Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
preacherman76

Snake Bite

Recommended Posts

preacherman76

So I just woke up from this crazy dream, had to document it.

The scene in the dream was from back in like my early 20's. I know this cause the dream starts out with me sitting next to this girl I knew way back then. We are sitting on this couch, and kinda flirting with each other. That happened a lot in real life back then, but we never actually got together. Anyhow I'm sitting next to her, when my cousin comes over, sits on the other side of her, and lays his head on her lap. I see this and think to myself WTH?? It was really strange cause we always respected it when one of us was trying to get with a girl. She was hands off for the rest of us, at least till you struck out.

 I remember getting a little mad, and getting up to lay on this other couch. I'm not there long when I hear someone yell out that there is a snake in the apartment. So I get up and run towards the sound. Now the time line starts to blur a little. I go into this hall, and there are my two present day dogs laying there. In between them was this bad ass horrific looking black viper. One of the dogs notices I came in the hall and lifts its head up. I yell to the dog to STAY. The snake starts looking agitated. I knew I had to get that snake away from them or at least one of my dogs was gonna die. 

I grab this snake grabber looking thing like you see on the TV shows (very convenient, I know lol) and I go to grab it by the head. I miss. Snake is like one second away from biting a dog, so I reach right down with my other hand to try to grab it by the neck. I do get hold of it, but not close enough to the head, and it turns and bites me in the hand. Seemed like it got me pretty good. Ignoring the bite, I slide my hand up to its head, and have a good grip on it. I start to walk outside, while I yell out to that girl to call 911. My cousin follows me outside. 

So we get out to the grass, and I bring the snake down, trying to think of a way to kill it. Just then my cousin reaches down with a knife, and cuts its head off. 

The ambulance came right then, like they were right around the corner. It was a man and a women paramedic. I wave them over, and show them the bite. Come to find out I didn't get it as bad as I thought. A ring I had on had blocked one of the fangs, and the other mark looked like it hardly broke the skin. Next thing I know somehow Im back in the apartment with these paramedics, and Im telling them the story of what just happened. So The women paramedic says, well you look ok to me. So I say yeah I feel pretty good, the only symptom I had was I felt like I was tripping out a little. Mostly seeing colors in a very different way. 

Im looking at the walls and all around, and nothing is the color you'd expect it to be.  

There was a bunch of things that happened after, but that seemed to be the main point. Thanks for stopping in. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Kittens Are Jerks

Really intense dream. I'm curious, was the ring that blocked the snake bite your wedding ring?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micahc

none of my dreams would have stayed connected for that long.  quite a tale.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Really intense dream. I'm curious, was the ring that blocked the snake bite your wedding ring?

I don’t remember. But I’d like to think so. I’m 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

Come on 8, I know you have some thoughts on this one. ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits
Posted (edited)

@preacherman76

Yeah, but I think it's largely a personal dream. I can't do much with those, except applaud. Well dreamt.

But what do you think? Especially about the characters that don't correspond with real people or dogs in your waking life - maybe they have shared-symbolic potential (Serpent, of course, you and your cousin slaying the dragon as a hero deed, some anima vibes with the paramedic, whom you didn't know was so close at hand until she showed up ...I liked @Kittens Are Jerks' question about the ring, too - but you didn't sound quite sure about identifying it as a wedding ring ... that could be worth some thinking about all by itself).

Speaking of personal, you know that I was on the edge of my seat when you were getting that snake away from the dogs, Yes! And good that you weren't injured too badly. If it were my dream (which it isn't!),  then the contrast between the serpent and the dogs would call to mind how tamed wolves are the ideal shadow figures, while the wild serpent is the undesirable aspect of the shadow - so kill the serpent and keep the dogs!

I'm way too biased toward dogs to think that that would generalize widely to other people. But you did ask for my thoughts :)

 

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, eight bits said:

@preacherman76

Yeah, but I think it's largely a personal dream. I can't do much with those, except applaud. Well dreamt.

I think you are right. After chewing on this by the end of the day I suspected that this was a very personal dream, something only I could decode.  I think that snake represents something in my recent past, that I have worked very hard to let go of. Now that it’s gone, I’m seeing it didn’t do as much damage as I thought, and am coming back strong. In the same way that snake bite wasn’t as bad as I thought. I’d share it, but I can’t help but feel a little exposed at the thought of it. 

Quote

But what do you think? Especially about the characters that don't correspond with real people or dogs in your waking life - maybe they have shared-symbolic potential (Serpent, of course, you and your cousin slaying the dragon as a hero deed, some anima vibes with the paramedic, whom you didn't know was so close at hand until she showed up ...I liked @Kittens Are Jerks' question about the ring, too - but you didn't sound quite sure about identifying it as a wedding ring ... that could be worth some thinking about all by itself).

Yeah I’m kinda foggy on exactly what kind of ring it was. I think I was just to thankful the bite wasn’t that bad. That’s where my focus was. Though it would make a lot of sense if it was my wedding ring. She is a huge part of why I sought this kind of personal transformation  

 

Quote

Speaking of personal, you know that I was on the edge of my seat when you were getting that snake away from the dogs, Yes! And good that you weren't injured too badly. If it were my dream (which it isn't!),  then the contrast between the serpent and the dogs would call to mind how tamed wolves are the ideal shadow figures, while the wild serpent is the undesirable aspect of the shadow - so kill the serpent and keep the dogs!

I'm way too biased toward dogs to think that that would generalize widely to other people. But you did ask for my thoughts :)

 

I didn’t even think about what the dogs represented, but that makes a lot of sense. Both dogs and the snake together being my full shadow is a very interesting take. In real life, in a way, I have removed the darkest most undesirable part of the shadow. I think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for taking the time bro. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather
On 6/27/2020 at 3:12 AM, preacherman76 said:

So I just woke up from this crazy dream, had to document it.

The scene in the dream was from back in like my early 20's. I know this cause the dream starts out with me sitting next to this girl I knew way back then. We are sitting on this couch, and kinda flirting with each other. That happened a lot in real life back then, but we never actually got together. Anyhow I'm sitting next to her, when my cousin comes over, sits on the other side of her, and lays his head on her lap. I see this and think to myself WTH?? It was really strange cause we always respected it when one of us was trying to get with a girl. She was hands off for the rest of us, at least till you struck out.

 I remember getting a little mad, and getting up to lay on this other couch. I'm not there long when I hear someone yell out that there is a snake in the apartment. So I get up and run towards the sound. Now the time line starts to blur a little. I go into this hall, and there are my two present day dogs laying there. In between them was this bad ass horrific looking black viper. One of the dogs notices I came in the hall and lifts its head up. I yell to the dog to STAY. The snake starts looking agitated. I knew I had to get that snake away from them or at least one of my dogs was gonna die. 

I grab this snake grabber looking thing like you see on the TV shows (very convenient, I know lol) and I go to grab it by the head. I miss. Snake is like one second away from biting a dog, so I reach right down with my other hand to try to grab it by the neck. I do get hold of it, but not close enough to the head, and it turns and bites me in the hand. Seemed like it got me pretty good. Ignoring the bite, I slide my hand up to its head, and have a good grip on it. I start to walk outside, while I yell out to that girl to call 911. My cousin follows me outside. 

So we get out to the grass, and I bring the snake down, trying to think of a way to kill it. Just then my cousin reaches down with a knife, and cuts its head off. 

The ambulance came right then, like they were right around the corner. It was a man and a women paramedic. I wave them over, and show them the bite. Come to find out I didn't get it as bad as I thought. A ring I had on had blocked one of the fangs, and the other mark looked like it hardly broke the skin. Next thing I know somehow Im back in the apartment with these paramedics, and Im telling them the story of what just happened. So The women paramedic says, well you look ok to me. So I say yeah I feel pretty good, the only symptom I had was I felt like I was tripping out a little. Mostly seeing colors in a very different way. 

Im looking at the walls and all around, and nothing is the color you'd expect it to be.  

There was a bunch of things that happened after, but that seemed to be the main point. Thanks for stopping in. 

 

I’m glad you were able to cut the head off of that snake old friend. Maybe a reminder that the things you liked in the past are still there, but with a little fight and some help from people that care about you, you can always kill it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
20 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

I’m glad you were able to cut the head off of that snake old friend. Maybe a reminder that the things you liked in the past are still there, but with a little fight and some help from people that care about you, you can always kill it. 

Yep, exactly. How have you been Mr Crane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yep, exactly. How have you been Mr Crane?

Doing alright. It’s been a rough year. The covid stuff shut down my plans I had been working on to go back to school, and I caught a nasty gut infection called diverticulitis, but feel guilty feeling ansi or bad about certain things because I am actually really well off and economically prepared. I put all my excess energy into a massive garden and am now swimming in summer vegetables. That’s about it for me. Are you weathering they lockdowns well? 

Edited by White Crane Feather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
3 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Doing alright. It’s been a rough year. The covid stuff shut down my plans I had been working on to go back to school, and I caught a nasty gut infection called diverticulitis, but feel guilty feeling ansi or bad about certain things because I am actually really well off and economically prepared. I put all my excess energy into a massive garden and am now swimming in summer vegetables. That’s about it for me. Are you weathering they lockdowns well? 

Oh wow, I hope you are feeling better. 
 

We are good. Both me and my wife have been able to keep working, so aside from coming up with unique things to do to keep the boys busy. With no football or ju jitsu, finding things to do has been fun, at times lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather
7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Oh wow, I hope you are feeling better. 
 

We are good. Both me and my wife have been able to keep working, so aside from coming up with unique things to do to keep the boys busy. With no football or ju jitsu, finding things to do has been fun, at times lol. 

You are a strong extremely thoughtful man. Your children are lucky. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
joc

Generally speaking...and your dream is more than general...it's specific...

Snakes in dreams speak of sexuality.  The terse between you and  your cousin over a girl from your past suggests that you are experiencing a familiar sexual frustration.  The snake biting  you is a warning from your subconscious mind to your awakened conscious mind.  You would do well to heed the warning.   The killing of the snake symbolizes your ability to overcome the obvious sexual tension in the room (of your mind) and the injury was blunted by the fact you are married.

I would consider all relationships you have and how they might interplay with this dream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill

Interesting. I see your dream as an indication of your sense of justice and your sense of self-confidence. You describe your cousin’s behavior as going against social norms, whereas the woman’s behavior is passive. The next female is a woman of authority, a female paramedic in control of a potentially dangerous situation.

You guided the dream to a positive outcome: rather than run away from a threatening situation, you got up from the couch and ran toward the danger, mirroring the behavior of the two female figures in your dream (switching from passive to aggressive).

The conveniently-placed snake tongs, the sudden arrival of the paramedics, and the minor reaction to the snakebite appear to me to be signs of self-confidence. Your knew instinctively that you were in charge of the situation.

 I always enjoy your stories, preacherman76!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.