Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Stabbing in Reading

Setton

Forbury Gardens, Reading: 'Several dead' after park stabbing incident

At least two people have been treated in hospital after a stabbing incident at a park in Reading, Berkshire. 

Sources suggest that several people have died at Forbury Gardens but this has not been officially confirmed by police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-53123975

Update: According to the Telegraph, this is now being treated as terror related.

Edited by Setton
  • Sad 9

According to The Telegraph three persons has been stabbed to death :( and one person has been arrested... 

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

According to The Telegraph three persons has been stabbed to death :( and one person has been arrested... 

Thank you. This from the Telegraph:

Incident 'terror-related'

The Telegraph has learnt that the incident is being treated as terror-related.

• Sad 3

Not really in US news yet. All I can find. This article says a protest had taken place hours earlier but had cleared out by the time of the stabbings.

https://www.startribune.com/uk-police-respond-to-incident-amid-reports-of-stabbings/571391042/

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/uk-police-respond-incident-amid-reports-stabbings-71365018

Edited by susieice

RIP to the victims.  The Lion statue at Forbury Park commemorates the soldiers lost during the Afghan war (1878 - 1880).  Today is also the anniversary of the start of Queen Victoria's reign (20th June 1837).  Perhaps that is why the perpetrator chose that specific location today?  I hope the lockdown ease will not encourage more extremists to commit these acts because their state of mind during the lockdown must have tipped them over the edge of extreme - like setting off a powder keg all at once.  I hope that guy was not already known to the police and they failed to intervene sooner.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

RIP to the victims.  The Lion statue at Forbury Park commemorates the soldiers lost during the Afghan war (1878 - 1880).  Today is also the anniversary of the start of Queen Victoria's reign (20th June 1837).  Perhaps that is why the perpetrator chose that specific location today?  I hope the lockdown ease will not encourage more extremists to commit these acts because their state of mind during the lockdown must have tipped them over the edge of extreme - like setting off a powder keg all at once.  I hope that guy was not already known to the police and they failed to intervene sooner.

I doubt it has anything to do with those dates. The attacker is reportedly Libyan. Most likely our usual variety of terrorist, if it is terrorism, making the most of large groups to target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aaron2017 said:

I hope that guy was not already known to the police and they failed to intervene sooner.

It happens over here so often that the attackers are called "KNOWN WOLVES" Instead of Lone Wolves.  The guy shooting the video seems to understand the measure of that filth better than his government does...

• Like 2

RIP for the innocents who've been victimized by their own government as well as thugs who hate.

• Like 3

What a pile of ****.

• Like 3

ABC is saying the police are not looking at this as a terrorist attack. My sympathies to the victims and their loved ones.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/multiple-people-injured-incident-uk-park/story?id=71364601

CNN is reporting it as not being looked at as a terrorist attack also.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/uk/reading-uk-incident/index.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, susieice said:

ABC is saying the police are not looking at this as a terrorist attack. My sympathies to the victims and their loved ones.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/multiple-people-injured-incident-uk-park/story?id=71364601

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/uk/reading-uk-incident/index.html

Well, imagine that.  The guy who filmed the video understands and everyone who has seen it know the truth.  

• Like 3

Not much at all on US media TV network sites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reuters headline 10 minutes ago:

"English" knife attack

My god. Who's working there. Who is their editor?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, acidhead said:

My god. Who's working there. Who is their editor?

Some PC troglodyte.  This event happened in New Mexico, recently:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/06/16/856433/

The video clearly shows a man being beaten and when he retreats he is chased down by a group of "protesters" who start beating him again. He surprises the hell out of the scum by opening fire in self defense.  The cops charged him with aggravated assault.  FOR DEFENDING HIS LIFE.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes, no where has been really hit over the last few months due to coronavirus.

Our guards are down, be careful in major shopping centres and busy parks people.

• Like 2

I work with a guy who was born and raised in Reading, there was for some time a campaign to remove the lion memorial in the park as it was deemed "too patriotic" due to the fact Reading has now become a third world ******** and it angers the "new" locals. He regularly goes back to see his elderly parents and each time comes back with how its got that little bit more crime ridden and unwelcoming.

This nutter will surely have a back story of why he most definiately should not have been on the loose or that he is one of the tens of thousands of Britain's newest guests able to jump off the boat straight into what should be a peaceful society, although plenty of homegrown Islamic extremists being created daily.

Unfortunately i just don't even raise an eyebrow to this sort of stuff anymore, terrible i know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As others have mentioned, it's no longer being treated as terrorism but a murder investigation.

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

As others have mentioned, it's no longer being treated as terrorism but a murder investigation.

Not a surprise if that is the case, anything to minimise the negative impact of diversity.

MSM have been twisting themselves in knots over how they can spin this, probably praying it was a white supremacist.

George floyd footage shown around the clock but any footage of this is suppressed.

His backstory will come out of why he shouldn't be here or on the loose, meanwhile B(urn) L(oot) M(urder) waving banners in London welcoming "refugees"

Wonder if any of the victims had that same mindset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Setton said:

SOME might believe that.............. but most 'lone wolf' attacks COULD be put in that category..

terrorism has to be VERY VERY obvious or it will be swept under the carpet for political reasons...

(ie social engineering )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, susieice said:

THAT of course means that it was... ^_^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Some PC troglodyte.  This event happened in New Mexico, recently:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2020/06/16/856433/

The video clearly shows a man being beaten and when he retreats he is chased down by a group of "protesters" who start beating him again. He surprises the hell out of the scum by opening fire in self defense.  The cops charged him with aggravated assault.  FOR DEFENDING HIS LIFE.  

Charges were dropped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Aaron2017 said:

also - although they are trying to separate this murderous (terrorist?) attack from the BLM protest gathering.. even though it was just a short space of time after... some people are going to be adversely affected by the race baiting and division that those protests are encouraging...

this might have been a terrorist AND racist attack... encouraged by the sentiments of the BLM protest..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Charges were dropped.

I saw about that on another thread... I'm presuming that when the footage came out of him being attacked and one of the attackers brandishing a knife they knew they couldn't make a successful case of it and preferred to let it drop rather than give it publicity..? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bee said:

I saw about that on another thread... I'm presuming that when the footage came out of him being attacked and one of the attackers brandishing a knife they knew they couldn't make a successful case of it and preferred to let it drop rather than give it publicity..? 

They were screaming they were going to kill him and they'd already hit him with a skateboard. There was like 3 of them attacking him and one had a knife. They took the wrong person to jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1