Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bangs/Fireworks All Night Long?

Hermai

Anyone else been hearing/seeing nonstop fireworks and explosions since early June? Just people blowing off steam? Government psy-op to acclimate  citizens to the sounds of warfare in our towns and cities? What gives?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Hermai said:

Anyone else been hearing/seeing nonstop fireworks and explosions since early June? Just people blowing off steam? Government psy-op to acclimate  citizens to the sounds of warfare in our towns and cities? What gives?

Flashbangs all night for a few days a couple of weeks ago :lol:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Hermai said:

where? what city?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hermai said:

Nah... sorry, I've been spending a lot of time sending rounds down range :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

wow, that is awesome, never heard of CT but interesting read, what do you think people living in one of those cities should do?

As someone living in one, we endure for the moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hermai said:

As someone living in one, we endure for the moment. 

endure??  is it that bad?  aren't fireworks cool?  are those, by you  professional ones , or people just shoot them everywhere like on the 4th?

Probably just people blowing off steam. If you hear screaming mixed in, then I'd worry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hermai said:

I made a deal to avoid politics but this is just blackcats and bottle rockets, right?

Nonstop fireworks? Um no, are you exaggerating any? You mean 24-7 around the clock fireworks? That would cost 1000s and the launch pad wouldnt be hard to find,

Here,  central fl i start hearing stuff about as soon as the roadside vendors start selling,  pop here bang there, which about a week ago started with the "women for trump" T shirt , hat and flag booth near the big parking lot tent full of things that pop and go bang adjacent to the crackle barrel,  so a person can get in all that holiday shopping and dining at once,

Tin foil hat gobmint ruse? I doubt it, with 2020 what its been so far my guess is folks are just blowing off a little extra anxiety,

I have 2 small mortar shells, and the night of the elections when a winner is picked i am lighting them off, i dont care which wins i just wanna celebrate im good for 4 more.

• Haha 2

We have more than usual... but in Los Angeles, this time of year. 

We have professional grade fireworks being lit off nightly, in various areas.

Usually in two's and three's, but not sustained for hours as I'm hearing from friends in Brooklyn.

• Like 2

Yes dear god yes, Every ****ing night.

I'm in Columbus (or should I say Flavortown now lol), Ohio, idk what city you are in but this is a well known thing talked about on the Columbus Reddit lol.

It has been happening for a few weeks now, never has it been this constant before.

I of course am exaggerating some, but it has been a lot more then past years around the part of town I live in at least. 

Edit

This is a post by someone a about a day ago lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Been an increase during the day for fireworks here. Been unusually quiet of it at night than usual. Target practice gunfire has been real quiet too. But ripping it up on the off road vehicles after dusk has sure kicked up.

• Like 3

I'm sure every state had a few morons who took their stimulus checks and blew it all on fireworks :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm sure every state had a few morons who took their stimulus checks and blew it all on fireworks :lol:

In floriduh only a few?

Im sure its just chance or irony but every parking lot with a fireworks tent also has a trump paraphernalia station,

And yeah, off road toys, boats all that is up in use here.

6 hours ago, aztek said:

endure??  is it that bad?  aren't fireworks cool?  are those, by you  professional ones , or people just shoot them everywhere like on the 4th?

It actually is that bad. Been seriously causing sleepless nights. I’m not alone in my city. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hermai said:

I know this guy who is responsible for it his name is Pop.

Peace 

• Sad 1

I've had some time today to check in with friends from more urban places starting to complain of daytime fireworks, and a lot more night time fireworks than usual for this weekend. Kind of most notably from the angle of pet owners- the people themselves have been noticing it a bit more this week.. but now with scared pets already having problems this weekend, owners are wondering how bad next weekend is going to be with fireworks. 

On the radio today from local news I heard our area has canceled its 4ths fireworks, and will be broadcasting older shows online instead. The area has seen some increasing stuff like drunk and disorderly, people doing stupid during shows the last few years, so very much not surprised with Covid-19 the whole thing was cancelled with an online/radio play option for previous years. 

I caught a rumor or two of some black market fireworks going on- kind of like killer clowns with candy and vans, only this version is strangers with vans selling kids high-grade fireworks for cheap. So far this one seems to be more UL than anything else. 

Caught some reports of fireworks in areas around police station areas (as in close enough the station should hear it and respond), people coming in- firing off-leaving scenarios, and a bit of random other for night fireworks stuff in more urban areas. None of it has been recorded and confirmed yet from what I've gotten, just written accounts so far. 

• Like 1

Nothing near me, but I'm in a rural area.   

Gotta just make the best of it.   Try thinking about their money going up in smoke.   

Any idea if there is a purpose for it?   Is it protesters or anti-protesters?   

i'm in brooklyn and i hear them too,  but not as bad so i have to endure it,  i have no issues with it, my whole family sleeps just fine, 

The new empty shelves. They hear them all the times in places around me but not here where I am yet.

safe_image.php?d=AQCqu6waYogBJBVx&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.poconorecord.com%2Fstoryimage%2FPR%2F20200628%2FNEWS%2F200629841%2FAR%2F0%2FAR-200629841.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCuClHJ2rIgaDGT

Edited by susieice

This thread reminds me that I need to make a stop on the way home and buy some fireworks.  

• Haha 1

I figure it's due to fireworks shows being cancelled, and all the overstock fireworks are getting sold at deep discount, first come first serve. I've heard rumors of them getting sold out the back of trucks, I'm inclined to believe it.

Edited by moonman