Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid 'Progress'?

ChrLzs

3 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Nope...I have traveled the world studying the topic and I am the ultimate authority on the issue. Is that sufficient on this thread like it is on the fostering thread? Why bother with providing data sources when I can just make up a farcical story about myself and play that as my validation? 

It was a polite and reasonable request; and, very much in the spirit and ettiquette of these fora.

It's easier to cut and paste the address of your data source than it is to make up a farcical story.

And for what it's worth I don't entirely agree, with @ChrLzs, that Morrison was any swifter than Trump.  I would guess that there is disparity in trust of the government.  In Australia, particularly in Brisbane, businesses were effectively not trading before regulations were in place.

I was listening to an update on the Tokyo elections today.  The narrator said Japanese way of life is compatible with measures to mitigate spread. One reason was that they are free of the ego of liberty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Nope...I have traveled the world studying the topic and I am the ultimate authority on the issue. Is that sufficient on this thread like it is on the fostering thread? Why bother with providing data sources when I can just make up a farcical story about myself and play that as my validation? 

You could always do what I do, and post “witty” memes.

7ED78E3C-B6B6-4037-B5B1-4C112EB4B0D8.jpeg.7556ac45392d92f4ef8ebc13f7e50026.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It was a polite and reasonable request; and, very much in the spirit and ettiquette of these fora.

It's easier to cut and paste the address of your data source than it is to make up a farcical story.

And for what it's worth I don't entirely agree, with @ChrLzs, that Morrison was any swifter than Trump.  I would guess that there is disparity in trust of the government.  In Australia, particularly in Brisbane, businesses were effectively not trading before regulations were in place.

I was listening to an update on the Tokyo elections today.  The narrator said Japanese way of life is compatible with measures to mitigate spread. One reason was that they are free of the ego of liberty.

Fair enough and thanks for the candor...just having a tough time differentiating between those actually interested in discussion and those here trying to derail threads and having no purpose but to argue and insult because they can't back their opinions with fact (nor do they even try). That put to the side...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vRwAqp96T9sYYq2-i7Tj0pvTf6XVHjDSMIKBdZHXiCGGdNC0ypEU9NbngS8mxea55JuCFuua1MUeOj5/pubhtml#

Above is the direct link to the data. Most people in the US use the Johns Hopkins site you're probably familiar with, but I prefer this one as it's more detailed and updated at a specific time each day. Hopkins updates at varying times which is a killer for bench-marking. If you are uncomfortable with a direct link to Google docs, the navigation starts at the below website, then "see the data as a spreadsheet" which then takes you to the US daily 4pm ET tab along with the States daily 4pm tab I also use less. Now, most of the statistical offerings I post is my math on my spreadsheet after pasting their daily update, i.e. daily tests, daily positives, test percentages, etc. But if you ever question a particular stat, I'd be happy to explain the math if the stat doesn't seem logical. One particularly useful subset of data on my sheet using their data is doing a running ten day average, as that takes the weekend phenomenon out of the equation. For example, we don't die here from Covid on Sundays and Mondays, we typically croak most often on Thursday. Clearly these are reporting anomalies from lack of weekend medical staffing and/or data collection.

https://covidtracking.com/data

Hopkins is better for tracking country data, but it's very basic. I update a sheet every couple weeks with country data when time permits, just to see the global spread. Link below, you've probably seen it before.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

CDC has more useful information such as comorbidity data, age, and other demographic info for further drill down, but there is a significant lag in data since theirs comes from ME reports that take weeks to receive. So, you can see trends, but can't marry to the other sites due to being an arrears. And I can't give you a proper link to the data because they literally change where they put the data almost daily. That said, if I ever post a stat that comes from there, I'll be on that data page and can link to it then. I have some data sets from there I am anxious to update, but cannot find where they put it...very frustrating.

The numbers on Australia came straight from the link below.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert

As far as methodology, take the 214% stat of New Territory and Tasmania.

NT at the time had 13959 tests and 30 pos cases, pos test rate of 0.21%.

TAS had 50967 tests and 228 pos cases, pos test rate of 0.45%.

Obviously 2.14 times greater. So that begs the question as posed...if you or I are the policy maker and the policy is sound regardless of circumstance then the stats should be much closer than double/half.

One area we might likely agree is that in this pandemic, our freedom, socialization and reliance on our economy combine to put us in a bad position of struggling to isolate, especially for long periods of time. All I can tell you is this...there is no single factor that explains it. There is no singular point of blame. No single factor completely innocent or guilty. The data tells a story neither side of our media bothers with, which is why I do what I do. Again, I find it too fascinating to try and spin it. Trends are currently going in the wrong direction, no doubt about it. But how and why is less clear. Based on what I see and in comparison to the original outbreak, I see nothing to cause the alarmism or sensationalizing of the spike. Hell, Fox News just posted that Fauci is warning of a more infectious strain. That's gonna scare people and Fox is more prone to support of Trump than anyone. My question is, more infectious as "faster spreading" or "more dangerous to health" because the hosp, ICU, vent and death stuff clearly doesn't align with the increased cases even when factoring in the incubation period, nor does it align with the trends of the original outbreak. 

Lastly, the only thing I can't effectively argue is the dogma about me having to worry about getting the virus and passing it on. As a nation, we never did that with flu and because of the doctored data and slanted media, I am unconvinced this thing is much different than flu as far as transmission. Not equating the two, mind you, just saying in principle everyone masking for this damn well better mask in the future for simple flu because many elderly people die from flu-related pneumonia every year passed to them from the very same loved ones showing this concern.

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And I'm about to prove exactly the reverse...  Enjoy!

It was sarcasm, but feel free!

12 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Fair enough and thanks for the candor...just having a tough time differentiating between those actually interested in discussion and those here trying to derail threads and having no purpose but to argue and insult because they can't back their opinions with fact (nor do they even try). That put to the side...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vRwAqp96T9sYYq2-i7Tj0pvTf6XVHjDSMIKBdZHXiCGGdNC0ypEU9NbngS8mxea55JuCFuua1MUeOj5/pubhtml#

Above is the direct link to the data. Most people in the US use the Johns Hopkins site you're probably familiar with, but I prefer this one as it's more detailed and updated at a specific time each day. Hopkins updates at varying times which is a killer for bench-marking. If you are uncomfortable with a direct link to Google docs, the navigation starts at the below website, then "see the data as a spreadsheet" which then takes you to the US daily 4pm ET tab along with the States daily 4pm tab I also use less. Now, most of the statistical offerings I post is my math on my spreadsheet after pasting their daily update, i.e. daily tests, daily positives, test percentages, etc. But if you ever question a particular stat, I'd be happy to explain the math if the stat doesn't seem logical. One particularly useful subset of data on my sheet using their data is doing a running ten day average, as that takes the weekend phenomenon out of the equation. For example, we don't die here from Covid on Sundays and Mondays, we typically croak most often on Thursday. Clearly these are reporting anomalies from lack of weekend medical staffing and/or data collection.

https://covidtracking.com/data

Hopkins is better for tracking country data, but it's very basic. I update a sheet every couple weeks with country data when time permits, just to see the global spread. Link below, you've probably seen it before.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

CDC has more useful information such as comorbidity data, age, and other demographic info for further drill down, but there is a significant lag in data since theirs comes from ME reports that take weeks to receive. So, you can see trends, but can't marry to the other sites due to being an arrears. And I can't give you a proper link to the data because they literally change where they put the data almost daily. That said, if I ever post a stat that comes from there, I'll be on that data page and can link to it then. I have some data sets from there I am anxious to update, but cannot find where they put it...very frustrating.

The numbers on Australia came straight from the link below.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert

As far as methodology, take the 214% stat of New Territory and Tasmania.

NT at the time had 13959 tests and 30 pos cases, pos test rate of 0.21%.

TAS had 50967 tests and 228 pos cases, pos test rate of 0.45%.

Obviously 2.14 times greater. So that begs the question as posed...if you or I are the policy maker and the policy is sound regardless of circumstance then the stats should be much closer than double/half.

One area we might likely agree is that in this pandemic, our freedom, socialization and reliance on our economy combine to put us in a bad position of struggling to isolate, especially for long periods of time. All I can tell you is this...there is no single factor that explains it. There is no singular point of blame. No single factor completely innocent or guilty. The data tells a story neither side of our media bothers with, which is why I do what I do. Again, I find it too fascinating to try and spin it. Trends are currently going in the wrong direction, no doubt about it. But how and why is less clear. Based on what I see and in comparison to the original outbreak, I see nothing to cause the alarmism or sensationalizing of the spike. Hell, Fox News just posted that Fauci is warning of a more infectious strain. That's gonna scare people and Fox is more prone to support of Trump than anyone. My question is, more infectious as "faster spreading" or "more dangerous to health" because the hosp, ICU, vent and death stuff clearly doesn't align with the increased cases even when factoring in the incubation period, nor does it align with the trends of the original outbreak. 

Lastly, the only thing I can't effectively argue is the dogma about me having to worry about getting the virus and passing it on. As a nation, we never did that with flu and because of the doctored data and slanted media, I am unconvinced this thing is much different than flu as far as transmission. Not equating the two, mind you, just saying in principle everyone masking for this damn well better mask in the future for simple flu because many elderly people die from flu-related pneumonia every year passed to them from the very same loved ones showing this concern.

your biggest issue is, we are hurting trump's feelings by wearing a mask. and in 1918 we wore masks for that influenza.  the truth is we all have some immunity against Flu A and B.  That's why we don't get it year after year.  we have zero immunity against this corona virus, though over time that will change.  i have not had the flu in decades so no we don't all have to worry about the annual flu. Also flu transmission is apparently not as efficient as this virus.  I really don't care if we hurt the traitor's feelings.  If you don't want to wear a mask, no problem with me.  One thing is clear, we have no President of the United States right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Update on Oregon observations.  Out today for shopping.  At least 90% , maybe more wearing masks.  people are getting serious.

The math trends indicate this is proper. However, OR's low peak test percentage was end of May and as mask rate has increased per what you've seen, the impact hasn't trended accordingly in the stats yet. Always confused by that 14-day quarantine deal, I've never seen anything in the math trends that support a two-week impact on anything. Will continue to monitor.

7 minutes ago, micahc said:

your biggest issue is, we are hurting trump's feelings by wearing a mask. and in 1918 we wore masks for that influenza.  the truth is we all have some immunity against Flu A and B.  That's why we don't get it year after year.  we have zero immunity against this corona virus, though over time that will change.  i have not had the flu in decades so no we don't all have to worry about the annual flu. Also flu transmission is apparently not as efficient as this virus.  I really don't care if we hurt the traitor's feelings.  If you don't want to wear a mask, no problem with me.  One thing is clear, we have no President of the United States right now. 

How did we get that immunity to flu? How will we build immunity to coronavirus over time? And when you say "we" don't have to worry about the flu, are you saying an elderly person with stage four cancer is at no risk of death if they contract flu while immuno-compromised?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jerry Gallo said:

How did we get that immunity to flu? How will we build immunity to coronavirus over time? And when you say "we" don't have to worry about the flu, are you saying an elderly person with stage four cancer is at no risk of death if they contract flu while immuno-compromised?

i didn't say that, but you are just here defending trump's childish position.  he is a big baby and if he would stop tweeting nonsense and act like a man for 5 minutes maybe masks would not be a political position but a health issue.  you wrote all that just because you can't accept Trump is an unfit moron.  wear your mask or don't wear your mask.  i could care less. you are part of the problem in this country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micahc said:

i didn't say that, but you are just here defending trump's childish position.  he is a big baby and if he would stop tweeting nonsense and act like a man for 5 minutes maybe masks would not be a political position but a health issue.  you wrote all that just because you can't accept Trump is an unfit moron.  wear your mask or don't wear your mask.  i could care less. you are part of the problem in this country.

Is there anything more childish than calling someone a big baby? Whether Trump is an unfit moron or not, I simply asked YOU three questions related to YOUR bolded words below. If you don't have the courage or intellect to answer for your own opinions, maybe you shouldn't post them. By the way, the phrase is I couldn't care less...just FYI.

1 hour ago, micahc said:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Is there anything more childish than calling someone a big baby? Whether Trump is an unfit moron or not, I simply asked YOU three questions related to YOUR bolded words below. If you don't have the courage or intellect to answer for your own opinions, maybe you shouldn't post them. By the way, the phrase is I couldn't care less...just FYI.

he is a big baby.  he deserves to die in prison.  i am not going to debate it with you.  you don't handle the truth well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The math trends indicate this is proper. However, OR's low peak test percentage was end of May and as mask rate has increased per what you've seen, the impact hasn't trended accordingly in the stats yet. Always confused by that 14-day quarantine deal, I've never seen anything in the math trends that support a two-week impact on anything. Will continue to monitor.

If you are going to put math and human behavior into the same sentence, best add a delayed feedback mechanism.  Our intelligence response is so much a part of us that probably every culture has the equivalent of a saying like, "Close the barn door after the horses are already out."  You see that in the stock market too.  When you see an advertisement that touts "Get in before it is too late", it is already too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

You see that in the stock market too.  When you see an advertisement that touts "Get in before it is too late", it is already too late.

Well yeah, it was probably made by the guy who bought in at rock bottom and Is trying to maximize quick returns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Well yeah, it was probably made by the guy who bought in at rock bottom and Is trying to maximize quick returns. 

Indeed, individuals that realize people are creatures of habit even when it defies logic make bank on it.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 5:36 AM, Manwon Lender said:

The comments you are making are completely incorrect, today alone a number of states had the highest daily infections rates they ever had, as afar as the CFR falling your are totally wrong, I really don't understand where you get your information from

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/05/fact-check-cdc-estimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

First, I'd appreciate you not using my actual name, regularly, here.  The fact that I signed off on a PM with it doesn't give you permission.  Next, you seem to think that the hysteria based on "infection rate" is warranted.  You are equating it with the CASE FATALITY RATE.  It's nothing of the sort.  You seem to casually equate infections with deaths and that either shows your ignorance on the topic OR it shows your willingness to go bat-**** crazy over anything you can lay at Trump's feet.  

For any who are willing to acknowledge the actual statistics around this pandemic, the CFR is MUCH better than we first assumed it would be.  The shut-downs were based on a desire to create a space of time for PPE and ventilator stocks to be surged.  That has been done.  Yes, some people are dying of this virus and yes, it's best to follow the basic safety rules to avoid becoming infected but the hysteria we're seeing in some members here is just laughable.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Most likely died with Covid, not from it. One beef I have with CDC is they have tons of data, none of it drilled down for the public to build a scenario (plus they keep moving it around with no indicator of where it went). There are also privacy rules. Anyway, bottom line is, we know 95% of the people dying are over 45 years old and we know most of the folks under that age had comorbidities that likely were made worse by the virus similar to how pneumonia or flu might push a stage four cancer patient over the edge into death. It is extremely rare for a healthy 21 year old to die exclusively from Covid. If the virus is weakening relative to hospitalization, ICU, vent and death...younger people going to beaches may help towards herd immunity. Just wish the media reporting all the scary stuff would explain some context, it's almost as if it's designed to scare people...as in to stay home and vote by mail perhaps?

No one dies from bullets either.  They die from the massive trauma and blood loss that the bullet leaves in it's wake as it passes through the body..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/05/fact-check-cdc-estimates-covid-19-death-rate-0-26/5269331002/

First, I'd appreciate you not using my actual name, regularly, here.  The fact that I signed off on a PM with it doesn't give you permission.  Next, you seem to think that the hysteria based on "infection rate" is warranted.  You are equating it with the CASE FATALITY RATE.  It's nothing of the sort.  You seem to casually equate infections with deaths and that either shows your ignorance on the topic OR it shows your willingness to go bat-**** crazy over anything you can lay at Trump's feet.  

For any who are willing to acknowledge the actual statistics around this pandemic, the CFR is MUCH better than we first assumed it would be.  The shut-downs were based on a desire to create a space of time for PPE and ventilator stocks to be surged.  That has been done.  Yes, some people are dying of this virus and yes, it's best to follow the basic safety rules to avoid becoming infected but the hysteria we're seeing in some members here is just laughable.  

The fatality rate it currently estimated at 0.6 percent. 

Just to add to your post 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01738-2

Just using your post as a opportunity to add the link. It's the Nature article going into how they have tried to estimate since the start and where we are now.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

To me the disturbing fact is they di cannot understand the long term profits that can be achieved. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

First, you put your name on the open forum, and so long as you continue with the name calling which is childish and weak I will not guarantee that I will not use your real name and I don't need to permission to do so. Since you used it openly on this forum, anyone else who chooses to use it can, however if you act like an adult, I will treat like one and follow your request above

Your claim that my actions are hysterical and they my thoughts are based upon the combination of Infection Rate and the Case Fatality Rate is comical, you is a very funny boy!!!!:D You have absolutely no basis for you comments, I have never equated the infection rate and case fatality rate together at any time or in any form, now if you would like to attempt to show where I did this other than in in your mind, please do so.:) I don't believe you properly read the fact check you posted above, or you do not have the ability to comprehend it, because it certainly doesnt support anything you have posted here, in addition all the statistical data is more than 40 days old, so it is totally worthless, you is a funny boy:D

You keep saying things show my total ignorance, or that I am Bat-Crap Crazy for laying the blame at Trumps Feet, or that myself and others are acting hysterical, well in reality your comments only prove you have nothing else you can use to reinforce you point of view on this subject. I think before you post again you need to research the topic you are post above, you obviously do not have a clear understanding of this topic. I personally think it that maybe its best that you and your Gang choose a better spoken / informed Gang Member to post for your group, because you have done a terrible job of conveying your intended point, but you is funny boy.:P

One important fact I must present to you when it comes to this subject, I forget more information concerning it, than you have ever known about it, and that is obvious by the way you posted your comments above and that is really kind of sad.:no:

Peace andthan 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

The fatality rate it currently estimated at 0.6 percent. 

Just to add to your post 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01738-2

Just using your post as a opportunity to add the link. It's the Nature article going into how they have tried to estimate since the start and where we are now.

He needs to buy you a beer, his poor attempt at posting in a logical manner and the fact that he is using data that is more than 40 days old is a joke. However, I do respect your ability to post logically, hey I got it, maybe you could tutor andthan, somebody certainly needs to.

Peace 

Edited by Manwon Lender

19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Says Jer, and then cherry picks...

I never claimed it was perfect, but we didn't sit there waving it off as a hoax, and doing nothing for two months.

I never did, Strawman much?

Agreed.

????  Naturally, you give no dates or context...  Thing is, unlike Trump and his morons, Science adapts and adjusts to new information.  That's a good thing.

Again, no dates or context.  At least now I'm not the only one who is onto your bull**** tactics.  Time to Ignore me, too, I'd suggest.  But others will read...

Never did.  Stop listening to the voices in your head...  READ what I actually post.

He appointed most of the shills, and he only listened to them when they agreed with his agenda..  So yes, I do blame him.

I can't help you with that one.  And I'll keep the rather obvious logical conclusions to myself.....

Agreed.

Every other country in the world seems to be doing better by orders of magnitude...

You're a funny guy!!!

Well, there you go... that's so not cherry picked, so not the only stat that is even vaguely better than effing awful... :wacko:  Like I said, hilarious irony.

Agreed.  So why did you offer nothing but irrelevant 'context'?

Or, that cherrypicked stuff could mean that the spike is followed by a lag in hospitalisation.  You claim to be doing clever and in depth analysis, yet you don't know how to check such things?  Armchair scientist at all?  Anyway, I'm sure you know best, just look at those wonderful statistics coming from the US....  just make sure you look at the same graphs for other countries for comparison...

What is with this cherrypicking nonsense? The numbers are what they are, your fear of them does not make them cherry picked. Your inability to discuss them like a man does not make them cherry picked. Read the posts, look for the ?'s and answer them you coward. I cannot help it you don't understand data tracking and have no concept of fair comparison. I presented data, you made one reference to any of it. ONE! Now in another post you want me to answer your question when you dodged all of mine - preferring to answer them with insults having nothing to do with data - a sign you are out of your depth. 

Guess what, today...new record! Over 58K. Guess what else? New record for tests - 750K! Guess what, positive test rate down .5% from yesterday. Guess what, death rate per positive test today is the lowest since the 5/15 peak. That's not a cherry picked number cuck, that's what experts look at. Here's a number sure to boggle your mind...our worst single day for positive test rate was way back on April 4th. Wanna take a guess at how many positive tests we'd have had if we tested 750K that day at that rate? I'll help you out...180K.

Let's talk lag...any guess to the lag in hospitalizations to cases? 12 days. Our 10d hospitalizations compared to 10d positive cases was 1.87 at the end of the 12 day lag during original outbreak. Today, same 12 day lag since cases have spiked, the number is 1.32. I know these numbers are well over your head...not my fault. ICU, vent and death data, all similar. Conclusion...it's less lethal during this recurrence than the original outbreak. Why? Because people with functional logic understand a positive coronavirus test is indicative only of virus spread and potential for developing the disease. No one is dying of coronavirus, the are dying from Covid. Cases indicate increased POTENTIAL and the data says it's turning into Covid at a much lower rate AFTER THE LAG. If 57K of the 58K positive tests, you know, the number you focus on, are people in their 20's, it means far less than if those folks are in their 60's. It's not cherrypicking, it's fact. Your own country's data on Covid deaths mirror ours, young people are not dying. So much more to things than sensationalizing the number of cases.

So, yes, I will put you on ignore. Not only can you rip me and let others see and throw in their likes and backslaps, if can be done without response from me. So have at it...I'll be busy going out without my mask and enjoying life, reading articles on studies that indicate Trump might have been right about the meds after all, articles that are pondering whether the leftist media and Trump bashers have blood on their hands because demonizing a man who is clearly in their heads was far greater than saving lives. And I'll save you the trouble...one last favor before you embarrass yourself any further by cackling some nonsense about Fox News or Breitbart...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-helped-coronavirus-patients-survive-better/ar-BB16hifu?li=BBorjTa

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Conclusion...it's less lethal during this recurrence than the original outbreak. Why? Because people with functional logic understand a positive coronavirus test is indicative only of virus spread and potential for developing the disease

I've seen stats suggesting that too, but I think that it's because alot of the new cases are younger people and that sadly the nursing homes have kind of been ran through already during the initial outbreak.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

No one dies from bullets either.  They die from the massive trauma and blood loss that the bullet leaves in it's wake as it passes through the body..........

Please point out one autopsy that lists the cause of death in this order...

1. Massive trauma

2. Blood loss

3. GSW

I'll give you another option...point out one that lists the cause of death in this order...

1. Acute respiratory distress syndrome

2. COPD

3. Cigarettes

Please and thanks!

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I've seen stats suggesting that too, but I think that it's because alot of the new cases are younger people and that sadly the nursing homes have kind of been ran through already during the initial outbreak.

Those are certainly both factors...but at this point, shouldn't we take the wins where we can? Especially if we are building toward herd immunity as we go? Believe me, there is nothing good about the resurgence, it's just not the beginning of the end to me. I noted on here that there is a lot of talk about reopening bars, restaurants and beaches (and even a Trump rally) as the shameful cause of the spike...not one mention of BLM protests. Is this virus selective? Maybe China engineered this thing better than we thought! LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Those are certainly both factors...but at this point, shouldn't we take the wins where we can? Especially if we are building toward herd immunity as we go? Believe me, there is nothing good about the resurgence, it's just not the beginning of the end to me. I noted on here that there is a lot of talk about reopening bars, restaurants and beaches (and even a Trump rally) as the shameful cause of the spike...not one mention of BLM protests. Is this virus selective? Maybe China engineered this thing better than we thought! LOL

You obviously have no idea what herd immunity even means or how many people must be infected for the possibility that it may happen, and even with that said there is no guarantee it will occur or ever be effective. Why, because this Virus has shown that it is capable of rapid mutations, and as it mutates those who did have some immunity no longer do. If your so called herd immunity theory worked why would people still need Flu shots every year, the reason they do, is the same reason that herd immunity will never occur for COVID19, and that is because it mutates. So instead of talking about non-sense, do some real research, you claim to be a numbers man, so add it up and you will see how uneducated your comments are. 

Oh and by the way, I am not surprised you have mentioned the BLM protests, the closet bigot in you will not allow you to stay away from that:lol: Do they have many of those protests in St. Charles Mo, you know I grew up about 5 miles for there, on the other side of the river about 1 mile from Creve Coeur Park in Maryland Heights. I would think that St. Charles wouldn't  have much to offer protestors, but I could be wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time.:yes:

Peace