Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Does Trump Want To Slow Down Testing

Dustyrose33

It's going to be bad when, probably not if, this thing combines with the Flu this Fall/Winter.  I guess Trump will still be trying to juggle the numbers.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I am curious, what exactly will it take for Trump supporters to admit "Well this was a bad idea, hindsight's 2020, but we really shouldn't of put this guy in the White House, better luck in November I suppose."? Because honestly when his response to a deadly contagion is 'how to keep it from making me look bad', I'm not sure how you can defend that. 

You can't defend that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dustyrose33 said:

This is what Trump says:

"Testing is a double-edged sword," said Trump, who added that the U.S. has conducted 25 million tests. "When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people, you're going to find more cases, so I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.'"

Why does he want testing to slow down?  The US has had 120,000 deaths and 2.5 million cases, more than any other country.   Does he want it to look like the virus here is slowing down, when in reality it is surging to infect and kill tens of thousands more than Trump wants the US to know about?  This virus is not the Cold, and it is more deadly than the Flu.   It's serious folks, no walk in the park.

If he didn't say that then he'd be an a$$ for continuing testing...

And once again another case of watching too much t.v. kids.

Just as a reminder commercials are only there to sell you something, looks like you're another one that might have fallen for the sale...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Maybe he believes if the testing is slowed down it will slow the rate of hospitalizations from coronavirus? So maybe he believes the virus will stop infecting so many people if the virus sees that we are not testing as many people. As if the virus will wait on us, right?

Seriously though - the repeated it's because we are doing more testing coming from Trump and his supporters has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen come out of their mouths yet. Like some people kept the virus in their system all this time from 3 - 4 months ago, like were just now getting to them for coronavirus testing. I mean WTF? So I guess outbreaks and the hospitals filling back up again with coronavirus cases doesn't count? It's just because we are doing more testing.

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

If he didn't say that then he'd be an a$$ for continuing testing...

And once again another case of watching too much t.v. kids.

Just as a reminder commercials are only there to sell you something, looks like you're another one that might have fallen for the sale...

Didn't see it on a tv commercial, saw it on internet news.   Trump's come under fire from others too for wanting to cut back on testing.   Why cut back, unless Trump's wanting to hide the fact he said deaths wouldn't get this far.   The numbers of deaths have far overshadowed Trump's statistic.  Besides, Trump's comment is all over tv news.

Only by continued and increased testing will it be known where the virus is going and how widespread it is.  How is that going to happen by sweeping it under the rug?   By more testing more vaccine can become available.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

To manipulate the numbers.

Kind of like the CDC has done with mortality totals?

https://www.businessinsider.com/deborah-birx-cdc-comments-coronavirus-task-force-meeting-2020-5?op=1

Estimates are that the totals we're seeing are inflated by 25%.  I guess only his enemies are allowed to play with the numbers for propaganda, eh?  Back in the Spring we were told how critical it was to "flatten" the curve.  Then the goal post moved to shutting down the economy until a cure was found.  This virus IS DEADLY for about 1-2% of those who contract it.  Without a vaccine it will CONTINUE forever being deadly to one extent or another based on its natural mutations.  JUST LIKE ANY OTHER VIRUS.  

That means people can cower at home or they can take basic precautions and live their lives.  It shouldn't be the government that dictates that to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read today that the EU is talking about banning US travelers because the US has failed to curb the virus.  I think Russia and Brazil may be included in that ban.

• Like 7

Travelers from Sweden have already been banned from several other Scandinavian countries. Sweden took a relatively lax policy on controlling the virus, while its neighbors had more conventional lockdowns. This caused Sweden to have double the rate of contagion, and several times the death rate of other Scandinavian countries, combined.  

Such international bans could very well be to applied to other countries that have taken inadequate anti-virus measures. This list unfortunately includes the United States. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, bison said:

Travelers from Sweden have already been banned from several other Scandinavian countries. Sweden took a relatively lax policy on controlling the virus, while its neighbors had more conventional lockdowns. This caused Sweden to have double the rate of contagion, and several times the death rate of other Scandinavian countries, combined.  

That is true. We have reopened the border to countries like Germany and Norway, but the border with Sweden remains closed. Sweden have had 5,161 deaths vs 603 here, thats five times higher per capita. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I have been seeing the signs, "My Body, My Car, I'll drive drunk if I want to, its my right."  That makes just about as much sense.

But it's not their right to crash into another driver or pedestrian and maim or take a life.

• Like 1

Brilliant idea very clever of him ;-) deny, deny the facts, deny the truth, deny everything. 

• Like 3

Oh for GOODNESS sake. Look at the clip IN CONTEXT. He was clearly joking. Sheesh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh for GOODNESS sake. Look at the clip IN CONTEXT. He was clearly joking. Sheesh. 

Trump himself seems to disagree with you: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/23/trump-joking-slowing-coronavirus-testing-335459

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

His brain does not work right.   ...and the more desperate he gets the less sence he makes.  He will be brought down by his own idiocy.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, lightly said:

His brain does not work right.   ...and the more desperate he gets the less sence he makes.  He will be brought down by his own idiocy.

unfortunately his supporters are even dumber.  when he was saying that nonsense, people in the background were shaking their heads yes.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1