Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
PsiSeeker

Sneaky teaching

PsiSeeker

Very strange way a school teacher had of positing this fact.  Right on the cusp of intrinsically acquiring English as my second language in high school.  The oddness of word enunciation, pronouncing.  The category square is what is implied, which should be clear to see.  16 Years slow on that I am.  Oh well, depth mathematics takes some time.

Also, considering depth, or deep persons, i ponder how such things relate to Philosophy in the manner of every man having some sort of presentation for their life by some philosopher in their writings or by way of their philosophy.  I'm not sure if such a thing holds steadfast in camera view.  Shall be interesting to seem.  (Objective reality is an archaic way of speech.  "CAMERA VIEW" specifically where the definition for camera is akin to Computer Science however as the word falls from the definition in English one must be wary of such things as idioms.  Else Tower of Babel 101 baby.

HandsomeGorilla

Speaking of languages, which one is this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Timothy

@PsiSeeker, are you sure they didn’t say: ‘a rectangle is sometimes a square.’?

Because saying a rectangle is a square is incorrect.

A square is always a rectangle, but a rectangle is only a square when all sides are equal.

• Like 2

XenoFish
19 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Speaking of languages, which one is this? 

I can't much sense of it either. 

PsiSeeker

The class square includes the entity square and the entity rectangle.  In actual fact you find that without certain notions it becomes fundamentally impossible to distinguish a rectangle from a square.  It is an extra entity that also happens to be a square.  2D is 1 dimensional, from its own perspective.

Timothy
33 minutes ago, PsiSeeker said:

The class square includes the entity square and the entity rectangle.  In actual fact you find that without certain notions it becomes fundamentally impossible to distinguish a rectangle from a square.  It is an extra entity that also happens to be a square.  2D is 1 dimensional, from its own perspective.

Yes, you look at any 2D shape on a 1D plane, and depending on your perspective, it could always have the exact same length, or a different length. Length of the line is all you have in 1D.

You need to explain yourself better.

Desertrat56
6 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

Very strange way a school teacher had of positing this fact.  Right on the cusp of intrinsically acquiring English as my second language in high school.  The oddness of word enunciation, pronouncing.  The category square is what is implied, which should be clear to see.  16 Years slow on that I am.  Oh well, depth mathematics takes some time.

Also, considering depth, or deep persons, i ponder how such things relate to Philosophy in the manner of every man having some sort of presentation for their life by some philosopher in their writings or by way of their philosophy.  I'm not sure if such a thing holds steadfast in camera view.  Shall be interesting to seem.  (Objective reality is an archaic way of speech.  "CAMERA VIEW" specifically where the definition for camera is akin to Computer Science however as the word falls from the definition in English one must be wary of such things as idioms.  Else Tower of Babel 101 baby.

What fact did the teacher post? 

Desertrat56
1 hour ago, PsiSeeker said:

In math one dimension is a single dot in space.  what you call 2D is a line in space, or multiple lines on the same plane that could make up a square or a rectangle or triangle or trapezoid, etc.  I believe you when you mention that English is your second language.

• Thanks 1