Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Blair Witch' director returns with 'Skyman'

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The director of 'The Blair Witch Project' is back with a new found footage movie about an alien visitor.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/337807/blair-witch-director-returns-with-skyman

While the movie might be cool, I don't think the director of the Blair Witch Project was a great director because of the movie.   The movie was good and popular because it was different.   

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If one original 'found footage' type movie is made by a director, it's exciting and compelling as a movie idea.

It's when you go past that first movie, when you start with the sequels and spinoff ideas, when it becomes really silly and uninteresting quickly, which is why the 2nd Blair Witch movie bombed, and I am highly expecting this alien one to.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shakey alien films have been done, it is 20 years later.

BW 2 had a pretty good soundtrack and even that didnt save it.

That whole low budget shakey camera thing was so 2000, it made me nauseous then and would be worse now, thankfully the stories and acting are so terrible i dont miss anything when im off throwing up,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd probably watch it. So long as the shaky cam is kept to a minimum. I really don't want the vertigo inducing Cloverfield again.

• Like 1

Somehow I have managed not to see Blair witch but the idea of a personal account video driven story does not put me off. The same sort of idea was used in Cloverfield and I thought that was a decent monster romp.     

15 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

he same sort of idea was used in Cloverfield and I thought that was a decent monster romp.     

Cloverfield wasn't bad at all, I just think they over did the camera work. If someone up for a junk food alien movie try Ejecta. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Cloverfield wasn't bad at all, I just think they over did the camera work. If someone up for a junk food alien movie try Ejecta. 

Ejecta, I have not seen that, will have a look for it. :tu: 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Cloverfield wasn't bad at all, I just think they over did the camera work. If someone up for a junk food alien movie try Ejecta

Ejecta, Its not bad, i didnt much like cloverfield, perhaps i should try it again

i actually really liked district 9, the way it was filmed, the story, the underlying message, the first time i saw it it took me 30 minutes to give it a chance, but im no gauge, i also like cowboys and aliens and alien nation ( movie )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If I remember correctly, The Blair Witch was popular for numerous reasons. One, creative advertising, they put up 'missing' photos of the three main characters around college campuses. Not everyone thought it was fiction.

Edited by Bed of chaos

4 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Not everyone thought it was fiction

Oy vey,

Countless people here believe fictional things are real...:tu:

• Like 2

Doesn't sound to bad. I've been waiting for a good alien movie for a while! Was a creepy one on VHS (2 i think)

On 6/26/2020 at 9:22 PM, the13bats said:

Shakey alien films have been done, it is 20 years later.

BW 2 had a pretty good soundtrack and even that didnt save it.

That whole low budget shakey camera thing was so 2000, it made me nauseous then and would be worse now, thankfully the stories and acting are so terrible i dont miss anything when im off throwing up,

:D the best alien movie is 'Paul'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

:D the best alien movie is 'Paul'

It was great,

OIP.cHNDlecPtnmPmvMgjyGfXQHaFu?w=193&h=1

I wonder didnt it come out 2011 about the same time as Sinny Bob, hum,

OIP.aEpoD2xjgO7naDYFAAgA9QHaHa?w=193&h=1

perhaps paul did skinny bob as an artsy attention pormo type video, as far as i know SB was never debunked, perhaps its not CGI but just zeti reticulis answer to Tom Cruise...provocative

Edited by the13bats

Th Blair Witch Project looks stupid to anyone that has spent time in the woods. I was bored out of my skull for the entire movie.

I can only imagine that the next film will have the same stupid mistake as the previous boring film.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, the13bats said:

as far as i know SB was never debunked,

aliens are not here so no need to even attempt to debunk it- by default it's debunked, unless someone can prove otherwise ... 

after 80 odd years of so called modern ufology, no one's proved it to be real yet... i wonder why? well, no need to wonder really:sleepy: fantasise= yeah why not, i do;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Th Blair Witch Project looks stupid to anyone that has spent time in the woods

what do you mean by that?

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Th Blair Witch Project looks stupid to anyone that has spent time in the woods. I was bored out of my skull for the entire movie.

I can only imagine that the next film will have the same stupid mistake as the previous boring film.

I got basically dragged to it, I saw perhaps 7 mins, of that shakovision claptrap then i created cheap jackson pollocks all over the theater bathroom.

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

aliens are not here so no need to even attempt to debunk it- by default it's debunked, unless someone can prove otherwise ... 

after 80 odd years of so called modern ufology, no one's proved it to be real yet... i wonder why? well, no need to wonder really:sleepy: fantasise= yeah why not, i do;)

You do realize i was going for dumb sarcastic humor, right?

Just now, the13bats said:

You do realize i was going for dumb sarcastic humor, right?

you obviously did not realize i knew that

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what do you mean by that?

They do not attempt to walk out the way they walked in.

That was a dead give away for stupidity

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you obviously did not realize i knew that

Zap...:alien:  :lol:

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

They do not attempt to walk out the way they walked in.

That was a dead give away for stupidity

isn't the whole thing stupid??? Even if the scenario was based around a junkyard or a building site?? What are you talking about?;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

isn't the whole thing stupid??? Even if the scenario was based around a junkyard or a building site?? What are you talking about?;)

Guess you too missed the obvious stupidity of the film where they follow a stream into the area but decide on the way out NOT to follow the stream out

• Thanks 1