Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supreme Court’s New LGBT Rights Ruling

Raptor Witness

15 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You also need to keep your posts factually correct. No religion I`m aware of bans interracial couples getting married or a pregnant woman to her boyfriend.

You might need to read that post again.  There was no implication about religions.  The implication was that there are potential business owners that object to interracial marriage - among other things.  Slippery slope, or not - it's the business' moral hazard.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah that's a big part of the reason why Jews are so liberal, we've seen what happens when far right parties get into power and start scapegoating everybody who's deemed different, and it ends with my great grandparents having to flee Europe in a real damn hurry. Hell that's why a lot of American Jews are starting to sour on Israel's government, a lot of the stuff the Knesset is doing these days looks more then a little familiar...

Yes, stereotyping, scapegoating and discrimination can be divisive and deadly. All are abhorrent practices, and I agree, those who have been victimised as such do tend to be more compassionate and empathetic.

An interesting historical tidbit. With Ernst Roehm, an openly gay man at the helm of the the Sturmabteilung (SA), homosexuals saw a period of relative tolerance in Nazi Germany. It wasn't until homophobic Himmler (and the SS) rose in prominence (and after Roehm was killed) that homosexuals started getting persecuted and sent to concentration camps. The ones who suffered most, of course, were the ones who were Jewish.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I disagree with about why the suicide rate and depression is very high. While in some cases it be because of the fact that some do not like who they are or they have mental in stability like any other minority group. However, to say it has nothing to do with their acceptance by others or by Society, but that it due to their personal mind is completely false, and it shows you are making comments not from the stand point of knowledge, but from the stand point of your personal opinion. Then you say that by looking at family groups of Men, Women, and children makes them unhappy by challenging their life style is also false like your other comments.

According to leading physiatrists who have studied these problem and written peer reviewed papers on the subject the reason that the Suicide rate is so high among the LGBT Community is a direct result, of there mistreatment with their homes, at their schools, and by society in general. 

Below is an excerpt form from Healthline.com which is according to studies by Phycologists and by Physiatrist's who have done peer reviewed case studies on the problem that LGBT youths experience: 

Adolescence is a difficult time for many young people and can be especially challenging for LGBT youth. Negative attitudes and cultural stigmas put LGBT youth at a higher risk for bullying, teasing, and physical violence than their heterosexual peers.

The Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN) released a report in 2013 on LGBT youth that states the following:

• Fifty-five percent of LGBT youth feel unsafe at school because of their sexual orientation, and 37 percent feel unsafe because of their gender expression.
  • Seventy-four percent of LGBT youth were verbally harassed because of their sexual orientation, and 55 percent were verbally harassed because of their gender expression.
  • Sixteen percent were physically assaulted, either punched, kicked, or injured with a weapon, because of their sexual orientation, and 11 percent of them experienced this type of assault because of their gender expression.

A hostile school environment affects a student’s performance in school and their mental health. LGBT students who experience victimization and discrimination typically have worse grades and don’t perform as well academically.

In addition to this in many cases their home life is no better which is stated below:

How a parent responds to their LGBT teen can have a tremendous impact on their child’s current and future mental and physical health. Many parents react negatively upon learning that their teen is LGBT and may even throw them out of the house, while other LGBT teens run away from home due to conflict or stress with their parents. Because of this, LGBT youth are also at a greater risk for homelessness than heterosexual youth.

Here is a link to the information I have provided above:

https://www.healthline.com/health/depression/gay#statistics

So I Am sorry but, I disagree with your comments because they are based upon your opinion and nothing of substance. 

My statment about depression in gay people, as well hearing cases about twisted suicide attempts so very often is based on feedback received from those i interfear with. I live in Toronto, the gayest city un the world and fortunately for many gay people there is no prejudice against by the local community. So believe me they are accepted. Often when we talk openly about relations, issues etc they continue to be somewhat surprised seeing that I am not as open as they would have expected me to be. Perhaps this is the reason they open up to me about subjects others would avoid talking. I work in publicity by the way, my job is to listen and talk to people. Hearing what they have to say, sometimes I giggle but sometimes i see them struggle with their own feelings. I saw gay man in their 50's still confused with their sexuality. I wish there was more education provided which covers up a lot more than just sex and who they sleep with. The main problem seems to be stemming from the fact that Gay people tend to associate themselves through their sexuality and if they are no longer happy with the sexuality chosen, their entire world is shateted, they become confused, regretful and ultimatedly unable to carry on. I have never talked tona bisexual person though i am enclined to believe they dont experiwnce what gay do which would proove some of thenpoints mentioned. 

But like I said ultimately I like to interact with gay people equally as I do with anyone else I own my profession to my gay boss and I enjoy drinking with gay colleagues and laugh together or talk about work and everything else

Edited by qxcontinuum

On 6/24/2020 at 12:03 AM, Jodie.Lynne said:

@Raptor Witness

I'd like to ask you the same question I asked someone else.

If you were in the ocean drowning, and only I came to your rescue, would you climb into my boat?

Like Jonah, I have been in the belly of the whale. I have already seen the future.

The One who rescues the elect, has already done so. What remains to be done now is not hidden, but in the open for all to see.

That boat is a city, a thousand miles cubed, which arrives in the sky. An amazing thing to imagine, before interstellar travel was even conceivable.

The ocean you speak of, will disappear.

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

My statment about depression in gay people, as well hearing cases about twisted suicide attempts so very often is based on feedback received from those i interfear with. I live in Toronto, the gayest city un the world and fortunately for many gay people there is no prejudice against by the local community. So believe me they are accepted. Often when we talk openly about relations, issues etc they continue to be somewhat surprised seeing that I am not as open as they would have expected me to be. Perhaps this is the reason they open up to me about subjects others would avoid talking. I work in publicity by the way, my job is to listen and talk to people. Hearing what they have to say, sometimes I giggle but sometimes i see them struggle with their own feelings. I saw gay man in their 50's still confused with their sexuality. I wish there was more education provided which covers up a lot more than just sex and who they sleep with. The main problem seems to be stemming from the fact that Gay people tend to associate themselves through their sexuality and if they are no longer happy with the sexuality chosen, their entire world is shateted, they become confused, regretful and ultimatedly unable to carry on. I have never talked tona bisexual person though i am enclined to believe they dont experiwnce what gay do which would proove some of thenpoints mentioned. 

But like I said ultimately I like to interact with gay people equally as I do with anyone else I own my profession to my gay boss and I enjoy drinking with gay colleagues and laugh together or talk about work and everything else

Thank you for reply, and while I agree that some LGBT people have problems stemming from their sexuality according to testimonials from LGBT people online, and according to the mental health community the depression many suffer from is caused from the following and not from their sexuality: 

1st)  When members of the LGBT community are growing up and they first begin to realize they are different when they are young children. In many cases when they begin to act upon their orientation their families are to say the least very resistant to the way these people feel. All the support they had within their homes begins to erode and their homes are no longer the safe place it had once been. In fact many of these people are forced out of their homes at a young age directly by being told to leave, or indirectly by not being able to feel comfortable in the home environment any longer. But either way at a young age they must learn to take care of themselves and also learn to live on the street. This can certainly be a major cause of depression, sadness, and loneliness and I am certain that this situation could lead to many mental health issues including suicide.

2nd) School can also be a major cause of fear, stress, and even danger for some of these people. It all depends upon when they choose to come out and start living their lives instead of playing along and hiding their true feelings. Whether someone comes out and begins living their lives according to their individual orientation, or whether they keep it bottled up inside themselves much mental anguish and stress will effect them and this can lead to the mental problems I outlined above

3rd)  Like I said the studies I have read papers online by Phycologists and Physiatrists that were peer reviewed clearly state that much of the later depression these people suffer from is caused by discrimination and victimization that started in their childhood. Then it continues on in their lives due to the way our society responds to them, and because they are not treated equally, the way other citizens are treated in our society today. 

Now I am not accusing you of dishonesty, however, I don't agree with everything you have said above. Because it doesn't fit with what is available in articles and personal testimonials online. So, we will have to agree to disagree on the difference in our thoughts on this subject, so please have a very nice night and I enjoyed our conversation.

Peace  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Like Jonah, I have been in the belly of the whale. I have already seen the future.

The One who rescues the elect, has already done so. What remains to be done now is not hidden, but in the open for all to see.

That boat is a city, a thousand miles cubed, which arrives in the sky. An amazing thing to imagine, before interstellar travel was even conceivable.

If you believe in that then may I point out the Bible quite clearly says that most of the human race will oppose the 2nd coming and take up arms against him.

Jesus is the destroyer of the order that is current when he comes, not an ally or its friend. I cannot remember the number but its something like a 52 state alliance against him. And he wins.

Edited by Cookie Monster

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

So we'll just put you down as a "no", then?

33 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

So we'll just put you down as a "no", then?

This isn’t a situation where I have to imagine that you are the Borg, is it?

15 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

This isn’t a situation where I have to imagine that you are the Borg, is it?

I believe that I asked a fair and rational question, but you chose to reply with a piece of religious prose. The question wasn't a trap, I was trying to see where you stood on the issue.

Another poster stated that he/she would rather die than accept help from LGBT+ people, while claiming that they "don't hate LGBT+", by your response, I'm just going to classify you in the same category.

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I believe that I asked a fair and rational question, but you chose to reply with a piece of religious prose. The question wasn't a trap, I was trying to see where you stood on the issue.

Another poster stated that he/she would rather die than accept help from LGBT+ people, while claiming that they "don't hate LGBT+", by your response, I'm just going to classify you in the same category.

If a nation cannot save itself from a simple coronal virus, how do you propose to save it from any darkness?

I applauded the Supreme Court for good reason.

The same darkness of bigotry against another spectrum of humanity is what is preventing a smart response to this coronal virus.

Education, or as some call it, enlightenment, requires the solidarity of the entire human family. Can we awaken from this darkness? I would hope so, then there is no need for a rescue mission.

Edited by Raptor Witness

@Raptor Witness 

While I applaud and thank you for your support for the LGBT+ community, I feel that a productive discussion with you is a fruitless exercise.