Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Stabbing in Reading

Setton

47 minutes ago, bee said:

SOME might believe that.............. but most 'lone wolf' attacks COULD be put in that category..

terrorism has to be VERY VERY obvious or it will be swept under the carpet for political reasons...

56 minutes ago, Passing through said:

Not a surprise if that is the case, anything to minimise the negative impact of diversity.

Oh, you mean like the almost identical attacks on London Bridge and Westminster Bridge were swept under the carpet?

Wait, they weren't were they?

Might just be the police know more than you two. Shockingly.

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Oh, you mean like the almost identical attacks on London Bridge and Westminster Bridge were swept under the carpet?

like I said unless it's VERY VERY obvious and the ones you mention in London were too obvious to be swept under the carpet..

because of the involvement of the BLM protest - if only because it was the same day, same place - the police will be under more pressure to turn it into a basic murder inquirey ...

the insane way things are going they might be instructed to pop into the perpetrators cell and kneel down before him for a bit to calm him down... :rolleyes:.... /sarcasm

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Because the police are always trustworthy and never been involved in any form of cover up.

A large proportion of these sort of attacks are frequently deemed as "not terror related" "guy has a mental issue" when it is what it is, terror.

7 minutes ago, bee said:

like I said unless it's VERY VERY obvious and the ones you mention in London were too obvious to be swept under the carpet..

because of the involvement of the BLM protest - if only because it was the same day, same place - the police will be under more pressure to turn it into a basic murder inquirey ...

the insane way things are going they might be instructed to pop into the perpetrators cell and kneel down before him for a bit to calm him down... :rolleyes:.... /sarcasm

Because the oh-so-pc authorities would want to hide that black people are also targeted by terrorists..?

Just now, Passing through said:

Because the police are always trustworthy and never been involved in any form of cover up.

A large proportion of these sort of attacks are frequently deemed as "not terror related" "guy has a mental issue" when it is what it is, terror.

Hmm.

Yet every time it's a white guy, even if he posts an entire book online explaining why it was terrorism, the usual suspects on here claim it must just be mental illness...

Gosh, I wonder what the difference could be.

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Hmm.

Yet every time it's a white guy, even if he posts an entire book online explaining why it was terrorism, the usual suspects on here claim it must just be mental illness...

Gosh, I wonder what the difference could be.

well I've never done that so I don't like your insinuations - and I don't know who you're talking about - 

49 minutes ago, bee said:

Wonder whether the BBC will give this story the same coverage they gave some government minister driving his kids to Durham?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

37 minutes ago, bee said:

well I've never done that so I don't like your insinuations - and I don't know who you're talking about - 

Wasn't actually referring to you. Sorry if it triggered your paranoia.

But since you bring it up, here's an example of you not only refusing to call a right wing terrorist attack as such but claiming it was all a set up by the left wing.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, bee said:

poor Jo Cox MP even lost her life in that brutal murder

and I'm sorry to say that that was much much too strategically convenient for the Remain cause for my
liking...

2 minutes ago, Aaron2017 said:

Police are now treating the incident as a terror attack.  The penny finally dropped for them.

Skynews

https://news.sky.com/story/reading-stabbings-police-treating-forbury-gardens-attack-as-terror-incident-12011719

Hardly the penny dropping. See the OP.

Interesting that it's gone from terrorism to not terrorism and back again though.

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Hardly the penny dropping. See the OP.

Interesting that it's gone from terrorism to not terrorism and back again though.

Probably thought they would 'down play' it & then perhaps found something a bit more incriminating at his flat.

• Like 1

Anyone find it strange that his nationality (Libyan asylum seeker) was revealed so early?  Normally that kind of information is withheld and not disclosed in the initial police press conferences.  In fact I haven't seen any police Q&A conferences so far.  Their typical response is normally - "We are not at liberty to say as the investigation is still ongoing."  Perhaps the suspect was already being tracked and the police already had a full report on him before the attack happened.

1 minute ago, Aaron2017 said:

Anyone find it strange that his nationality (Libyan asylum seeker) was revealed so early?  Normally that kind of information is withheld and not disclosed in the initial police press conferences.  In fact I haven't seen any police Q&A conferences so far.  Their typical response is normally - "We are not at liberty to say as the investigation is still ongoing."  Perhaps the suspect was already being tracked and the police already had a full report on him before the attack happened.

Or perhaps there is a young police press office getting a b*****king as we speak. :D

27 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Probably thought they would 'down play' it & then perhaps found something a bit more incriminating at his flat.

Again, why would 'they' want to downplay anything?

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Do you ever watch the BBC?

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

Remember the Manchester arena explosion.  The media kept reporting a sound speaker or balloon had exploded inside the arena.  It wasn't until the public posted graphic photos online that the media could no longer deny and downplay what had happened.  Same with the 7/7 London bombings.  The media first reported explosions across London's underground, then they downplayed it to 'network incidents' and then an hour later they said it was 'power surges' that caused the explosions.  It wasn't until the bus exploded above ground and the first images appeared on TV that they realized they could no longer downplay the reality of what was happening.  Although I remember back in 9/11 the media were reporting every rumour and false report as another attack.  They probably were told never to report the news like that again and to downplay every report until it is no longer sustainable to keep it from the public.

• Like 1

Brother of attacker is claiming on Facebook that he was the one attacked and was defending himself. And also that England is a racist country.

It's a real profile.  Check for yourself.  Even lists Reading, England where he lives. 

IMG_20200621_192725.jpg

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bee said:

also - although they are trying to separate this murderous (terrorist?) attack from the BLM protest gathering.. even though it was just a short space of time after... some people are going to be adversely affected by the race baiting and division that those protests are encouraging...

this might have been a terrorist AND racist attack... encouraged by the sentiments of the BLM protest..

Intersectionality at its finest :(   

• Like 2

Many of the articles I have read about this say that the police are still looking for a motive. 

Hmm.. how about the ISIS "Rumiyah" online magazine ? 

“.......Stab them, shoot them, poison them, and run them down with your vehicles. Kill them wherever you find them until the hollowness of their arrogance is filled with terror and they find themselves on their knees with their backs broken under the weight of regret for having waged a war against the believers, and by Allah’s will, and then through your sacrifices, this Ummah will be victorious.”

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Many of the articles I have read about this say that the police are still looking for a motive. 

Hmm.. how about the ISIS "Rumiyah" online magazine ? 

“.......Stab them, shoot them, poison them, and run them down with your vehicles. Kill them wherever you find them until the hollowness of their arrogance is filled with terror and they find themselves on their knees with their backs broken under the weight of regret for having waged a war against the believers, and by Allah’s will, and then through your sacrifices, this Ummah will be victorious.”

And you believe he is linked to ISIS because...?

Not saying you're wrong but as far as I can see, you're making the assumption because his name 'sounds a bit Muslim'...

Edited by Setton

An American man is the second victim of the Reading stabbings to be named.

Joe Ritchie-Bennett had lived in the UK for 15 years, his father confirmed to US TV network CBS. Teacher James Furlong and one other person also died.

Meanwhile, police continue to question the suspect in Saturday's attack, Khairi Saadallah, who has been arrested under the Terrorism Act.

Sources told the BBC he is originally from Libya and came to the attention of MI5 in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53132493

Edited by itsnotoutthere

57 minutes ago, Setton said:

And you believe he is linked to ISIS because...?

Not saying you're wrong but as far as I can see, you're making the assumption because his name 'sounds a bit Muslim'...

Not an unreasonable assumption considering the M.O. oh....and he 'sounds a bit muslim'

Edited by itsnotoutthere

25 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Not an unreasonable assumption considering the M.O. oh....and he 'sounds a bit muslim'

And you think ISIS is the only Islamist extremist group out there?

For that matter, you think he is part of a larger group because...?

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

And you think ISIS is the only Islamist extremist group out there?

For that matter, you think he is part of a larger group because...?

The only people that know I suspect are the anti-terrorist police officers  -  "Saadallah came to the attention of the security services after they received information he had aspirations to travel abroad - potentially for terrorism-related reasons."

12 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The only people that know I suspect are the anti-terrorist police officers 

Exactly.