Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iraqi raid of Ketaib Hezbollah

DarkHunter

Apparently a few hours ago, around the time of the explosion in Iran, Iraqi special forces raided a PMU location on intelligence that they were preparing a rocket attack on the Baghdad airport.  Havent heard exact numbers but between 13 and 19 members of this PMU were arrested during the raid.  Of those 13 to 19 members either 3 or 4 were commanders of Ketaib Hezbollah and atleast 1 of the arrested was an Iranian commander if the initial reports are accurate.

Despite some confusion on the statues of the people arrested, Ketaib Hezbollah was saying they all been released which the Iraqi government and military quickly denied, have seemingly all been turned over to the Joint Operations Command.  Also Ketaib Hezbollah was spreading seemingly false information that 40 Americans were involved in the raid which both Iraq and America denied.  

Last I heard the green zone in Baghdad has been closed and Ketaib Hezbollah is still right outside of it.

Ultimately seems like Iran is having a rough day.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Can't imagine a more deserving tyranny for the pain.  

• Like 2

Now Ketaib Hezbollah is openly patrolling the streets of Baghdad and some reports of PMU units surrounding governmental HQs and the houses of various Iraqi authorities.  Seems the situation in Iraq is deteriorating quickly after the raid.

• Like 2

Security officials belonging to Iranian back PMUs are now threatening to kill the Iraqi prime minister

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The squeeze and squash in Libya spreading the push and shove... 

~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Apparently a few hours ago, around the time of the explosion in Iran, Iraqi special forces raided a PMU location on intelligence that they were preparing a rocket attack on the Baghdad airport.  Havent heard exact numbers but between 13 and 19 members of this PMU were arrested during the raid.  Of those 13 to 19 members either 3 or 4 were commanders of Ketaib Hezbollah and atleast 1 of the arrested was an Iranian commander if the initial reports are accurate.

Despite some confusion on the statues of the people arrested, Ketaib Hezbollah was saying they all been released which the Iraqi government and military quickly denied, have seemingly all been turned over to the Joint Operations Command.  Also Ketaib Hezbollah was spreading seemingly false information that 40 Americans were involved in the raid which both Iraq and America denied.  

Last I heard the green zone in Baghdad has been closed and Ketaib Hezbollah is still right outside of it.

This is a great day, and I hope that the leaders of Ketaib Hezbollah that were captured were not released, especially since one them was an Iranian on Iraqi soil. However, the news reports at this time are very conflicting, some of the reports are saying that the Leadership was turned over to the Iraqi Popular Mobilization  Forces ( PMF) and some of the reports are saying that the Ketaib Hezbollah leaders were handed over to American Forces, which is being denied by US Officials. Now, it is possible that there is a possibility that these individuals are under US Control, and that this fact is being denied because the US doesnt want it known that these individuals are being held by US Authorities, and I hope this true. But, with all the confusion at this time, I think it points to things that do not seen right in my opinion, it actually seems like there is more to this than meets the eye.

In addition the explosion that occurred in Iran may also be much more than it seems to be. The Iranian explanation that the explosion was a natural Gas facility which also houses a Sensitive Military facility both of which are near the Capital of Iran, Tehran. Two days prior to this explosion Israel was acussed of Bombing Iranian sites in Syria, at least 7 pro-Iranian members along with members of Syrian armed Forces appear to have been killed, with a number of others wounded it appears these Air Strikes were carried out by Missile Attacks and by what Syria is calling Israeli Fighter Bombers which attacked Multiple positions inside Syria. I wonder if all three of the above situations could be part of something bigger that is going to happen, but only time will tell, all I can say is I hope Israel keeps handing these Scum bags their Butts, nothing is better than that in my opinion. Thanks for bring this to my attention, this is something worth keeping our eye's on as this situation develops.

Air strike against Pro-Iranian Syrian Forces in Syria: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-airstrikes-reported-against-iranian-sites-in-syria-killing-2/

Explosion inside Iran: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/explosion-reported-near-tehran-report-632864

Iraqi raids on Hezbollah: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/world/2020/06/26/iraq-raids-iran-backed-militia-base-in-baghdad-detains-more-than-a-dozen/

Peace

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

However, the news reports at this time are very conflicting, some of the reports are saying that the Leadership was turned over to the Iraqi Popular Mobilization  Forces ( PMF) and some of the reports are saying that the Ketaib Hezbollah leaders were handed over to American Forces, which is being denied by US Officials

There is certainly a lot of confusion regarding the situation with the detained militia members.  From what I have gathered the issue seems to be that multiple sources are all saying different things. 

The senior commander of Ketaib Hezbollah has been saying the people detained have been released but has provided no evidence and certain sources are running with it as if it's a confirmed fact. 

Then there is the Iraq government which seems to give a different answer depending on who is asked, the higher ups in the military seem to be saying they have been detained and transferred, lower level soldiers seem to be saying they been released, and politicians are saying negotiations regarding the captured militia members are on going.  

Lastly there is America which just essentially keeps repeating how America has had nothing to do with this.

Also doesnt help the numbers of militia members detained keeps fluctuating depending on the source.  What has been confirmed is the senior commander of Ketaib Hezbollah claiming to have proof that the Iraqi prime minister played a key role in the assassination of Soleimani and that approximately 600 PMU members are being pulled from southern Iraq to Baghdad.

16 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I wonder if all three of the above situations could be part of something bigger that is going to happen, but only time will tell, all I can say is I hope Israel keeps handing these Scum bags their Butts, nothing is better than that in my opinion.

This is just speculation on my part but the official Iranian government explanation of the explosion doesn't make much sense, I'm not an expert in explosives and gas can certainly cause large explosions but the videos and pictures were all from Tehran and the explosion either occured at Parchin which is about 55 km away from Tehran or Khojir which is about 33 km away, both have military facilities.  My gut is just telling me the size, distance, and explanation just dont add up.  I also suspect Israel played some role in the explosion due to the recent Iranian cyber attack on Israeli water treatment facilities with the goal seemingly to be to increase chlorine to dangerous or lethal levels.

Within the next few hours to a day or two there should start to be satelite images of what exploded in Iran so it will be easy to tell just how honest the Iranian government is being.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

There is certainly a lot of confusion regarding the situation with the detained militia members.  From what I have gathered the issue seems to be that multiple sources are all saying different things. 

The senior commander of Ketaib Hezbollah has been saying the people detained have been released but has provided no evidence and certain sources are running with it as if it's a confirmed fact. 

Then there is the Iraq government which seems to give a different answer depending on who is asked, the higher ups in the military seem to be saying they have been detained and transferred, lower level soldiers seem to be saying they been released, and politicians are saying negotiations regarding the captured militia members are on going.  

Lastly there is America which just essentially keeps repeating how America has had nothing to do with this.

Also doesnt help the numbers of militia members detained keeps fluctuating depending on the source.  What has been confirmed is the senior commander of Ketaib Hezbollah claiming to have proof that the Iraqi prime minister played a key role in the assassination of Soleimani and that approximately 600 PMU members are being pulled from southern Iraq to Baghdad.

This is just speculation on my part but the official Iranian government explanation of the explosion doesn't make much sense, I'm not an expert in explosives and gas can certainly cause large explosions but the videos and pictures were all from Tehran and the explosion either occured at Parchin which is about 55 km away from Tehran or Khojir which is about 33 km away, both have military facilities.  My gut is just telling me the size, distance, and explanation just dont add up.  I also suspect Israel played some role in the explosion due to the recent Iranian cyber attack on Israeli water treatment facilities with the goal seemingly to be to increase chlorine to dangerous or lethal levels.

Within the next few hours to a day or two there should start to be satelite images of what exploded in Iran so it will be easy to tell just how honest the Iranian government is being.

I totally agree with you, in the next few days we will certainly know what is going on, and where it is all going to lead.

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention, I really like to follow events like this.

Peace

Hmm... on a cursory google search, I havn't been able to find anything about a coup in Iraq ? 

@Manwon Lender

Figured you would be interested in hearing this

Earlier today 14 of the people arrested by the Iraqi special forces for planning a rocket attack on the Baghdad airport have been released and all charges against them have been dropped.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/iraq-frees-14-pro-iran-fighters-held-over-185215616.html?__twitter_impression=true

Oddly the article only talks about 14 members being released when just about every story from the night of the raid mentioned between 19 and 23 people being arrested and the article makes no mention of commanders being released or the Iranian commander captured, both of those seem like they would be mentioned if they were involved.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

@Manwon Lender

Figured you would be interested in hearing this

Earlier today 14 of the people arrested by the Iraqi special forces for planning a rocket attack on the Baghdad airport have been released and all charges against them have been dropped.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/iraq-frees-14-pro-iran-fighters-held-over-185215616.html?__twitter_impression=true

Oddly the article only talks about 14 members being released when just about every story from the night of the raid mentioned between 19 and 23 people being arrested and the article makes no mention of commanders being released or the Iranian commander captured, both of those seem like they would be mentioned if they were involved.

Thanks for letting me know about this, this is really a weird situation. I am going to continue to follow it, there has be more going on.

Thanks again

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender