Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious fingerprints

UM-Bot

By: ACK3loves | Location: PA

My children and I have all witnessed fingerprints on our mirrors after they have been cleaned and after showering and on my son's door. We had our home built in 2014 and my youngest daughter saw a spirit of a little girl in her room. She slept with me for the longest time.

More:  https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112398/mysterious-fingerprints

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to be a supernatural buzz killer but when a household has kids, pets and/or humans living there you will get things like finger prints. :sleepy:

If the prints are more than smudges i would certainly break out my barney fife jr detective fingerprint kit and see which person leaves them and hand them a paper towel and windex,

Kids ( and many adults ) see things that arent really their that they are sure are real, its called "imagination/delusion" even hallucinations.

Many strange things happened in the house that were not explainable and my dad was a skeptic but he began to question what was happening. My husband is a huge skeptic and refuses to believe the prints are paranormal or from a spirit so my children and I keep the discussions and concerns/fears to ourselves.

"Strange" and "unexplainable" are just opinion and speculative, how much research was done to learn of the actual explanation or was this another case of "i dont know, so must be paranormal" ?

Its a shame, really sad about being with someone who you cant go to and discuss your fears with with,  the father needs to work on his relationship with his kids and wife the door swings both ways and they need to respect just because they jump to paranormal doesnt mean dad has to except the unproven.

• Like 3

You've got some strange things going on there and interesting story.   Have you researched about the ground the house was built on?  That might explain the sightings of the little girl ghost.  

• Thanks 1

No normal human could make a fingerprint...

And if only the traces were in some way uniquely identifiable...

Oh, wait.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

@ACK3loves      Thank you for sharing your experiences. Although I have no specific advice that I can give you from afar, your story helps me in forming a clearer picture of what may be 'out there' in reality and its prevalence. So again, just thanks for sharing. Your experiences seem so similar to hundreds of other cases I've heard in my decades of interest in Unexplained Mysteries. 

I guess all I can say is to focus on your and your families mental peace and happiness and not let this bother you too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it would see that this woman has probably worked her kids into this state of mind. Probably watching too many ghost shows on TV and youtube. No other explanation seems to be considered and the husband thinks it's nonsense. If there were ghosts or shadow people, or whatever running around, wouldn't the husband have experienced this paranormal activity? Maybe they're afraid of him, so they don't come around when he's in the room.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill here, but the way the story plays out, this woman seems to desperately want this to all be paranormal and so it is. Kids are easily manipulated and tend to go along with mom if she's into something they think is cool and scary. I'm not saying she's purposely leading the kids into this state of mind, but it's still not very responsible parenting.

I suggest entertaining more mundane explanations first. Occam's Razor is a thing for good reason.

I throughly enjoy people who post replies how they don’t want to be “buzz kills” yet do the exact opposite in their comments. Always bothers me when someone says they don’t want to do or be something and then do it anyways, it’s contradicting.  As to the OP, your experience is your own and should be looked into more by people who have established training in detecting paranormal presences. Frankly, there are so many things we cannot see with our limited perceptions, visually or otherwise. Believe what you will and I hope for you and your families safety.  As for the buzz killers, why are you on a site that posts the unusual or unbelievable events, just to call fakery on them?  Go to Fox News, comment on those “true” stories. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2