Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Stabbing in Reading


Setton
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Setton said:

And you believe he is linked to ISIS because...?

Not saying you're wrong but as far as I can see, you're making the assumption because his name 'sounds a bit Muslim'...

*edit*

Well, he is an asylum seeker from Libya, so he's unlikely to be a Methodist or a Quaker.  Both ISIS and Al Quada have issued appeals for Muslims in western countries to do exactly this sort of thing,  

How many white nationalists, or Irish Republicans,  in the UK do you see doing this sort of thing ? 

We shall see. No doubt it will be claimed that he is suffering from "mental problems" and quietly locked up :)

Curious that we don't have hundreds of Christians, Buddhists or Jews suffering from this mental compulsion to stab people ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alcohol is haram. 

Don't drink in public, or stabby stabby.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

*edit*

Well, he is an asylum seeker from Libya, so he's unlikely to be a Methodist or a Quaker.  Both ISIS and Al Quada have issued appeals for Muslims in western countries to do exactly this sort of thing,  

So straight away you recognise that, even if he is an Islamist extremist (which is likely), that doesn't mean he's affiliated with ISIS.

Although Al Qaeda is highly unlikely as they do not support this kind of attack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Setton said:

So straight away you recognise that, even if he is an Islamist extremist (which is likely), that doesn't mean he's affiliated with ISIS.

Although Al Qaeda is highly unlikely as they do not support this kind of attack.

Oh, I don't know...

In May 2016, Al-Qaeda's Inspire published an article entitled. “O Knife Revolution, Head Toward America.”[2] The magazine urged Muslims to kill “the intelligentsia, economic and influential personalities of America,” by low-tech methods including stabbing attacks on the grounds that such assaults are “easy options that do not require huge efforts or man power, but the result is parallel to the big operations or even more.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabbing_as_a_terrorist_tactic#Incitement_by_terrorist_groups

Mind you, it could all be academic. They are already trying to palm this off as arising from "mental disorder".

"... Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust declined to comment on reports that the suspect was being treated for mental health conditions...." (The Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/21/reading-stabbings-libyan-held-after-three-killed-in-park-attack

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh, I don't know...

In May 2016, Al-Qaeda's Inspire published an article entitled. “O Knife Revolution, Head Toward America.”[2] The magazine urged Muslims to kill “the intelligentsia, economic and influential personalities of America,” by low-tech methods including stabbing attacks on the grounds that such assaults are “easy options that do not require huge efforts or man power, but the result is parallel to the big operations or even more.”

Bold for emphasis. I.e. not indiscriminate slaughter.

Put it this way, the key literature that underpins Al Qaeda's strategy is called something like 'The life, teachings and philosophy of the great sheikh something-or-other'. ISIS key text is called 'The Management of Savagery'.

Kind of tells you what you need to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2020 at 3:48 AM, susieice said:

Charges were dropped.

Just the shooting charge was dropped- and possibly only temporarily: https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/attorney-files-motion-to-release-steven-baca/5765067/

"But, I want to make it absolutely clear: the reason he is not facing that charge right now is because the investigation is not complete," Torrez said.- from the article.

He is still facing three charges-  aggravated battery and two counts of battery against three women at the protest.   Start beating up on women and people will come after you with knives and skateboards whether you have a gun or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Passing through said:

So what level of intellect do we see in the idiots pulling down statues, burning and looting, killing business owners who employ people from the black community, urinating on the Cenotaph, burning the flag, those are the sort of people (along with terrorists) you should be worried about.

Why would I be worried about them? They aren't doing most of those things (at least not here) and as I'm not a pigeon, removing statues is no great threat to me.

Quote

I'd have more chance of opening up a lucrative business selling MAGA hats in CHAZ, CHOP, or whatever those clowns have decided to call it this week than ever finding sense in what drivel you constantly come out with.

Welcome to my ignore list.

So insulting right wing terrorists gets me on your ignore list?

How enlightening. And disturbing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Setton said:

So straight away you recognise that, even if he is an Islamist extremist (which is likely), that doesn't mean he's affiliated with ISIS.

Although Al Qaeda is highly unlikely as they do not support this kind of attack.

Given the BLM protest, my first thought was that this was right wing terrorism. Very glad to see it isn't. Means they're still stupid and scared.

 

by that logic it sounds like you think the terrorist murderer, originally from Libya, was clever and brave,,,...:wacko:

 

 

 

Edited by bee
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Setton said:

So straight away you recognise that, even if he is an Islamist extremist (which is likely), that doesn't mean he's affiliated with ISIS.

 

there's no official affiliation ... ISIS supporters have just been told to kill the 'enemy' or 'infidels' or whoever... whenever and where ever they can - 

I saw somewhere that he was known to MI5 because he wanted to go and fight in Syria... 

I think it's safe to say he wanted to go and fight for ISIS / Islamic State...  

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Setton said:

So straight away you recognise that, even if he is an Islamist extremist (which is likely), that doesn't mean he's affiliated with ISIS.

Although Al Qaeda is highly unlikely as they do not support this kind of attack.

Given the BLM protest, my first thought was that this was right wing terrorism. Very glad to see it isn't. Means they're still stupid and scared.

It very rarely is, nice try though. :-

 

 

There have been many motives behind terrorism in Great Britain.[1] During the 20th century, most attacks were carried out by various Irish Republican Army (IRA) groups and were linked to the Northern Ireland conflict (the Troubles). In the late 20th century there were also isolated attacks by Middle Eastern terrorist groups, though it was still the fact that the vast majority of the attacks were the work of the IRA and allied groups. During the 21st century, however, most terrorist incidents in Britain have been linked to Islamic fundamentalism.[2] An interpretation of this change is that terrorist incidents in Britain may be growing due to Britain's participation in the Iraq War and its role in the Syrian Civil War,[3][4][5] as part of a coalition with other Western countries.[6] Polling shows most Britons agree with the theory that their country's actions in Muslim lands provoke blowback in the form of terror attacks.[7]

Since 1970, there have been at least 3,395 terrorist-related deaths in the UK, the highest in western Europe.[8] The vast majority of the deaths were linked to the Northern Ireland conflict and happened in Northern Ireland.[8] Between 1971 and 2001, there were 430 terrorist-related deaths in Great Britain. Of these, 125 deaths were linked to the Northern Ireland conflict,[9] and 305 deaths were linked to other causes[10] – most of the latter deaths occurred in the Lockerbie bombing.[10] Since 2001, there have been almost 100 terrorist-related deaths in Great Britain, the vast majority linked to Islamic jihad and religious extremism

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It very rarely is


 

but they keep on hoping... 
 

I am reminded of what Podesta said in 2015 in an email that was leaked...

And it can be taken as an example of the 'Cultural Maxism' thing... that is being spread and promoted to undermine (with a view to destroying) western culture and sovereign nations...
 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wikileaks-podesta-lamented-that-a-muslim-not-a-white-man-named-as-killer-in-2015-massacre
 

Top Hillary Clinton aides were upset a Muslim man was publicly named as the shooter in a 2015 massacre that left 14 people dead, and a longtime Clinton confidant even expressed regret that the terrorist wasn’t a white man, according to purported emails released by WikiLeaks on Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The email chain began on Dec. 2, when digital operative Matt Ortega forwarded a tweet from MSNBC host Christopher Hayes that named one of the shooters in the San Bernardino, Calif., attack as Sayeed Farook. Consultant Karen Finney forwarded the email to Podesta, commenting, “Damn.”

Podesta responded: “Better if a guy named Sayeed Farouk [sic] was reporting that a guy named Christopher Hayes was the shooter.”

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, bee said:


 

but they keep on hoping... 
 

I am reminded of what Podesta said in 2015 in an email that was leaked...

And it can be taken as an example of the 'Cultural Maxism' thing... that is being spread and promoted to undermine (with a view to destroying) western culture and sovereign nations...
 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wikileaks-podesta-lamented-that-a-muslim-not-a-white-man-named-as-killer-in-2015-massacre
 

 

 

Yes indeed Bee, the mind boggles at what their ultimate aim is. Do they hate their own people that much!!!

As you have previously pointed out, it is cultural marxism on the march.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


They seem to....  (hate their own people that much)...

I wonder if psychologically on an animal level it's something (inter) tribal that's about raw power play.... and pecking order...

Like when you watch the birds in the garden the starlings will go for each other and the sparrows will go for each other (and other species will do the same)..... but they tolerate other groups more... like a starling will tolerate a sparrow more than another starling -  etc etc

mind you I have seen some dramatic aerial battles between crows and a buzzard... but crows are known to be highly intelligent and are shooing the bird of prey away out of their territory so their young are safe....

I'll shut up about birds now :D.... I know what I mean.... ^_^

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bee said:

by that logic it sounds like you think the terrorist murderer, originally from Libya, was clever and brave,,,...:wacko:

It takes some kind of courage to put your life on the line for any cause, however twisted. And there is no denying that terrorism is an efficient way to harm an enemy. 

Recognising those facts doesn't mean you support their cause.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bee said:

 

there's no official affiliation ... ISIS supporters have just been told to kill the 'enemy' or 'infidels' or whoever... whenever and where ever they can - 

I saw somewhere that he was known to MI5 because he wanted to go and fight in Syria... 

I think it's safe to say he wanted to go and fight for ISIS / Islamic State...  

 

Of course, there are dozens of Islamist extremist groups active in Syria...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It very rarely is, 

True but it's on the rise and these protests are the greatest threat they've faced in decades, hence my concern.

As I say, glad to see it isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

It takes some kind of courage to put your life on the line for any cause, however twisted. And there is no denying that terrorism is an efficient way to harm an enemy. 

Recognising those facts doesn't mean you support their cause.

 

no - but the things you are saying.. it looks like you would have more respect for someone who was right wing and committed an act of terror than one who didn't...

what the hell is all THAT about... :wacko:

edit.... I just want to add that the Reading terrorist / murderer didn't put his life on the line... he murdered and ran... as far as I've heard he didn't try to do the 'suicide by cop' thing...

he knows he won't be sentenced to death in a British Court or even exposed to hostile prisoners in jail... his was a brutal and cowardly act on unarmed, unsuspecting members of the public...

 

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bee said:

no - but the things you are saying.. it looks like you would have more respect for someone who was right wing and committed an act of terror than one who didn't...

what the hell is all THAT about... :wacko:

That's because you can't separate recognising someone's abilities from respecting how they use them.

Let's see if I can make it simple for you. Did you watch Game of Thrones?

Edited by Setton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

That's because you can't separate recognising someone's abilities from respecting how they use them.

 

nice bit of side stepping after what looked like an unguarded moment resulting in inadvertent revelation... ^_^

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So who is to blame for the terror in Reading? What ‘climate of hate’ provoked this mass stabbing? Which ‘culture’ caused Khairi Saadallah, a refugee from Libya, to pick up a knife and wield it against innocent people sitting in the sunshine in a park?

Whenever there is a far-right terrorist attack or act of racist violence, it is always followed by a hunt for ‘the cause’; for the book or the idea or the political climate that gave rise to these hateful monsters intent on slaughtering people for no other reason than the colour of their skin or their religious background.

Will we witness a similar moral investigation post-Reading? Will we see the opinion-forming set and political class dig down to discover the intellectual and prejudicial origins of what seems to have been an act of Islamist violence in which three people were massacred for the sin, it appears, of being British citizens?

Of course not. They never do this after an act of Islamist violence. They never apply their investigatory zeal to acts of barbarism carried out by radical Muslims. On the contrary, they urge us not to do that. Don’t ask awkward questions. Don’t wonder why a relatively significant number of young Muslims hate Britain so much that they will attack its people.

It is significant, surely, that the Reading attack occurred at the end of a week in which the cultural elite and chattering classes continually told us that Britain is a disgusting racist country and all white people are complicit in racism. There is a relationship, surely, between the anti-Western self-loathing that is now so fashionable among the intellectual elites and the rise of Islamist extremists in the UK and other European countries who view the West with hateful, violent contempt.

 

Full article:-  https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/22/terror-in-reading-look-back-in-anger/

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Setton said:

It takes some kind of courage to put your life on the line for any cause, however twisted. And there is no denying that terrorism is an efficient way to harm an enemy. 

Recognising those facts doesn't mean you support their cause.

Are you saying this man put his life on the line by stabbing innocent people having a picnic in the park?

How? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bee said:

 

nice bit of side stepping after what looked like an unguarded moment resulting in inadvertent revelation... ^_^

 

 

35 minutes ago, Setton said:

Let's see if I can make it simple for you. Did you watch Game of Thrones?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Are you saying this man put his life on the line by stabbing innocent people having a picnic in the park?

How? 

Have a look what happened to the last few terrorists who carried out this kind of attack on the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So who is to blame for the terror in Reading? What ‘climate of hate’ provoked this mass stabbing? Which ‘culture’ caused Khairi Saadallah, a refugee from Libya, to pick up a knife and wield it against innocent people sitting in the sunshine in a park?

Whenever there is a far-right terrorist attack or act of racist violence, it is always followed by a hunt for ‘the cause’; for the book or the idea or the political climate that gave rise to these hateful monsters intent on slaughtering people for no other reason than the colour of their skin or their religious background.

Will we witness a similar moral investigation post-Reading? Will we see the opinion-forming set and political class dig down to discover the intellectual and prejudicial origins of what seems to have been an act of Islamist violence in which three people were massacred for the sin, it appears, of being British citizens?

Of course not. They never do this after an act of Islamist violence. They never apply their investigatory zeal to acts of barbarism carried out by radical Muslims. On the contrary, they urge us not to do that. Don’t ask awkward questions. Don’t wonder why a relatively significant number of young Muslims hate Britain so much that they will attack its people.

It is significant, surely, that the Reading attack occurred at the end of a week in which the cultural elite and chattering classes continually told us that Britain is a disgusting racist country and all white people are complicit in racism. There is a relationship, surely, between the anti-Western self-loathing that is now so fashionable among the intellectual elites and the rise of Islamist extremists in the UK and other European countries who view the West with hateful, violent contempt.

 

Full article:-  https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/06/22/terror-in-reading-look-back-in-anger/

Except they do work to find out what motivates Islamist extremists. But because it's been around for a while, that can be as simple as finding a black flag and a copy of Dabiq.

Right wing terrorism is a new phenomenon people are still working to understand. We don't know what the common themes are yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

Have a look what happened to the last few terrorists who carried out this kind of attack on the UK.

I'd say picking on unarmed park goers makes you a coward and not a hero. But each to their own

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.