Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Truthful Hyperbole

RavenHawk

I was going to address this in another thread but now, I guess this needs to be a new thread of its own.  Generally speaking, those that exhibit TDS, have posted various clips and memes derogatory toward the President.  Now, I agree with their right to express such views.  But it is also my right to correct them.  Yes, they are very funny in a sad way but shows a sickness.  That sickness is the act of blaming others for what they, themselves do.  I and others see that happen even on this forum.  It’s partially a technique to quell debate.  We do need to have the ability to counter the hatred, and this is one way.  We don’t have to attack the poster, we go after the clip or meme.

What I want to do here is expose each and every clip and meme as what they truly are, an expression of hatred.  Hatred must be confronted in the sun light.  I encourage posting other memes here and debunk them too.  Don’t let me have all the fun.  I don’t have the time.  I’d like to share the burden.  Any clip or meme that bugs you, please feel free to elaborate.

I will start off with this one:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.ZLobFNJ-bZp4wp6Lcz5lqQHaHW?w=193&h=191&c=7&o=5&dpr=2.61&pid=1.7

I was surprised to see factcheck actually support the President on this, but they lived up to their reputation in the second half of their presentation and turned it into an attack on the President.  None the less, the first part is very enlightening.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/posts-erroneously-quote-trumps-art-of-the-deal/

The actual quote is this:

“The Art of the Deal,” 1987: The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.

He clearly stated how he operates 30 years ago.  This is exactly the same thing that a coach does to motivate his team to win (or a businessman with his employees).  Trump is the coach to the entire nation.  Trump has a vision of a great future.  What’s wrong with that?  Those that support him are not fooled.  They know that what he says is “truthful hyperbole”.  We don’t need to be sold.  We share his vision and we are all onboard.  He inspires us to be better than what we think we are.  But those afflicted with TDS cannot see that vision and that scares them.  And that turns into hate.  Those with TDS will respond appropriately.

Intelligence needs to have discipline, vision, and creativity.  If it does not, then it is ignorant and apathetic.  Those that fit that description will only hate.  But it’s never too late to correct oneself.  Those that are ignorant and apathetic have been beat down and brainwashed by 8 years of negativity of the previous Administration.  When you berate people long enough, they begin to believe they are a failure.  Trump is the exact opposite of that.  He builds people up and drives them to succeed.  He will go after the hatred and those with TDS, but those with vision, he encourages.  It’s very much like the Parable of the Talents.  Those that have been beat down are like the servant that was given the one talent.  They believed in the “New Normal” and was afraid and buried the talent.  Trump is here to reverse that way of thinking.  We don't have to be ashamed of our prosperity or exceptionalism.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You're  having trouble distinguishing sarcasm, and disdain, from hate. 

• Like 5

People who keeps supporting and defending Trump reminds me of women who marry inmates, like serial killers.
They exhibit some strange kind of masochism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

On the contrary, RH is exceptionally aware of the difference.  An organized campaign that unfolds over 4 years, using electronic, print and broadcast media to carry ONE MESSAGE, remove Trump by any means, isn't about "sarcasm and disdain".  It and those who engage in it are mentally ill at some level.  Obsessing about ANYTHING for 4 years isn't the sign of good mental health.  If he wins in November, we'll see it turned up to the level of explosive hysteria.  Over a man who doesn't represent you politically and who you've never met nor will meet.  That is a pathology.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

He inspires us to be better than what we think we are. 

And this is what you come out as?

How depressingly predictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, and then said:

It and those who engage in it are mentally ill at some level.  Obsessing about ANYTHING for 4 years isn't the sign of good mental health.  

Whereas obsessively attacking everyone who disagrees with you because 'they're all out to get you' is the hallmark of a healthy mind...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, and then said:

On the contrary, RH is exceptionally aware of the difference.  An organized campaign that unfolds over 4 years, using electronic, print and broadcast media to carry ONE MESSAGE, remove Trump by any means, isn't about "sarcasm and disdain".  It and those who engage in it are mentally ill at some level.  Obsessing about ANYTHING for 4 years isn't the sign of good mental health.  If he wins in November, we'll see it turned up to the level of explosive hysteria.  Over a man who doesn't represent you politically and who you've never met nor will meet.  That is a pathology.  

The only thing being done is a concerted effort to remove the most corrupt, dishonest, divisive president in the history of the United States. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The quote is made up.

Proof?

19 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The quote is made up.

That's the case with most Memes, to one degree or another.  They are tools of the lazy and intellectually bankrupt.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, and then said:

That's the case with most Memes, to one degree or another.  They are tools of the lazy and intellectually bankrupt.  

Back at you.

Trump Is Lying More Than Ever: Just Look At The Data

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidmarkowitz/2020/05/05/trump-is-lying-more-than-ever-just-look-at-the-data/#453e921b1e17

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Depends on the meme and it's use. If you look at some of the 'psy-ops' 4chan has pulled off, you realize how indoctrinated some are. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The only thing being done is a concerted effort to remove the most corrupt, dishonest, divisive president in the history of the United States. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Is there a chart that compares these qualities among all 45 Presidents or are you just proving Ravenhawk's point?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Big Jim said:

Is there a chart that compares these qualities among all 45 Presidents or are you just proving Ravenhawk's point?

Are you always this disingenuous, or are you just trying to save Ravenhawk from embarassment? Do your own homework. Prove me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Are you always this disingenuous, or are you just trying to save Ravenhawk from embarassment? Do your own homework. Prove me wrong.

You're making the claim, you prove it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

No trouble at all.  It is loud and clear!  Sarcasm and disdain is what the Right did with Clinton and Obama.  Case-in-point, when Obama said he had visited all 57 states, he got harangued for it, but no one on the Right made it a federal case during his entire Presidency and questioned his intelligence.  How the Left treated Reagan, the Bushs, and Trump has been pure hatred, getting worse for each President.  I didn’t think that it could get any more worse than it was against Bush jr.  I was wrong.  When Trump is reelected, the hatred will go through the roof.  And you are proving my point.  All the replies here have proved my point.  I do hope that this thread can remain civil, but those with TDS will not be able to help themselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

You're making the claim, you prove it.  

I've proven it  hundreds of times in my posts. Stop being lazy and do some research. Are republicans allergic to research? Seems likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, and then said:

Well thats easily said. Now show me how you came to that conclusion? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Id say a bit of both. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

This is one of those moments where RavenHawk will find it very hard to live down. Imagine creating such a thread fighting the memes credited to him only to be knocked down within page 1. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

I've proven it  hundreds of times in my posts. Stop being lazy and do some research. Are republicans allergic to research? Seems likely.

If what you claim is true then you must have plenty of data at hand to back it up.  I don't need to do research to prove your point, you do.  If I claimed that a certain sports figure was the best ever in 3 separate categories there isn't a person on here who wouldn't expect me to provide proof.  Hundreds of reiterations of the same biased opinion does not constitute proof, so so far you've proven nothing.  You made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I’m far from embarrassed, so I would say that proved you wrong.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

are you just trying to save Ravenhawk from embarassment?

Why would I care if Ravenhawk was embarrassed?  You sure seem to assume a lot.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked