Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosion at Parchin, Iran

DarkHunter

Iranian state media is reporting there has been an explosion at Parchin which is where Iran has been doing nuclear research and has barred the IAEA from investigating.  Not a lot of information as this has happened minutes ago, seems the explosion was visible from eastern Tehran.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Vahid/status/1276265808977637383

Video of the explosion.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I assume this was a work accident and not the beginning of an Israel/Iran throw down?  Parchin was the location where they'd been experimenting with explosives to be used in nukes.  I hope they lost the base.

My god.  What a terrible event. 

I suppose the champagne corks are popping in Tel Aviv and Washington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Wistman said:

Did I miss something in the link?  I saw no real details, just images of a fire from a distance. 

4 minutes ago, and then said:

I assume this was a work accident and not the beginning of an Israel/Iran throw down?  Parchin was the location where they'd been experimenting with explosives to be used in nukes.  I hope they lost the base.

No idea honestly.  The explosion seems like it was massive as it seems to light up a large portion of the sky from beyond the horizon.  Apparently there is a video of a group of people talking and it seems one of the girls says she saw something fall from the sky and ask if it could be a meteor.

But more pics and videos are making it online and it looks like a large part of the facility if not all of it might of been destroyed by how large this explosion was.  To put it in perspective Parchin is about 33 miles away from Tehran.

• Like 1

Now some people are saying the explosion happened at Khojir and not Parchin, both are east of Tehran.  Khojir is where Iran makes and tests its missiles.  

Iranian authorities are now officially investigating what happened.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

Khojir seems to also be a speculated secret Iranian nuclear site but that has never been confirmed.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Now some people are saying the explosion happened at Khojir and not Parchin, both are east of Tehran.  Khojir is where Iran makes and tests its missiles.  

Iranian authorities are now officially investigating what happened.

I wondered about it being Parchin.  When the JCPOA was being negotiated, the Iranians razed the test site and actually trucked away huge amounts of soil.  Not that they were working with nukes or anything :rolleyes:

A lot of speculation online it was some military facility that has exploded as no calls to any Iranian emergency service has been made, the rationale being the military has it's own emergency services and wouldnt call a civilian one unlike if something non-military exploded.  But that is just speculation going on online at the moment with no proof behind it.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

There is now a report going out from the Iranian government saying the explosion was related to an industrial gas storage tank adjacent to a ministry of defense building exploding.

Seems very few to no one is taking the report as what actually happened tonight.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Stuxnet anyone? It wouldnt be the first time.

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Stuxnet anyone? It wouldnt be the first time.

I'm suspecting something along those lines.  Not too long ago, I think about 2 weeks ago, Iran did a large cyber attack on Israel's water treatment facilities.  I read an article where Israel said the purpose of the attack was to raise the chlorine to dangerous/lethal levels.  If the attack would of worked it may have caused a mass casualty event which has always been a red line for Israel.

• Thanks 2

Reports now of internet access in Iran starting to be cut but no confirmation yet.  Interestingly there were reports after the explosion of a weird smell after the explosion some people apparently saying was metallic.  The significance of that is if true and it was metallic would almost certainly mean nuclear material.

• Like 1

Some more information about the explosion that had occured.

First Iranian media up until atleast yesterday was still saying the explosion occured at Parchin even though it has been confirmed as occuring in Khojir.

As for the explosion itself there has been satellite images of it.

https://www.planet.com/stories/khojir-explosion-6NHFbCZGR

https://mobile.twitter.com/obretix/status/1276494855179550721

https://mobile.twitter.com/AuroraIntel/status/1276456332347027456

The first link has before and after images of the explosion site, the second link is a twitter thread with various pics including satelite images and the location of the explosion at ground level, and the third link is apparently from Iranian news from the site of the explosion.

Officially Iran is saying that all that had occured was a gas storage container exploding.

At about the same time as the explosion Shiraz had lost electricity.  It seems that an Israeli cyber attack is what took out the electricity in Shiraz and its speculated the same cyber attack caused the explosion but that hasnt been confirmed.  

Some people have pointed out the burnt out area from the explosion is oddly in the shape of a pentagon.  Heard some other people online say there seems to be some inconsistencies between the videos of the explosion and the story of it being due to a gas storage tank exploding.  The inconsistencies which mostly seem to be talked about, not being an expert on this I have no idea if they are valid or not, but are the tanks seem to be too small for the size of the explosion that occured, the tanks dont seem damaged enough from the explosion, and that the videos of the explosion do not match the pattern of a gas container exploding.  

Just restating those inconsistencies are just stuff I have been hearing but have no idea how valid they are or not, personally I think more happened then what is being said and the full extent will probably never be known barring some unexpected military/government leak.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 6:39 PM, The Wistman said:

I would say, well placed C4 charge and not accident....

• Like 1