Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did my dead best friend talk to me?

UM-Bot

By: KmT29 | Location: England

Hi guys... I'm kinda new to this website so please bare with me... I needed to put this out there, for my own sanity if nothing else. I think this is an appropriate place - because it's to do with my best friend who died last Summer.

More:  https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112397/did-my-dead-best-friend-talk-to-me

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. Thinking of my best friend who is also named Matt, I cant imagine what you are going through. That's all I got. I have no idea if that's possible. Personally I find it unlikely. Grief can mess with your mind pretty good. If it makes you feel better to believe it, I don't see the harm. Heck maybe it really happened anyway. I do have faith that you will see your friend again though. 

• Like 2

@KmT29

From your full story I would suspect this was quite likely a real visitation. I have had a couple of such visitations I feel with deceased people I was close to. I think they can visit through the astral/etheric plane with some effort on their part.

• Confused 1

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-dangers-involved-in-Automatic-Writing

It's very possible your friend contacted you through Automatic Writing, but when you do that writing you are on a spiritual level and be sure you know what you are doing.   What's concerning is you said things got freezing-cold, so I wonder if it was your friend.   Just be careful. 

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

I have had 2 good friends die, one "erik" a lorry backed into him, that was way back early 90s, then several years back "john" he was a heavy smoker and alcoholic, he had an epic brain bleeder at the dive bar he loved, never woke died weeks later in hospice,

Very different personalities and didnt much like each other but both were my friends, erik time and again jokingly said if he died he would haunt everyone,

John asked me what i thought, i said well, you are born you live you die, and if a person could come back or communicate they would, not just my buddies but my grandmother, mother, father,  Houdini etc.

Im not saying when we die there is nothing, but i am saying we have zero to suggest anyone has ever contacted the living from some alleged "other side" billions of people have passed and if possible it would have happened a lot and not be of question , , some ghosty would smite me right now for thinking as it do.

We all loose someone we care about and love and we all deal with it in our own ways, not a day goes by that i dont recall lost friends and family, but they have yet to come to me as autonomous entities. :(

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 4:25 AM, UM-Bot said:

because it's to do with my best friend who died last Summer.

4 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-dangers-involved-in-Automatic-Writing

It's very possible your friend contacted you through Automatic Writing, but when you do that writing you are on a spiritual level and be sure you know what you are doing.   What's concerning is you said things got freezing-cold, so I wonder if it was your friend.   Just be careful. 

I think you are spot on with this Dusty,I've had this happen when my brother died and wrote things down in a poem that only he knew about,it was a very spiritual experience.The freezing cold thing as you said may have a negative entity behind it.I think only the viewer could tell and wouldn't have any doubt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm not questioning your sincerity, I'd venture to guess it was you who was guiding the pen. You don't need to have contact with a passed friend to experience them. The joy of memories and photos, advice he has given you, etc..There will come a time when this will be what you cherish and you will do more smiling than frowning.

When people are grieving, or desperately missing a passed person, they are pretty susceptible to all sorts of influences. In fact, this is how "psychics" and "mediums" operate. They take advantage of people who are in a weak moment/time and manipulate them. Most often getting paid to do it. These celebrity psychics we often see on TV and other media are very transparent if you know their tactics and SOP's. The internet makes it even easier for them to research people before they see them. You'd think people would realize this, but they so desperately want to connect with the one who's gone, they dismiss rational thinking.

Didn't mean to go off in a different direction, but I wanted to give a clear example of how susceptible we can be in times of great sadness.

I wish you all the best. God Bless!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

You are not alone my friend I had 2 friends talk to me after they died. Didn't know they had passed over until later. My Mom said "I've been sick"  (couldn't see her but heard her next to my bed)  the following morning after she passed. In the cases of my friends I seen them vaguely and both had a white face looking over their right shoulder mouths moved but no sound.

Edited by cerberusxp
add more
  • Like 2

Bottom line is its real to believers that its real and its real in their minds but like everything paranormal its never been proven and raises the question in my mind then why doesnt ever deceased person we miss come back and say hye, "it doesnt work that way" is a lame played out excuse.

And i dont mean just to cynical skeptics like myself, i knew a person who really deeply belived yet her person never said hye she would go see those who claimed to have gifts or that could channel and they all failed her tests because while a believer she wasnt naive or gullible,

I see a lot of grieving people really do get a lot of healing from believing the departed come back and say "yo" to them so if it doesnt hurt them or mess up their lives embrace it.

• Like 1