Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man fined by police for a 'provocative' fart

Still Waters

A man in Vienna has been fined €500 (£447) for breaking wind loudly in front of police in a move the Austrian capital’s police force was at pains to defend.

The Österreich newspaper reported that the penalty stemmed from an incident on 5 June and that the offender was fined for offending public decency.

He got up from a park bench, looked at officers and “let go a massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent”, they said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/austrian-police-defend-decision-to-fine-man-after-provocative-fart

• Haha 8

I used to fart in my former boss's coffee cup if he wasn't looking and fart in his office if he left the door open. 

"let go a massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent”

Nicely worded. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And the the answer my friend is blowin in the wind.... 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 7

In the 21st century, you can be fined for passing gas. Not something I thought about back in the 1990's. At least he didn't burp, they might consider it aggressive language.

• Like 5

Fake news.

First off, I'm Australian - not Austrian. Secondly, it was my ex-wife - not the police.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

In the US farts are protected by the 1st amendment as freedom of speech and the right to express yourself. :P

Yeah, but when you slip gears and get a pantload, people tend to give you a wide berth... :w00t:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

In the 21st century, you can be fined for passing gas. Not something I thought about back in the 1990's. At least he didn't burp, they might consider it aggressive language.

Nah, I'd say that in the 21st century the population in America has become so infantile and butt hurt that they are willingly taking on the tyranny their grandfathers fought against.  There is no doubt where this is headed, IMO.  The silence is just a deep breath before the storm.

Officer Did you just poop in your pants? 

Man: No I did that yesterday. 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, and then said:

Nah, I'd say that in the 21st century the population in America has become so infantile and butt hurt that they are willingly taking on the tyranny their grandfathers fought against.  There is no doubt where this is headed, IMO.  The silence is just a deep breath before the storm.

I don't get it, we are talking about nasty farts here, and your talking about a deep breath before the storm, how does that relate to this thread?:rolleyes:

Peace

• Haha 1

They should have taken him to the hospital. Flush him out.

15 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

They should have taken him to the hospital. Flush him out.

@freetoroam

Hey! pull my finger

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, but when you slip gears and get a pantload, people tend to give you a wide berth... :w00t:

But it's probably legal to **** yourself :ph34r:

Edited by OverSword