angry that their choice was not allowed.  They were told they had to vote for McGovern but they wanted the guy in the wheel chair.  Eventually they gave their 4 votes as one for McGovern and 3 for mickey mouse.  What we see on television is a lot more controlled nowadays.

I suspect some of the looting and attempts at rioting were also done by someone who wants things to get ugly, but I have no clue what their agenda would be for that, it just doesn't make sense, at least in places like Albuquerque.

• Like 1

Trelane

There are groups that like to propose that presidential candidates are used as part of Controlled Opposition programs.