Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilling clip shows creature in Polish forest

UM-Bot

4 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Did you double check everywhere to ensure no product had been left behind? You know, to err protect the animals who often snack on discarded meth... 

No, it was raided then it was cleaned up by the DEP. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Why? I used to walk through the woods in the darkness every night to get home lots of people do it... No flashlight or weapon needed. Whats strange is the people that don't go outside. i did occasionally get stalked by mountain lions but most things wont come after a human.

I do it all the time also. I have a 1000 lumen headlight on my head if I need it. I don't take the dog(s) with me because they may scare any game I'm counting away. I do carry a wicked sharp home made machete though. I don't find it anymore scary than daylight. I also metal detect at night with my headlamp on the lowest setting. Very peaceful at night.

As for the vid, yeah,  it's fake. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I also metal detect at night with my headlamp on the lowest setting. Very peaceful at night.

Hah, we spent many a night dusk to dawn on daytona or new Smyrna beach, head light and dirt pirating, nice , cool, very peaceful

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Hah, we spent many a night dusk to dawn on daytona or new Smyrna beach, head light and dirt pirating, nice , cool, very peaceful

No beachs here here, unfortunately. Lots of old collapsed homesteads though. They can be a bit creepy though. Lots of cool relics to find. Canada sucks for coin shooting as everything but pennies has ferrous metal in it. :(

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

No beachs here here, unfortunately. Lots of old collapsed homesteads though. They can be a bit creepy though. Lots of cool relics to find. Canada sucks for coin shooting as everything but pennies has ferrous metal in it. :(

Beaches are hit or miss, one day you might only find "junk" the next all kinds of loot,

Our place was built arounf 1909 and we havent hit the yard well but its full of fun junk.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

And yeah its darker when the moons not out but that is silly to think all teenagers need a flashlight to go out at night

Have you watched the video? He obviously needed a flashlight.

I NEVER said you always need  flashlight to go out at night. In some areas where it is dark, like in the woods or forest, you will need a flashlight.

We have had numerous posts on here with videos of people in the woods and they have flashlights, why do you think that is? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NCC1701 said:

To me it looks and sounds like a large bird, maybe a pelican.

pelican was my first guess too. havent heard one as vocal as that though. more just a croaking sound

• Like 1

22 hours ago, freetoroam said:

If you had light from the moon or other lighting around or even a lighted path, then you do not need a flashlight.

With no lighting around, you need a flashlight to walk through woods or a forest.

Were is this wood you walked through, I will google it.

For years I've done walks in the woods at night with no light source. It's fun to get used to whatever ambient light is available and head out. There are always spooky things out there like walking up to a deer at night. Accidently walked into a small herd one night. One night I saw white patches around me on the ground. Knew I was passing a family of skunks. When grouse take off at night right next to you its scary. Makes me jump. Took a bunch of kids out on a night hike with no Moon. They were amazed I could navigate the woods at night. I told them my secret. The trail is clear and if my feet brushed plants I knew I was off the trail. 

Flashlights can be avoided. I do a lot of camping and hardly ever use them. I use them when I am cooking but not for setting up the tent or getting into my sleeping bag. I try not to use flashlights when walking. Learned right away that using a headlamp while skiing in a snow storm is really hard.

I am a little surprised by people being concerned about the faker walking in a wood with a flashlight.  I'm not sure about Polish wildlife but I don't think it is crawling with wolves and bears.  I don't live in a wilderness by any means but when I was young I thought nothing of wandering through the woods at night without any kind of illumination.  The eyes adjust and I actually believe you are better off with the natural conditions.  Nowadays when out walking the dog later on I prefer my wife not to put her torch on and to use the natural conditions.

• Like 2

Hoax.  The jokester turns off his flashlight once he sees it while holding phone cam then turns flashlight back on to take another look but ever so briefly before running away. 150% fake af.

• Like 3

On 6/16/2020 at 7:49 AM, freetoroam said:

They forgot to add his friend with a recording of the noises.

Why would anyone go into the woods alone with a small torch? I got a wicked  flashlight to walk my dogs at night, but would not go into the woods at night, that tends to be when the animals come out to play. 

A guy in the woods with just a small flashlight and no dog? Nope, not having it. This is set up and could even be in the local park! 

I grew up in a rural forest/mountain area. Walking up the mountain at night with no flashlight was something we did with regularity. I've seen and heard some stuff that would make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. Once was even followed by a pack of feral dogs. Been shot at and saw what I considered a whack job walking across (not up or down) in clothes you don't wear in the woods. Lots of bears, coyotes, snakes, etc... but it was normal to us.

Suffice it to say, this "series" of videos is following a common serial pattern often used on youtube. All fiction.

Edited by jbondo

3 hours ago, jbondo said:

I grew up in a rural forest/mountain area. Walking up the mountain at night with no flashlight was something we did with regularity. I've seen and heard some stuff that would make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. Once was even followed by a pack of feral dogs. Been shot at and saw what I considered a whack job walking across (not up or down) in clothes you don't wear in the woods. Lots of bears, coyotes, snakes, etc... but it was normal to us.

Suffice it to say, this "series" of videos is following a common serial pattern often used on youtube. All fiction.

Maybe our woods are a lot darker than yours. They certainly are not as big. 

When there is no moon out, it is very dodgy to try and walk through our local walks without a light. The trees are dense and there is no natural light getting through to be able to see properly where you are walking.

There is no lighting from a nearby town to give some light in the sky. 

The video in the op is from Poland, he obviously needs a flashlight, you can clearly see how dark it is.

If you walk even just around the end of our marina where there are many trees. it is very dark. 

Our local woods do not have a walking path,  although not pitch black, you still need a flashlight to go through there, unless you want to take the risk of tripping over branches on the ground or putting your foot in a badgers  hole.

Maybe it has to do with the number of trees and how high they are, but I assure you, you would need a torch to walk through our woods, even when the moon is out, it still has to get through the trees, which in most parts, it does not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KevinCthulhu said:

I am a little surprised by people being concerned about the faker walking in a wood with a flashlight.  I'm not sure about Polish wildlife but I don't think it is crawling with wolves and bears.  I don't live in a wilderness by any means but when I was young I thought nothing of wandering through the woods at night without any kind of illumination.  The eyes adjust and I actually believe you are better off with the natural conditions.  Nowadays when out walking the dog later on I prefer my wife not to put her torch on and to use the natural conditions.

It depends on the density of the trees. Eyes can only adjust so much, if there is no illumination, you will not be able to see properly and quite frankly, why would you risk tripping over something when you could quite easily take a torch? 

As to the bold:

Poland is quite famous for several wild animals including wild bear, European wolf, European bison, white stork, roe deer, European elk, wild hedgehog, white-tailed eagle, and polish fox.

Where do you think the Polish have been getting their fur from for centuries?

Not sure about you, but here in England, as we were growing up, we always knew the Polish to wear fur hats and coats. 

Poland have been killing for fur for years: I thought this was a well known fact? 

Currently 50% of the world's fur farming takes place in Europe. One of the countries that have been at the top of the infamous ranking of fur producers for years is Poland. 

https://animainternational.org/blog/the-polish-fur-industry-is-in-crisis

• Thanks 1

I guess im odd and spoled but i have no interests in bumbling around in the dark when its so easy to have a light,  im clumsy and just no reason to risk injury going at things hadicapped by the dark, plus i find cool stuff out in the dark i would miss if i had no light, personal choice to each their own.

As far as op video,

6 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Hoax.  The jokester turns off his flashlight once he sees it while holding phone cam then turns flashlight back on to take another look but ever so briefly before running away. 150% fake af.

^ yep, the camerman does just what a person would do poorly faking this, i recall a bigfoot video like this shot by a news crew who sucked at acting.

• Like 1

Oh man, this one again. 

If you pause the clip when it shows the "creature" you can see that it's a crane (bird) of some kind. The main portion of the body is its chest, while the moving portion above is its neck.

Getting around in the dark without a light might take a little getting used to, but it is not as hard as people are making out. It's not about bumbling about, tripping, or taking risks. After a few trips people begin to notice how easy it is to get around. You start to notice things you never noticed before. It's fair to say that people here are presenting good ideas as to the issues involved. The problem is that they don't realize that many of these issues are not as overwhelming as they are suggesting. 

Here is an issue that can be very difficult to deal with when using a flashlight. It blinds you to the night. Many times I've had to hike out across the wilderness towards a location that I could only guess at by looking at the horizon at night. Had I turned on a flashlight I'd have lost the ability to see that horizon. It might be intermittently seen through the trees or in the open if I were crossing the desert at night. I wasn't on a trail, but cutting cross country. I might be heading through trees looking to be at the base of a rock climb in the high peaks or trying at night to get back to my car. Before dark I get a bearing on something on the horizon and then walk towards that in the dark. Turn on a flashlight and I'd be stopping often to let my eyes adjust to the dark to see that object on the horizon. I've crossed many miles of terrain doing that.

As far as this video goes it looks like nothing to me. Whatever they find at the end of the video is not  knowable from the video. Obviously this person is clueless losing track of something they consider a threat as they run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Maybe our woods are a lot darker than yours. They certainly are not as big. 

When there is no moon out, it is very dodgy to try and walk through our local walks without a light. The trees are dense and there is no natural light getting through to be able to see properly where you are walking.

There is no lighting from a nearby town to give some light in the sky. 

The video in the op is from Poland, he obviously needs a flashlight, you can clearly see how dark it is.

If you walk even just around the end of our marina where there are many trees. it is very dark. 

Our local woods do not have a walking path,  although not pitch black, you still need a flashlight to go through there, unless you want to take the risk of tripping over branches on the ground or putting your foot in a badgers  hole.

Maybe it has to do with the number of trees and how high they are, but I assure you, you would need a torch to walk through our woods, even when the moon is out, it still has to get through the trees, which in most parts, it does not. 

Never said I wouldn't need a light in your woods. However, my town was surrounded by dense forest. A very small town. The road I lived on had no street lights. Walk 10 ft in either direction off the road and you are in the trees. There is a difference though:  We knew those woods and mountains like the back of our hand. Hence being able to traverse them with little to no light. That's a big pet peeve with me. People think they need lights everywhere and the fact is, they could get by on far less. Mental conditioning makes them believe they need light. While not on the level of nocturnal animals, the human eye can do amazing things in very low light conditions. I've not used the lights in my office in 25 years. In my lab, only half the bank of lights is used and my guys have no problem out there. It saves the company thousands of dollars in electric every year as I also have other rooms with little or no lights on because they aren't used very often. It's also reducing the carbon footprint.

All that said, I'm sure I would need a light in new surroundings, such as where you are. However, if I didn't have one, there are still ways to make it thru an area.

• Like 2

A large feral tarpaulin that has a deer underneath it

• Thanks 1

I live on a dark road in a dark area. Years back I'd be quietly walking down the road marveling at the night sky and almost bumping into my neighbor. He was an aerospace engineer. He was out any night there was even a small chance to see the stars. NI could not see more than a few feet ahead of me. Almost ran into my neighbor so many times in this dark place we lived in. Yet, both of us navigated the dark road and the long dark driveways with ease. The only problem was those pesky neighbors  in the way that weren't supposed to be there.

Flashlights? Never. They ruin our ability to see the marvels above our heads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Flashlights?

Mine has a wonder of technology,  a convenient "on/off" switch ;)

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:41 AM, freetoroam said:

Have you watched the video? He obviously needed a flashlight.

I NEVER said you always need  flashlight to go out at night. In some areas where it is dark, like in the woods or forest, you will need a flashlight.

We have had numerous posts on here with videos of people in the woods and they have flashlights, why do you think that is? 

I dont care who posted a video of what you dont have to have a flashlight to go outside at night :lol: please stop watching videos and try practising in the real world. How idiotic i mean are you actually trying to convince me that i just imagined my whole life because in actuality i must have had a flashlight lmao this is the silliest thing i have ever heard. And why do you assume this video is fake? Its a freaked out buck with a bag stuck on its antler not a big deal. You can see his face in the stillshot.

And btw, you are talking about watching videos online. Of course they had to have a flashlight because unless they have nightvision cameras the video would be black. It doesn't mean you cant see, eyes and videocameras work differently. Please at least use some common sense when trolling me.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There is this really interesting deer I aw in India call a barisingha deer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barasingha

One of things they like to do is to collect a haystack of grass in their antlers. It's part of their mating ritual. Who's got the most stuff on their head? It's me hot lady. I was amazed at the displays we saw.

Did this deer do this accidentally or on purpose and was now regretting it? Was it a barisingha wanna be?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I dont care who posted a video of what you dont have to have a flashlight to go outside at night :lol: please stop watching videos and try practising in the real world. How idiotic i mean are you actually trying to convince me that i just imagined my whole life because in actuality i must have had a flashlight lmao this is the silliest thing i have ever heard. And why do you assume this video is fake? Its a freaked out buck with a bag stuck on its antler not a big deal. You can see his face in the stillshot.

And btw, you are talking about watching videos online. Of course they had to have a flashlight because unless they have nightvision cameras the video would be black. It doesn't mean you cant see, eyes and videocameras work differently. Please at least use some common sense when trolling me.

You are an idiot.

You have just ranted a load of utter rubbish.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, Nnicolette said:

You are being pretty silly. Its called northern california. It is all a big forest. More specifically i played in the woods in happy camp and burney if you must know. Few hours drive to any decent sized towns. And yeah its darker when the moons not out but that is silly to think all teenagers need a flashlight to go out at night lol i mean it was scary alone where there were no streetlights and i did tend to keep a large dog along but only sick or injured predators hang near buildings and the bears werent hostile. You guys are acting like its not normal to go outside if you dont live in an urban sprawl. Its not pitch black at night except for during the new moon... Its easy to see.

There are woods behind my house.  I wouldn't even go near them at night without a flashlight and a pistol. Even in the day, I carry a pistol if I go into the woods.  But then again I'm not in an urban area.  The real thing I worry about is Mountain Lions and wild boars...mostly wild boars.  Never actually seen a mountain lion but I heard a panther scream one night while I was looking through my telescope only a couple of hundred feet from the woods.  Scared me enough I ran all the way back to the house like a little girl.  It's the spiders though...they come out at night.  

My woods are thick though...you can't even walk through them in the daytime without a machette.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, stereologist said:

There is this really interesting deer I aw in India call a barisingha deer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barasingha

One of things they like to do is to collect a haystack of grass in their antlers. It's part of their mating ritual. Who's got the most stuff on their head? It's me hot lady. I was amazed at the displays we saw.

Did this deer do this accidentally or on purpose and was now regretting it? Was it a barisingha wanna be?

Its quite common to see deer, elk, and moose with foliage jambed in their antlers. It happens when they rub the velvet off the antlers, or they're in rut ripping small bushes and trees apart.

One trick to keep your night sight is to cover one eye when you turn the flashlight on. Then switch eyes when you turn it off. I've  used this hack for watching meteor showers.

• Like 3