Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid 'Progress'?

ChrLzs

Just as an addition, there is a large pharmaceutical company that will benefit greatly if hydroxywhatever is released/promoted for this sort of use.  Probably worth checking that doctor's shareholdings and investments....................

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

More Phillies staff has tested positive for Covid-19 and all activities at Citizen's Bank Park are cancelled until further notice. The Toronto Blue Jays are supposed to play there this weekend since the game was switched because their temporary home park in Buffalo isn't ready yet. 

https://6abc.com/sports/2-more-phillies-staffers-test-positive-for-covid-19/6342857/?fbclid=IwAR1p4vLkKvaNiF0ndls38HMU3gnXflW3DQFU6adk1X5B32QNnBvGwEr_42Y

A few notes from a perusal of the Johns Hopkins website tracking...

* - If last four day trends stay consistent for the rest of August, both India (expected based on population) and Brazil (not expected based on population) will pass US in cases and deaths. This may not come to fruition, but if it does, one wonders what the "news" will look like if/when the US isn't glaringly the leader in both.

* - Countries dealing with the most significant spikes in cases last four days, with the US and an honorable mention for context...

Philippines - 25.98%

Columbia - 18.76%

India - 17.30%

Japan - 17.00%

Argentina - 15.50%

US - 5.18%

The brilliantly led Australia - 14.89%

* - Countries with higher dead per population since start of pandemic than the US = 7 (Belgium, UK, Peru, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Chile)

* - World average of death per positive case currently = 3.79%

* - US average currently = 3.30%

2 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

* - If last four day trends stay consistent for the rest of August, both India (expected based on population) and Brazil (not expected based on population) will pass US in cases and deaths. This may not come to fruition, but if it does, one wonders what the "news" will look like if/when the US isn't glaringly the leader in both.

* - Countries dealing with the most significant spikes in cases last four days, with the US and an honorable mention for context...

Philippines - 25.98%

Columbia - 18.76%

India - 17.30%

Japan - 17.00%

Argentina - 15.50%

US - 5.18%

* - Countries with higher dead per population since start of pandemic than the US = 7 (Belgium, UK, Peru, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Chile)

Can you please provide a link for the source of these figures.

And what are the percentages of?

• Like 1

Well, I've seen the death figures before. As I recall, they where from the WHO ? 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, I've seen the death figures before. As I recall, they where from the WHO ? 

They change everyday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Incentive to label deaths as Covid...go figure. Fraud not a problem if it keep the hysteria going until November. 

https://luetkemeyer.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=400405

So, your (as usual) brilliantly thought out point is (using a Republican congressman's website) that ...... not just the CDC, and Universities and the huge numbers of statistical gathering agencies from both side of the poilitical spectrum and across the entire globe - they are ALL being suckered by a huge conspiracy involving doctors, hospitals. morgues etc, that involves the skewing of Covid numbers ONLY for the US, and strictly to hurt Trump's electoral chances.

Have I got that right?   Yep, sounds legit.  Here's something to tide you over while this unfolds:

Pacifier-1.jpg.92c90ca75c29cca806b75f6e2cb51007.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

Incentive to label deaths as Covid...go figure. Fraud not a problem if it keep the hysteria going until November. 

https://luetkemeyer.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=400405

I listen to a talk radio station out of akron...a Dem area....it's very interesting now as it was for the last pres election. Anyway, I've heard a lot about people dying of other things ...getting hit by a bus for example, and being listed as a covid death...a friend of mine in healthcare, knew the man. Another story was told by a caller...he stated he lives in Amish country and has for over 30 years, uses their banks and knows his neighbors very well. One of them told him they had 3 deaths recently in their community, one was a brain tumor, one was Parkinson's and the third was dementia. Each was listed as a covid death on their certificates.  They were very upset. One patients family member went down to the hospital yo get the cause of death formally changed and he was told... "If you keep your mouth shut, you won't get a bill." 

The numbers are skewed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

My son...degree in bio-chemistry explained this to me.... when they use so many "cycles"...which is times they replicate the cells..there is a much higher chance of finding something. You are looking further and further into smaller and smaller amounts that what you find can be so small as to be negligible. And it can be so small that you can't ever be sure its co-vid 19 or any of the multitude of other corona virues including the common cold.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:19 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

Philippines - 25.98%

Columbia - 18.76%

India - 17.30%

Japan - 17.00%

Argentina - 15.50%

US - 5.18%

And increased percentage of previous cases, in our case that increase was a couple of hundred cases (all imported from overseas sand spread either by idiots or by health care workers). Whereas in a country with tens of thousands of cases a 5% increase is still in the thousands. 

Just curious, Jerry, how long did it take you to find a couple of data points that made you feel better?

Just curious, Jerry, on what the overall PER CAPITA figures look like for all/any of the countries you mentioned...

Just curious, Jerry, on what the highest daily increases look like, spread over the entire Covid period?  (Not that the US had any bad days, of course...)

Just curious, Jerry, on how PROUD you must be to actually have 2 countries now surpassing the US in deaths..  Well done, little fella!

Yep, this technique to cherry pick ONLY the (very few) metrics that can be spun to look slightly better than effing awful, is just GREAT, ain't it?!?  And nobody is noticing - don't worry, I won't point it out..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40,000 new cases of COVID-19 today in the USA, lower than 70,000 around Independence Day (July 4th), the problem is we're entering the northern hemisphere fall and winter in the USA, expect COVID-19 to increase and spread out even more, and the predicted "twin-demic" when it collides with high seasonal influenza, I hope wearing masks with social distancing and hand washing can reduce the rate of influenza along with the coronavirus. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, skliss said:

I listen to a talk radio station out of akron...a Dem area....it's very interesting now as it was for the last pres election. Anyway, I've heard a lot about people dying of other things ...getting hit by a bus for example, and being listed as a covid death...a friend of mine in healthcare, knew the man. Another story was told by a caller...he stated he lives in Amish country and has for over 30 years, uses their banks and knows his neighbors very well. One of them told him they had 3 deaths recently in their community, one was a brain tumor, one was Parkinson's and the third was dementia. Each was listed as a covid death on their certificates.  They were very upset. One patients family member went down to the hospital yo get the cause of death formally changed and he was told... "If you keep your mouth shut, you won't get a bill." 

The numbers are skewed.

Wow, second and third hand stories on a radio station!!!!  Cool stories, bro.

But I call bull****..  Why don't these storytelling manure spreaders come to this forum and name some names?  You only need one decent doctor to uncover this sort of thing and all hell would break loose, but instead of that, we just get gullibles spreading wild, made up stories like this.

Not everyone is like you, Skliss, and will say (or spread) anything to get the desired result...

• Like 2

I gave up on worring about those who think covid is a hoax, isnt as bad as we hear, isnt really killing as many as it is etc, they remind me of rush saying smoking for decades didnt give him lung cancer, its the same type flawed logic.

I take precautions to protect myself and others and why not? I like to be hygenic i wash a lot anyway and wash my hands a lot, yeah, with soap.

I wear masks around others, to protect myself and in respect of others who do so also, it really doesnt put me out.

My wife popped in a store yesterday big sign on door "masks required" everyone was wearing one, some even had gloves, all average looking folks aged about 40 to perhaps 80s, mixes races,

Then a fellow pulls up, about 28 to 35, not the most groomed guy, hops out of his truck, no mask, marches in like he owns the world, when he was leaving i saw a lady reprimand him for no mask, he cussed her scoffing and flicked her the finger, he sure looked classy.

When he backs out on his trucks rear window a calvin cartoon whizzing on obama, yeah, very old decal, next to a peeling trump 2016 decal,

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I gave up on worring about those who think covid is a hoax, isnt as bad as we hear, isnt really killing as many as it is etc, they remind me of rush saying smoking for decades didnt give him lung cancer, its the same type flawed logic.

I take precautions to protect myself and others and why not? I like to be hygenic i wash a lot anyway and wash my hands a lot, yeah, with soap.

I wear masks around others, to protect myself and in respect of others who do so also, it really doesnt put me out.

My wife popped in a store yesterday big sign on door "masks required" everyone was wearing one, some even had gloves, all average looking folks aged about 40 to perhaps 80s, mixes races,

Then a fellow pulls up, about 28 to 35, not the most groomed guy, hops out of his truck, no mask, marches in like he owns the world, when he was leaving i saw a lady reprimand him for no mask, he cussed her scoffing and flicked her the finger, he sure looked classy.

When he backs out on his trucks rear window a calvin cartoon whizzing on obama, yeah, very old decal, next to a peeling trump 2016 decal,

I feel the same way you do.  I came from a family where everyone over washes their hands anyway.  Both my grandma's lost people to bad bacterial and viral diseases so they over used clorox and insisted we wash our hands often.  I hope that young man's granny survives this virus in spite of him.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 4

I have always seen a group who just dont care or think they are above it,

A long time buddy drank and smoked himself to death died on a pool table at his favorite dive bar, people would say to me, yeah, thats how he would have wanted to go,

Um, no it wasn't.

John didnt think alcohol abuse or chain smoking was bad for him,

The young man who didnt wear his mask likely goes at life as john did.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 1:51 PM, skliss said:

The numbers are skewed.

There is clearly some manipulation of the diagnoses, both for financial and political reasons. I myself have become somewhat apolitical and agnostic on the virus. My son, who is somewhat compromised from a HS injury got it a couple weeks ago. Real deal for folks who don't have A+ respiratory health.That said, the stats don't make sense and haven't since day one. The "testing" rhetoric was valid in June...now, not so much.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, skliss said:

My son...degree in bio-chemistry explained this to me.... when they use so many "cycles"...which is times they replicate the cells..there is a much higher chance of finding something. You are looking further and further into smaller and smaller amounts that what you find can be so small as to be negligible. And it can be so small that you can't ever be sure its co-vid 19 or any of the multitude of other corona virues including the common cold.

No question, this really rocks the world of a lot of people who claim to be experts. They had to know this phenomenon existed six months ago, why are we just hearing about it now?

22 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And increased percentage of previous cases, in our case that increase was a couple of hundred cases (all imported from overseas sand spread either by idiots or by health care workers). Whereas in a country with tens of thousands of cases a 5% increase is still in the thousands. 

Idiots or healthcare workers...in many cases here locally, they are one in the same! Walk into any healthcare office and you are likely the only one wearing a mask. <smh>

It is true, the US just fell below 0.5% case increase today and it still represented 28,477 new cases. With that said, given the 90% issue mentioned by experts in the NYT article,  it's hard to put a lot of stock in the reported data. What I can't wait for is my 2021 premiums in my company insurance enrollment period. Can you say extra mortgage payment?

22 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

40,000 new cases of COVID-19 today in the USA, lower than 70,000 around Independence Day (July 4th), the problem is we're entering the northern hemisphere fall and winter in the USA, expect COVID-19 to increase and spread out even more, and the predicted "twin-demic" when it collides with high seasonal influenza, I hope wearing masks with social distancing and hand washing can reduce the rate of influenza along with the coronavirus. 

Will certainly be interesting to see how the flu data compares to past years. Experts I have read have commented about how flu seemed to experience an abrupt full stop this year for the first time in history.

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

I have always seen a group who just dont care or think they are above it,

A long time buddy drank and smoked himself to death died on a pool table at his favorite dive bar, people would say to me, yeah, thats how he would have wanted to go,

Um, no it wasn't.

John didnt think alcohol abuse or chain smoking was bad for him,

The young man who didnt wear his mask likely goes at life as john did.

John's decisions affected John. If the young man gets the virus from not wearing a mask, that's similar - poor decision results in poor outcome. If the young man has the virus and doesn't mask, that may be an issue. However, if you or I are practicing all the proper protocols, shouldn't matter what the young man does, we should be safe with our washing, masking and distancing, right?

• Confused 1