Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oak Island Solved

Hermai

On 6/28/2020 at 9:08 AM, Hermai said:

For me at least. Essentially Rosicrucians collaborated to write Shakespeare and encoded a treasuremap within his works which reveals that the Ark of the Covenant is buried on Oak Island. It sounds crazy. You think I’m crazy. I promise it’s not.

That host is actively rude.

Hang about.... someone who did his doctorate on Shakespeare didn’t know there was a huge painting OF THAT VERY PLAY in a town nearby to Atratford? b******s.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, Timothy said:

I’m going to have to take a hard pass on this one.

Wackjob believers always say that they were skeptical to start with, but really they’re usually more open and susceptible to woo and want to believe so much that they fall victim of it. 

Seems fairly silly to attempt to have an opinion on something’s veracity without actually having first hand knowledge of said thing.

I’d say watch an entertaining, free, and short documentary and thus earn the right to say it’s all nonense and Amundsen is a crackpot. Alternatively, opt not to engage with the components of Amundsen’s theory, in which case you lack the ability to make any sort of meaningful contribution to the discussion.

Engage with the primary sources. It’s really not that complicated and makes whatever you have to say on the subject actually valuable. 

Edited by Hermai

9 hours ago, Hermai said:

Seems fairly silly to attempt to have an opinion on something’s veracity without actually having first hand knowledge of said thing.

I’d say watch an entertaining, free, and short documentary and thus earn the right to say it’s all nonense and Amundsen is a crackpot. Alternatively, opt not to engage with the components of Amundsen’s theory, in which case you lack the ability to make any sort of meaningful contribution to the discussion.

Engage with the primary sources. It’s really not that complicated and makes whatever you have to say on the subject actually valuable. 

Present the info here instead of just posting links. Oak Island is interesting, but 99% of this kind of thing is a waste of time. 

So if you think it’s actually compelling, post the info here and your reasoning.

You’ve made no meaningful contribution at all, and you’re the OP. Others will add some if you do. 
You can tell by all of the replies that I’m not the only one with this sentiment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to have to caveat this with wine; as in, it has been consumed. 

Now, I haven’t bothered watching the linked video, but I have read the entire book as it was first published, in its original language, and, side note to those who said it was self-published: it was not. It was actually (shadow-)written by a reputable author, published by a reputable publisher, though not peer reviewed. It’s just a book publisher, like any other book publisher.

I can’t be bothered to engage with the material linked, because my copy of the book he wrote has not been returned, but when I’m finished moving, I can make a decent attempt at the same kind of logic he used to prove, well, anything, as soon as I get my copy of the first folio facsimilie back. And all with a pencil, an eraser, and one of those half-circle rulers. I lost my right angle ruler on the subway, I think, so I’ll have to make do... 

TL;DR: no. 

Also, as this is a subject I actually know, I should probably leave a more comprehensive reply, but that shall have to be after a night’s sleep.

Edit: Also#2: it’s Petter with two T’s. Makes googling easier when you’ve got the name right, for those who are interested. 

Edited by Temeraire

Has this guy approach Rick and Marty?    They listen to all theories.  

Still haven't found anything though.   

On 6/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, Hermai said:

For me at least. Essentially Rosicrucians collaborated to write Shakespeare and encoded a treasuremap within his works which reveals that the Ark of the Covenant is buried on Oak Island. It sounds crazy. You think I’m crazy. I promise it’s not.

OK, I watch some and skimmed through the rest.   It seemed to me that he just found what he wanted to find.   I don't think he found a code at all.