Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hey guys, check this one out

preacherman76

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think you just answered yourself.

He sleeps in it every night. I’m the only one who get weird in tents. It’s never bothered him. 

• Confused 1

I’m fact he normally sleeps with it completely zipped up, till recently because of the heat. 

I read your OP 3 times before making a reply, i tell most people who see black shapes floating around that its a good idea to get checked for eye and or brain issues, your call.

Then if i understood it happened twice, the second time a 15yo is crying out of fear but for mom, oddly i would have thought he would have yelled for dad or mom and dad both, i wasnt raised by my dad and didnt have that option. Also you didnt see anything that was remotely odd, just your son upset.

My step daughter in her 20s now inherited from her dad all kinds of sleep related issues, including "sleep walking" but not limited to walking, she would get up go get a drink, go to the bathroom sit down and watch tv, asleep, both her and her dad did things very much like your son did,

Her dad did also had very bad night terrors that he wouldnt remember but would wake in trashing panic if tina got in the way she got hit,  he had busted furniture,  etc  when tony woke he recalled none of it, neither did kid,

Both also reported seeing things really not there not seen by others, while thinking they were awake but werent.

Back about 25 years ago i lived in the garage apt of my house, and had canopy bed and bug net and a hell of a lot of clutter and chaos, think munsters meet addams family, one night i was woke to bells, windchimes, etc ringing clattering around the room, i could hear thuds, knocks, things falling, getting knocked over,

i was trying to come too boot up, i actually considered something supernatural, i hit light switchs grabbed flashlight, the bed took up half of the room, something i cant see is randomly deliberatly ringing things in this room, screwing with me, my heart is thumping from a cool mix of fear and excitement,

After at least 15 mins i find the culprit, a huge tree frog, he/she was in stealth mode covered in grey dust jumping about almost invisible yet knocking things, it was great.

So back to step daughter and her dad, as it turns out her mom, my wife is a PhD in psychology, she gives college lectures about things like this, night terrors, hypnagogic hallucination,  sleep paralysis, etc,

At this point i believe your son had a very frightening, very real to him experence, it caused him knowingly or not to play out the sinaraio, see things not there, but terrifying  and yeah, keep a log of his night issues,  perhaps he might try sleeping outside that tent thing.

So did i epic fail?

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

I read your OP 3 times before making a reply, i tell most people who see black shapes floating around that its a good idea to get checked for eye and or brain issues, your call.

Then if i understood it happened twice, the second time a 15yo is crying out of fear but for mom, oddly i would have thought he would have yelled for dad or mom and dad both, i wasnt raised by my dad and didnt have that option. Also you didnt see anything that was remotely odd, just your son upset.

My step daughter in her 20s now inherited from her dad all kinds of sleep related issues, including "sleep walking" but not limited to walking, she would get up go get a drink, go to the bathroom sit down and watch tv, asleep, both her and her dad did things very much like your son did,

Her dad did also had very bad night terrors that he wouldnt remember but would wake in trashing panic if tina got in the way she got hit,  he had busted furniture,  etc  when tony woke he recalled none of it, neither did kid,

Both also reported seeing things really not there not seen by others, while thinking they were awake but werent.

Back about 25 years ago i lived in the garage apt of my house, and had canopy bed and bug net and a hell of a lot of clutter and chaos, think munsters meet addams family, one night i was woke to bells, windchimes, etc ringing clattering around the room, i could hear thuds, knocks, things falling, getting knocked over,

i was trying to come too boot up, i actually considered something supernatural, i hit light switchs grabbed flashlight, the bed took up half of the room, something i cant see is randomly deliberatly ringing things in this room, screwing with me, my heart is thumping from a cool mix of fear and excitement,

After at least 15 mins i find the culprit, a huge tree frog, he/she was in stealth mode covered in grey dust jumping about almost invisible yet knocking things, it was great.

So back to step daughter and her dad, as it turns out her mom, my wife is a PhD in psychology, she gives college lectures about things like this, night terrors, hypnagogic hallucination,  sleep paralysis, etc,

At this point i believe your son had a very frightening, very real to him experence, it caused him knowingly or not to play out the sinaraio, see things not there, but terrifying  and yeah, keep a log of his night issues,  perhaps he might try sleeping outside that tent thing.

So did i epic fail?

I'm well aware of the things that can happen during  hypnagogic "hallucinations", and sleep paralysis. I have pushed the boundaries as hard as I could many times experimenting with it. Couple things. First do you have any questions? You have expressed confusion regarding a few of my post. They seemed pretty straight forward and reasonable to me. What exactly was your issue with them?

The part of your post that I bolded, what are you trying to say? Are you questioning my relationship with my son?

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1

Then you knew its related to sleep issues :tu:

No, i have no issues with your story it didnt flow well but i made my reply, based on my gist of it, if im off so be it.

Questioning your relationship with your son? No, not at all.

i was remarking i find it odd a 15 yo kid who is scared cries out for mom over dad, i was raised by a mother and gmother but would see the "man of the house" as the one to fight my fears,  the one to go to if i needed protection, i didnt have that option,  in my case my mother wasnt very compassionate or understanding she was kind of in her own world, so i would have called out for grandmother, very caring i really miss her.

you placed it out here i only replied i meant zero offense, just struck me odd, if it bugs you ask your son why he called for mom and not you or both of you, as i havent a clue.

Edited by the13bats

52 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, i have no issues with your story it didnt flow well but i made my reply, based on my gist of it, if im off so be it.

Questioning your relationship with your son? No, not at all.

i was remarking i find it odd a 15 yo kid who is scared cries out for mom over dad, i was raised by a mother and gmother but would see the "man of the house" as the one to fight my fears,  the one to go to if i needed protection, i didnt have that option,  in my case my mother wasnt very compassionate or understanding she was kind of in her own world, so i would have called out for grandmother, very caring i really miss her.

you placed it out here i only replied i meant zero offense, just struck me odd, if it bugs you ask your son why he called for mom and not you or both of you, as i havent a clue.

My mistake. No offense taken. It doesn't bother me that he called out for his mom at all. They have a very close relationship.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

My mistake. No offense taken.

Thanks, i actually very much like threads and experiences like these, anything to keep me out of politics, i imagine you are on it, but if it repeats perhaps set up a camera,

• Like 1