Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Does Trump Want To Slow Down Testing

Dustyrose33

1 hour ago, Katniss said:

That's probably it. A lot of small business owners support Trump, so that is probably the target in the population.

Spartan, people like you and my dad having been saying that since the first stimulus package. But just recently a little over 1.5 million just filed for unemployment at the beginning of June.

https://www.dol.gov/ui/data.pdf

So why does it have to be  "Alot of people have not gone back to work because they are making more not working." as to the reason why they are not currently employed, when business has not picked up that much across the country, like it was back in January, because farmers having to kill off most of their livestock and lay workers off, meat packing plants keep having to shut down due to coronavirus infections, small businesses shutting down and laying people off due to coronavirus infections, hospitals furloughing their employees, transportation of goods is almost at a crawl, why? Why does it have to be all or most on the unemployed fault? I don't understand that logic when all of this other stuff is still happening impeding economic progress because of the shutdowns and coronavirus. It doesn't make sense to me.

You're generalizing my statement. Idk why you turned my statement into some black and white thing.

I never said all the unemployment is the fault of those on unemployment?

The economy is hurt so people are losing jobs.

But you can't deny that there are alot of people making more money on unemployment then working. So there are people who are not motivated to find work until that ends or not wanting to accept their employer when they are told their job is back. 

600 a week + regular unemployment benefit is as much as or more then many jobs. 

That's basic human nature. I don't blame anyone for wanting to not go back to working tables if they are making more not working.

Edited by spartan max2

13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh for GOODNESS sake. Look at the clip IN CONTEXT. He was clearly joking. Sheesh. 

Only in die hard Republican eyes. 

• Like 4

I've made a couple of these, and they are very easy to make, comfy and no sewing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Yes, only for essential travel.  And now, we are being subjected to 'people driving to Alaska' to get across the border and then stopping and holidaying in BC and Alberta.  We have been careful here and following guidelines.   The last thing we need are people ignoring our safety just to have a holiday.

A measly twelve hundred bucks Canadian for a fine if they're caught. :td:

• Like 3

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/06/19/it-really-does-feel-like-the-us-has-given-up-experts-in-other-nations-alarmed-by-us-coronavirus-numbers/

This country must get serious or we're done.  Other countries are concerned about the rising cases in the US, as theirs are going down.   The US now has the most cases on earth.

When this first broke out, many wore masks, but now many don't, and why is that?  Are people so concerned about what others think that they ignore safety?

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2020/06/19/it-really-does-feel-like-the-us-has-given-up-experts-in-other-nations-alarmed-by-us-coronavirus-numbers/

This country must get serious or we're done.  Other countries are concerned about the rising cases in the US, as theirs are going down.   The US now has the most cases on earth.

They look like they are on par to be 1/3 of world wide totals or higher by November. Just over 400,000 dead world wide including the US, compared to US's 120,000 dead. Not good, and *Trumps going to accelerate the rate of infections.

• Like 4

Well, for TV personalities like Donald Trump, any publicity is good publicity.

US now seems to have the most cases and the most deaths of any country in the world.  Our President deserves some recognition for making us number one. 

Maybe he is thinking it is  time to change the nicknames from the Wuhan virus and the kungflu to  Republicovid or Trumflu.

• Like 4

Trump is an idiot. He's been a loser since he earned $1 in his USFL court case against the NFL. He was a loser before that.

Now this clown of stupidity wants to prevent testing because it shows what  a loser he is. Everyone who is not brain dead should know he  is a loser. I don't need testing to know he is one of the stupidest people on the face of the Earth. I want to know how to stop this pandemic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

US now seems to have the most cases and the most deaths of any country in the world.  Our President deserves some recognition for making us number one. 

Maybe he is thinking it is  time to change the nicknames from the Wuhan virus and the kungflu to  Republicovid or Trumflu.

Covid 45? Moronovirus?

download.jpeg

3r74q3.jpg

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 5

Trump can be understood:

A coronavirus resurgence is wiping out two months of progress in the U.S. and sending infections to dire new levels across the South and West, with hospital administrators and health experts warning Wednesday that politicians and a tired-of-being-cooped-up public are letting a disaster unfold.

The U.S. recorded a one-day total of 34,700 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, the highest level since late April, when the number peaked at 36,400, according to a count kept by Johns Hopkins University.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-records-most-daily-coronavirus-cases-since-april-we-are-in-deep-trouble-2020-06-24?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You can't judge a whole country based on one story of stupid criminals.  If your daughter is in Texas I can't imagine her being in danger of being shot in a grocery store for any reason, even if it were being robbed.

Maybe not, but she has had a negative reaction to wearing a mask in public, and the States is in a pretty volatile situation right now.  I have to rely on the media but a video of people arguing that mandatory mask wearing is an affront to their civil liberties beggars belief.  In too many places it is all about me, me, me, and to hell with everyone else.  All IMO, obviously.

We will have to agree to disagree on this subject - there is enough negativity in this world as it is.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

With his fallible logic, no tests means no cases.

What measures would you take in place of the president to reduce the number of people getting infected?

14 hours ago, lightly said:

:lol:   It is almost unbelievable that he could be that idiotic...but,   Keep watching and listening to him, and you'll be convinced before long.

Well, I watched the section of his speech where he talked about this, and I was left with the opinion that he was taking the p*** our of the media going on about the rise in detected infections. If he WASN'T taking the p***, then he's mad. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Umm.. I don't believe that is true @Tatetopa ? 

The most recent figures I could find suggest that - per capita - the USA is WELL down the list ! And we don't have accurate figures for China... not even close. 

30 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If he WASN'T taking the p***, then he's mad.

Then he is mad, because he flat out told reporters that he "doesn't kid", AFTER his press secretary did her usual shuck and jive by stating the same thing you just said: That he was trolling the media.

And even if we give him the benefit of the doubt, is it appropriate to joke about such a deadly issue?

It would akin to Boris Johnson making a ridiculous comment about the recent attack in England, then trying to pass it off as a joke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coil said:

What measures would you take in place of the president to reduce the number of people getting infected?

MORE TESTS in tandem with CONTACT TRACING.

It's that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Coil said:

If I were president I would put on a fricken mask to set an example, and tell the people that if we all work together ,taking the needed measures to protect each other, we could bring the numbers of infections wayyyyyy down in a matter of weeks...and save thousands , and thousands, and thousands,of lives.    

I think if he did act rationally about it...he would probably have been re-elected...and all the trump bobble heads would be wearing masks.

Rather than to keep saying..."it's over"   "We've won"    ""It's almost gone"   And on and on since the beginning !!!!

Edited by lightly
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Let's see...

1 - Listen to the Medical professionals

2 - more testing

3 - contact tracing

4- mandatory social distancing and mask wear 

5 - an earlier implementation of the 'shelter in place' order

6- not rushing to re-open until the above is enforced

7 - quicker response by both Federal and State governments

What I WOULDN'T do is...

1 - Ignore the situation

2 - Drag my feet on responding because taking action would "make us look bad"

3 - Disregard Medical expertise

4 - Ship vital medical supplies to other countries, and then claim "we don't have any for our people"

5 - Spend time laying blame instead of dealing with the crisis

6 - Set a bad example by NOT following social distancing and preventative action recommendations (i.e. wearing a mask in public)

7 - Claiming the crisis has passed, when it clearly hasn't

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

MORE TESTS in tandem with CONTACT TRACING.

It's that simple.

Tests are not preventive measures, they show the number of infected and do not reduce the possibility of getting infected. Quantity - not quality.

11 minutes ago, lightly said:

If I were president I would put on a fricken mask to set an example, and tell the people that if we all work together ,taking the needed measures to protect each other we could bring the numbers of infections wayyyyyy down in a matter of weeks...and save thousands , and thousands, and thousands,of lives.   

Eta: thousands and thousands.

I agree with you but we need masks for everyone and whoever doesn’t wear it, it’s fine otherwise the virus cannot be stopped.
We also relaxed and the number of infected people is growing. They even come up to me and say take off the mask and one even said that the mask leads to cancer due to the greater inhalation of CO2.

8 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Let's see...

1 - Listen to the Medical professionals 2 - more testing 3 - contact tracing 4- mandatory social distancing and mask wear 5 - an earlier implementation of the 'shelter in place' order 6- not rushing to re-open until the above is enforced 7 - quicker response by both Federal and State governments

Good measures.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Coil said:

Tests are not preventative measures, they show the number of infected and do not reduce the possibility of getting infected. Quantity - not quality.

Tests are indeed preventative measures. Testing leads to the identification of cases, medical treatment, and immediate isolation to prevent spread. Furthermore, without testing, other preventative measures, such as contact investigations, cannot be performed. So the importance of testing should in no way be diminished. It's critical.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor correction.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, testing is going on uninterrupted.