Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chilling clip shows creature in Polish forest

UM-Bot

Well, there are two plausable explanations for the video. 

First one is, the guy truly heard noises and approached to the source, got scared by the animal and ran. Second, he set up this for lulz with his friends. Why? Tiktok, youtube, instagram. Some e-fame for a while.

It could be any of it but honestly the quality of the video isn't that good to even make anything out of it. I will go with normal animal eating something making noise calls (?)

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 1:58 AM, freetoroam said:

You are an idiot.

You have just ranted a load of utter rubbish.

So I'll be the 3rd person in this thread to tell you I can and have hiked in the forest (also Northern-ish California) completely fine without a flashlight. If you have a flashlight, feel free to use it as you will see better, but it's not necessary to make your way around, even me who has bad vision at night without my glasses (I only wear them at night). Also:

Have you watched the video? He obviously needed a flashlight.

A camera's detection of low light is far, far worse than a human's eyesight. You can go outside on a dimly lit night and see perfectly fine, but take out your phone and start videoing the same setting and the camera will pick up near nothing, instead showing only darkness.

I don't know why this odd debate has taken up so much of this thread. It's really not that big a deal, and especially not to call someone an idiot over disagreement over such a non-issue.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think some people think all cameras are the same. But there are cameras that can see well below what human eyes can see. The camera in your phone is not one of them.

As _Only pointed out the camera is not going to record low light well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, NCC1701 said:

To me it looks and sounds like a large bird, maybe a pelican.

Haha this reminds me of a lady i met at the river the other day. She was furious because i pointed out a crane right in front of us and she insisted it was a pelican, wouldnt believe anything otherwise despite the fact it was clearly a white crane. Reminded me of 95% of my conversations on this site lol

5 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Haha this reminds me of a lady i met at the river the other day. She was furious because i pointed out a crane right in front of us and she insisted it was a pelican, wouldnt believe anything otherwise despite the fact it was clearly a white crane. Reminded me of 95% of my conversations on this site lol

Was this a typical crane with red on its head? I hear the same from people trying to claim they saw huge numbers of bad eagles which I point out are osprey. They will blindly insist that there is no stripe through the eye on any of the birds they saw. That's why we insist on evidence and not story telling isn't  it?

• 2 years later...

This is my working theory, the elusive Polish Sausage that was believed to be extinct has bee rediscovered roaming its natural habitat.