Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you know anyone who has/had Covid-19?

Hermai

5 hours ago, Hermai said:

Legitimately curious. Anecdotally, I know not a single soul. 

I had a grandaunt who died from it about a week ago.

Edited by GoldenWolf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, rashore said:

Right now admitting you had it is almost worse than anything else.

I can see how that would potentially complicate life.  The onus is on the known "carrier" to take all precautions to keep everyone around them safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I am feeling that they are questioning the legitimacy of the pandemic.

Well... I guess that's one potential interpretation but I didn't immediately get that impression.  It could as easily have been an innocent curiosity.  The responses so far have confirmed for me how fortunate I and my family have been so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

I know several, including myself, my son and my wife.

Though this topic's tone seems like little more than argument bait...

Does it, really?  I have to admit that on an average day at UM, I tend to be the one who is ready to take offense and I really didn't get that vibe on this thread.  I've been very fortunate in that I don't know anyone who has been officially diagnosed, let alone had a seriously poor outcome.

• Like 3

I know one person who had Covad-19, and she recovered at home. The two counties where I hang out have a total population of about 19,000 people. So far there have been 32 confirmed cases, and only one death.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, and then said:

When you voluntarily chose to come to UM and to abide by the rules.  I don't mean to be snarky or insulting but it really is that simple.  When a Mod gives "direction" it's required to comply for the best interests of the site.  I'll have to say, the Mods here tend to be the best.  They don't nit-pick so when they do give guidance its best to follow. :) 

:gun:

s9mmv.jpg

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hermai said:

Legitimately curious. Anecdotally, I know not a single soul. 

Yes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hermai said:

?

The lady I sometimes call mom was quarantined in late January for 2 weeks, at that time it was hush, hush...

My step daughter, my other step daughters co worker, my two employees, another employees daughter, I met a gal yesterday in line at the super market who is still recovering, me and I believe I have 2 infected cats.

What I have noticed is that on our local news channels they have obituaries at the end and before all of this, they would go through the list of people, it would play over and over about 4 or 5 times, now they can't get through all of them sometimes during the 1st run becuse of the amount of deaths much much higher then before. (The number of obituaries have quadrupled). And I'm talking about three different channels here... so I've been waiting to see the list decrease but it hasn't been looking so good and hasn't decreases as of yet.

• Sad 5

I dont know anyone who has/had the coronavirus, nor do I know anyone, who knows someone who had the virus. Only on TV/news, but I don't personally know that person

• Like 1

One of the dealers in the antique centre I run died from it - she was in her 40s,  with a young daughter, and had only recently recovered from cancer .....  :( 

One other person I know also had the virus when he died; it was likely to have been a contributory factor (I believe he actually died of organ failure though)

I know a few people who think they had it, but were never tested.  

edit: I may never know how many of my regular or semi-regular customers died from it.  

Edited by Essan
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

If you don't know anyone that has had it consider yourself lucky.

If, because you don't know anyone that has had it, you think it's a hoax, consider yourself an idiot.

Can this be made into a "sticky"?

• Like 6

My son in law (late 50s) got it badly.  Hospitalised and on oxygen though not intubated, thank goodness.  One of his work colleagues died.  Another was seriously ill with it but I don’t know outcome for them.  Daughter thinks she had it mildly while her husband was going down with it.  
Another acquaintance locally, elderly, succumbed.  I am sure there are others I do not know about.

• Sad 7

Friend told me today that his GF's, sisters, roommate got it (has that for degrees of seperation lol) and didn't realize she had it until she lost of smell. Only time will tell if her smells comes back or not.

• Sad 5

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Only time will tell if her smells comes back or not.

I hope that you mean "her sense of smell." :blink:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Friend told me today that his GF's, sisters, roommate got it (has that for degrees of seperation lol) and didn't realize she had it until she lost of smell. Only time will tell if her smells comes back or not.

Consensus seems to be taste and smell are on vacation for a long long time. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 6:58 AM, aztek said:

it did not really change my views,  my opinion still stands, it is a bad virus that kills some, makes others sick, and some lucky ones do not even know they have it.

In Australia is, infects one person out of 2 million, and 99% have mild symptions, the flu does far worse.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, odas said:

Well, some still argue weather the Earth is Flat or not so what is your point? 

When something unknown appears it is for sure that oppinions will vary between scientists untill they close in.

True, some want to make a buck some want to save the planet by destroying industry, and some just mindlessly parrot what other so called experts have told them.

But getting back on subject as far as l know NO,but l have had SARS, with weird symptions for a few days, about 6 years ago, (symptions where almost identical to C-19). So l have some immunity against this.

^_^

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

In Australia is, infects one person out of 2 million, and 99% have mild symptions, the flu does far worse.

True, some want to make a buck some want to save the planet by destroying industry, and some just mindlessly parrot what other so called experts have told them.

But getting back on subject as far as l know NO,but l have had SARS, with weird symptions for a few days, about 6 years ago, (symptions where almost identical to C-19). So l have some immunity against this.

^_^

The government of Australia says your numbers are way off.

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers#total-cases-and-deaths-by-state-and-territory

• Like 2

I just on the John Hopkins coronavirus site that the world just past a milestone - 500,000 dead from COVID-19.

I checked the world population and it is listed as 7.8 billion people.

A half billion people are dead out of 7.8 billion. That's 6% of the Earth's population gone. That's 1 out of every 16 people dead and the pandemic is still underway. Just stuns me.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Just stuns me.

and some lackwits still think it's a hoax. :cry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

I just on the John Hopkins coronavirus site that the world just past a milestone - 500,000 dead from COVID-19.

A half billion people are dead out of 7.8 billion. That's 6% of the Earth's population gone. That's 1 out of every 16 people dead and the pandemic is still underway. Just stuns me.

That would be half a million , no?

Huge sorry to everyone. I was in a rush and goofed the numbers.

It is 1/2 a million dead. Divide the percentages by 1000, still huge numbers.

Fair game to tell me I'm a dope because I should have realized my numbers were way off the mark.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

Yeah, your numbers are off, or based on the link, for Australia only it is 53 new cases and 104 dead since yesterday out of a population of 25 million

Or about 7,500 people infected, compare that to the flu, which is the worst it has been this year than usual.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/early-outbreaks-to-blame-for-worst-flu-season-on-record/11949320

310,000 infected, and how many dead, not sure, but it is likely to be way above Covid.

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

and some lackwits still think it's a hoax. :cry:

It isn't a hoax, destroying small businesses and industry and locking up healthy people is the hoax.

We didn't do any of this during SARS, we restricted the meat trade and kept an eye on our most vonerable, with around 200 dead when it subsided.

B)