Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Loch Ness Monster photographs emerge

UM-Bot

It’s a nice photo.  If authentic, it represents a great piece of evidence documenting something factual behind the legend. Unfortunately, with questions of photoshopping in play....it will probably be disregarded.  It sure would be nice to know for certain if the photo is genuine or not.

• Like 2

Absolutely a fraud photo. 

It looks fake as hell.

Here's a link to all the suspicions brought up by someone much more well-versed in cameras and photography who has been in touch with the photographer :

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2020/06/is-this-new-photo-of-loch-ness-monster.html?m=1

Edited by onlookerofmayhem
Link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

yep, total fake, and not even a good one. 1 point for not faking it with a long neck, -50 for not faking it with a bigfoot riding it like a jetski.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even if it's not fake,the first thing i thought was sturgeon.

• Like 1

Disappointing. Well, how does it matchup for size and appearance with any known species in the loch? The article didn't appear to put much effort into that question. Is it necessarily something living even?

I have to be skeptical towards the 'faked' hypothesis. I mean if someone is going to make that effort to deceive they would have produced something more interesting I would think.

Papameter:

Cryptid 15%    Hoax 10%   Natural 75%

Edited by papageorge1

1 hour ago, diddyman68 said:

I thought a basking shark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I thought a basking shark.

Good call.

1 hour ago, diddyman68 said:

Here's a wider shot. That'd definitely be the catch of the day.

Steve+Challice+Sept+2019.jpg

If the guy did photoshop it, his saying he doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster and that there's probably a logical explanation like a normal fish or seal would be a pretty sociopathic lie. :s 

Edited by _Only

Lol they don't even try anymore because they know it'll still get attention, anyway. 

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Disappointing. Well, how does it matchup for size and appearance with any known species in the loch? The article didn't appear to put much effort into that question. Is it necessarily something living even?

I have to be skeptical towards the 'faked' hypothesis. I mean if someone is going to make that effort to deceive they would have produced something more interesting I would think.

Papameter:

Did you read this before running your meter? http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2020/06/is-this-new-photo-of-loch-ness-monster.html?m=1

10% feels extremely unfairly low, if so. Unless article writer is lying, the guy who took the photo  has been caught in at least one lie about original photo source file, meaning he is not sharing the actual original photo shot as he claims, but one that was run through photoshop, and then when asked about that, he says the original file was too big to email so he'll send it, and that one shows the same editing history as last picture file sent, photoshop and all, but with an added final step of it being changed to TIFF, which he claims was the original file from camera, a file type that the camera used doesn't even support (!!!), as well as being very misleading saying he wasn't that good at that CGI stuff, when in reality, it's how he makes his living. Combine that with his story that he doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster, yet the place he shared this was in a cryptid group, and his email is lochnesskelpie@gmail.com ?

Way too many oofs piling up here.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I Live not far from Loch Ness and official nessie groups from around the area love this kind of attention keeps tourists flocking in, and that's a fact. Anyone who has ever been to the Loch will tell you there is a mysterious vibe to the place, but this photo is the most unrealistic I have seen in a very long time, even laughable and if I am not mistaken this was NOT taken by the guy's camera but was taken from the official Loch webcam which this so called photo was taken is where the above water webcam is. Looks to me that its a still from the webcam that's had the Beasties body photoshopped into it. Anyone who lives or knows the Loch Area will tell you this is a still from the webcam, this is the exact area of the Loch where the webcam takes photo's / video on a regular basis. Also anyone who lives around or knows the Loch area will also tell you that the surrounding area where the water meets ground there are numerous underwater tunnels and if the creature does exist then it can hide away indefinitely and that is also the reason that the numerous expeditions have never found anything on sonar. I have seen some good and some bad photo's of Nessie but this is by far the worst I can say I have ever seen and not even very good photoshopping attempt the shading, blending colouration is way out that you can even see it without even having to make the picture bigger.

Does Nessie Exist... Maybe, maybe not but either way it brings in tourists spending money - I have seen many strange things around the Loch, such as Sturgeon, Seals, Eel among others. But never a Plyosaur or Whale or even Megalodon or Mosasaurus of any kind. And if that is a fish, I think we gonna need a bigger boat.

Official Webcam.... https://worldcams.tv/united-kingdom/inverness/loch-ness

Edited by Jake Storm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Jake Storm

Anyone who lives or knows the Loch Area will tell you this is a still from the webcam, this is the exact area of the Loch where the webcam takes photo's / video on a regular basis.

Kind of similar, but definitely not same shot/spot, as various points of contrasting landscape will show. And regardless if the guy took the photo with his camera or used one from the somewhat similar set camera at the Loch Ness, editing a beastie into it would be the same tomfoolery either way, no difference.

ness2.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _Only said:

Did you read this before running your meter? http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com/2020/06/is-this-new-photo-of-loch-ness-monster.html?m=1

10% feels extremely unfairly low, if so. Unless article writer is lying, the guy who took the photo  has been caught in at least one lie about original photo source file, meaning he is not sharing the actual original photo shot as he claims, but one that was run through photoshop, and then when asked about that, he says the original file was too big to email so he'll send it, and that one shows the same editing history as last picture file sent, photoshop and all, but with an added final step of it being changed to TIFF, which he claims was the original file from camera, a file type that the camera used doesn't even support (!!!), as well as being very misleading saying he wasn't that good at that CGI stuff, when in reality, it's how he makes his living. Combine that with his story that he doesn't believe in the Loch Ness monster, yet the place he shared this was in a cryptid group, and his email is lochnesskelpie@gmail.com ?

Way too many oofs piling up here.

Original Papameter Reading (OPR):

New Papameter Reading (NPR):

Cryptid 15%  Hoax 30%   Natural  55%

Setimeter:

Hoax (via digital manipulation) 98.9%   Unintentional misidentification 1%   Cryptid .1%

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Basking Sharks are native to UK waters peoples, its not just that it might be one it looks exactly like one from above.

As regards the Loch Ness monster then here in the UK our waters do have giant squid in them. They are rarely seen, rarely turn up dead on a beach, but they are there. The Kraken as they were referred to in Norway.

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Basking Sharks are native to UK waters peoples, its not just that it might be one it looks exactly like one from above.

As regards the Loch Ness monster then here in the UK our waters do have giant squid in them. They are rarely seen, rarely turn up dead on a beach, but they are there. The Kraken as they were referred to in Norway.

A basking shark in Loch Ness would be like finding a walrus living on Hampstead  ....

Basking sharks live in the sea and are not, excactly known for swimming for miles up shallow rivers for a holiday in a freshwater lake ;) .    However, it may be a basking shark photo-shopped onto Loch Ness.

• Like 3

Just now, Essan said:

A basking shark in Loch Ness would be like finding a walrus living on Hampstead  ....

Basking sharks live in the sea and are not, excactly known for swimming for miles up shallow rivers for a holiday in a freshwater lake ;) .    However, it may be a basking shark photo-shopped onto Loch Ness.

UK waters have a lot of basking sharks in them during summer: https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/heres-where-and-when-you-can-see-basking-sharks-scotland-1419641. We frequently get sea life that wrongly makes its way up a river, by the time summer is over there will have been a good 5 incidents. Loch Ness is connected to the ocean via Loch River and neither are shallow water. Loch Ness is very deep at about 450ft.

With those markings this looks like a Manatee, and we certainly don�t get those in Scottish waters. I just call hoax.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

UK waters have a lot of basking sharks in them during summer: https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/heres-where-and-when-you-can-see-basking-sharks-scotland-1419641. We frequently get sea life that wrongly makes its way up a river, by the time summer is over there will have been a good 5 incidents. Loch Ness is connected to the ocean via Loch River and neither are shallow water. Loch Ness is very deep at about 450ft.

We even used to hunt basking sharks off the Scottish coast.   Although they are mainly seen around the west coast.

But the point is basking sharks do not (and cannot) swim up any freshwater river ;)     Plus, the River Ness is only a few feet deep along much of it's length; it's too shallow for boats, for example.  Goof for salmon fishing though.

It's physically impossible for a basking shark to get into Loch Ness by itself.  And if it did, it would very quickly die. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, _Only said:

@Jake Storm

Kind of similar, but definitely not same shot/spot, as various points of contrasting landscape will show. And regardless if the guy took the photo with his camera or used one from the somewhat similar set camera at the Loch Ness, editing a beastie into it would be the same tomfoolery either way, no difference.

ness2.jpg

Yeah point taken parts of the Loch look so much alike, but either way not the old monster, shes probably on quarantine like the rest of us lol

• Haha 1