Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All-New Unsolved Mysteries Coming to Netflix

rashore

The iconic docuseries exploring cold cases, paranormal phenomena and more is being revived at Netflix with original creators Terry Dunn Meurer and John Cosgrove, plus the producers of Stranger Things.

PEOPLE can exclusively reveal the first trailer for the revival, which teases a slew of all-new mysteries and unexplained events from all over the world. Fusing signature elements from the original series with contemporary immersive, character-driven storytelling, the 12 new episodes are rooted in the experiences of ordinary people who have lived the unthinkable — from the trauma of a loved one's unexplained disappearance or horrific death, to the shock of a bizarre paranormal encounter. Alongside detectives and journalists, family members offer clues, present theories, and identify suspects, hoping one viewer holds the key to solving the mystery.

In a statement, Meurer and Cosgrove reflected on the "life-changing power" of the show, which evolved from three specials produced for NBC in 1985. Thus far, Unsolved Mysteries has helped solve over 260 cases, including a 30-year old case just this spring. "It's gratifying to know we’ve had an impact on people's lives," they said.

https://people.com/tv/unsolved-mysteries-netflix-revival-trailer-exclusive/

• Like 6

Cool cool cool

@rashore     Something I was never clear on. Is there a connection between this forum and any TV show or anything else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hoping for a new spontaneous combustion episode.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

@rashore     Something I was never clear on. Is there a connection between this forum and any TV show or anything else?

No, the forum isn't connected to the unsolved mysteries TV show or other TV shows. Or at least not that I'm aware of. Saru would be able to answer what inspired them to create UM years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rashore said:

No, the forum isn't connected to the unsolved mysteries TV show or other TV shows. Or at least not that I'm aware of. Saru would be able to answer what inspired them to create UM years ago. 

UM appeared in a movie I think. Not on purpose, was in someone's laptop or something. 

• Haha 2

Hmm... I dunno folks.. I really don't. 

Strange camera angles... tear-jerking emotional interviews... odd music..... hints and allegations....

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the producers are just going to use the above to wring blood out of a stone. 

• Like 2

Sounds cool. I'll at least check out the first episode in July sometime.

Very excited for this!

21 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm... I dunno folks.. I really don't. 

Strange camera angles... tear-jerking emotional interviews... odd music..... hints and allegations....

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the producers are just going to use the above to wring blood out of a stone. 

That’s part of the reason I’m going to at least watch the first episode/s: The ‘Stranger Things’ series has pretty good production value, well done CG and effects.

So I’m interested to see at least how that aspect translates from a purely fictional and well received TV series, to an ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ show which is trying to be serious.

Historically, IMO this genre has usually suffered from low production value. So it will at least be interesting to se how it feels, and what the first episodes content value is also.

@rashore, any chance of setting up an ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ exclusive sub-forum where we can create threads about individual episodes as they air/discuss events from episodes etc?

Edited by Timothy
Typo

Nah, no need for an exclusive sub-forum for the show. We can use this thread to discuss the series. 

I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries when Robert Stack was host, but lost interest when Dennis Farina took over. It just didn't have that eerie vibe that Stack gave us. Hopefully this new series gives us that old feeling again. 

Well I've already watched the first three episodes of it. No spoilers to any but looking forward to discuss them with all of you.

I've added it to my watch list, that's as far as I've got.

I've just finished watching all the episodes - very interesting, there's one UFO case and five that are essentially unsolved criminal cases.

On 6/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, psyche101 said:

UM appeared in a movie I think. Not on purpose, was in someone's laptop or something. 

I think it was Lindsey Lohan in the movie I Know Who Killed Me. She was looking up doppelgangers. That was a long time ago.

• Like 1

Hate those shows! Talk about bottom of the barrel entrtainment. Making something out of nothing, cringy as xxxx