Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taliban paid to kill Coalition Soldiers

Grim Reaper 6

@Captain Risky @and thenBreaking news this morning, it is being reported that the Taliban are being paid bounties to kill Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan. The Coalition consists of Soldiers from many countries see the link listed below. A Russian military unit secretly sought to offer rewards to Taliban-linked militants to incentivize them to hunt and kill coalition forces in Afghanistan as the Trump administration engaged in peace talks to end the nearly two-decade long war, U.S. intelligence officials have reportedly concluded. President Trump and other intelligence officials on the National Security Council reportedly discussed the matter in a meeting in late March, where they weighed a series of potential responses. However, no formal steps have been made, the Times reported. ( Note --- President Trump and Vice President Pence say they were not Briefed on this Situation

Some officials theorized the efforts could be to destabilize the West or take revenge for pro-Syria forces being killed when advancing on an American outpost in 2018, or keep the U.S. tied up in a war in Afghanistan by thwarting peace talks, according to the Times. The Kremlin has not officially commented on the reports, saying that they will do so if they see the U.S. make accusations. The Department of Defense and CIA declined to comment on the Times story. NSC and the State Department also declined to comment. The officials described the intelligence to the Times as a “closely held secret,” but the small group with knowledge of the covert attack expanded this week after the British government, which was also targeted, was briefed on the matter.

The officials also told the Times they are unclear how high up orders went in the Russian government, but said it appears to be part of Russia’s military intelligence agency, the G.R.U., known as Unit 29155.This unit reportedly is filled with highly experienced military officials, some dating back to the Soviet Union days, and their actions tend to be more violent than actions like cyberattacks. The unit is believed to be behind the poisoning of Sergei Skripal, a former G.R.U. officer who defected. Skripal and his daughter were poisoned with a nerve agent in England in 2018. 

According to NATO, there are 15,937 Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan  as of June 2020, of which 8,000 are American Soldiers, 1300 are German Soldiers, 950 are UK Soldiers, along with Soldiers from many other Nations.

Below is the Breaking News outlining Russia's involvement in putting bounties on the head of Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounty-to-kill-uk-soldiers

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/06/report-russia-paid-taliban-bounties-for-killing-us-troops/

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/504770-russian-intelligence-unit-offered-bounties-for-killing-coalition

Here is a link that identifies the Coalition forces currently in Afghanistan as of June 2020 according to NATO:

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/2020/6/pdf/2020-06-RSM-Placemat.pdf

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

That's just plain disturbing if true :(

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

or take revenge for pro-Syria forces being killed when advancing on an American outpost in 2018

Humiliation would be a good motivation for Russia.  If the reports were accurate, Russian mercenary group Wagner got absolutely gutted.  A couple of hundred or more.  It wouldn't surprise me that Russia wants to cause us a headache for as long as possible.  China would do the same.  Trump needs to let Americans know what efforts he's making to get the troops home and also, what the obstacles are.  If the choice was mine, I'd escalate the level of violence to the point where the Taliboys start thinking that maybe slow-rolling America isn't in their best interests.  We're bound to have tech assets that would allow us to ID vulnerable infrastructure, supply caches and any other cash-producing assets the Taliban depend on.  POUND THEM.  Keep pounding them and refuse to negotiate for a few more months.

If there is proof that Putin or his advisers are involved in the deaths of U.S. personnel, call him out publicly and go absolutely ROMAN with more sanctions.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Well there is little doubt that it isn't true, the Russians aren't even denying it. To they would place a bounty on our soldiers like you would on an a animal. This situation was first reported to the US apparently in sometime in March 2020, and I can understand why nothing has been said about until now, but worst of all why nothing has been done about if it true, and like I said no country is denying it, so it must be true.

Peace

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Big Power struggles are ugly.  If this info is accurate then Russia needs to be convinced that it is no longer in their best interest to pursue this course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well there is little doubt that it isn't true, the Russians aren't even denying it. To they would place a bounty on our soldiers like you would on an a animal. This situation was first reported to the US apparently in sometime in March 2020, and I can understand why nothing has been said about until now, but worst of all why nothing has been done about if it true, and like I said no country is denying it, so it must be true.

Peace

I hear you. Seriously, Russia should pay dearly for this. If all countries involved stick together there must be something they can do to retaliate and retaliate good ! 
It's time Putin gets to be "putin" his place :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Big Power struggles are ugly.  If this info is accurate then Russia needs to be convinced that it is no longer in their best interest to pursue this course.

Agreed ! 

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Humiliation would be a good motivation for Russia.  If the reports were accurate, Russian mercenary group Wagner got absolutely gutted.  A couple of hundred or more.  It wouldn't surprise me that Russia wants to cause us a headache for as long as possible.  China would do the same.  Trump needs to let Americans know what efforts he's making to get the troops home and also, what the obstacles are.  If the choice was mine, I'd escalate the level of violence to the point where the Taliboys start thinking that maybe slow-rolling America isn't in their best interests.  We're bound to have tech assets that would allow us to ID vulnerable infrastructure, supply caches and any other cash-producing assets the Taliban depend on.  POUND THEM.  Keep pounding them and refuse to negotiate for a few more months.

If there is proof that Putin or his advisers are involved in the deaths of U.S. personnel, call him out publicly and go absolutely ROMAN with more sanctions.  

Right there, in bolded letters, you let the kat outta the bag. If Russia's end game is to kick America outta the Middle East and Central Asia its not for the benefit of America but Russia. Russia then moves right in like in Syria and Libya.

Thanks for clarifying that Trump is the most most anti-American president and is doing Russia's bidding. :tu:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I agree with your assessment, to just bomb them back into the stone age until they beg us to leave. But, there is little doubt that Russia was involved and that they were offering bounties on Coalition forces. I don't think sanctions are the answer, I think a new strategy is needed where a show of force is made to answer for their actions, this could be done in Syria or any other place where Russian Soldiers are currently deployed. In a situation like this, we can not let this situation go unanswered, or only by placing sanctions on them. To put a bounty on Coalition Soldiers like they are some kind of Animals, and it is beyond anything I have ever heard of in my entire life. If this isn't answered with force they will not hesitate to do it again, because not to use force is a major sign of weakness which they will exploit. 

Peace

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with your assessment, to just bomb them back into the stone age until they beg us to leave. But, there is little doubt that Russia was involved and that they were offering bounties on Coalition forces. I don't think sanctions are the answer, I think a new strategy is needed where a show of force is made to answer for their actions, this could be done in Syria or any other place where Russian Soldiers are currently deployed. In a situation like this, we can not let this situation go unanswered, or only by placing sanctions on them. To put a bounty on Coalition Soldiers like they are some kind of Animals, and it is beyond anything I have ever heard of in my entire life. If this isn't answered with force they will not hesitate to do it again, because not to use force is a major sign of weakness which they will exploit. 

Peace

Maybe next time when The United States intercepts Russian bombers and fighter jets off the coast of Alaska just friggin shoot them down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Right there, in bolded letters, you let the kat outta the bag. If Russia's end game is to kick America outta the Middle East and Central Asia its not for the benefit of America but Russia. Russia then moves right in like in Syria and Libya.

Thanks for clarifying that Trump is the most most anti-American president and is doing Russia's bidding. :tu:

Hey dude check out the NATO Link in the OP, it outlines all the Countries who have soldiers in Afghanistan, and according to that link Australia has 200 soldiers in Afghanistan right now, so it appears that the bounties also included them, since they are listed as Coalition Forces.

Peace

• Like 1

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Hey dude check out the NATO Link in the OP, it outlines all the Countries who have soldiers in Afghanistan, and according to that link Australia has 200 soldiers in Afghanistan right now, so it appears that the bounties also included them, since they are listed as Coalition Forces.

Peace

I know. My country unfortunately has tied itself to America no matter the current traitorous idiot that is currently in charge. If i was Prime Minister id take all Australian troops out of harms way, especially from Trump.Who lets face it is just if not more dangerous than the taliban.  All i can say is thank Christ for Biden and calling Trump out for being a Russian stooge.

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Biden-slams-Trump-over-reported-bounties-placed-on-US-troops-571524261.html?ref=261

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Maybe next time when The United States intercepts Russian bombers and fighter jets off the coast of Alaska just friggin shoot them down.

Not with Trump is charge. The Russian pilots would probably get a golf holiday at Mar a lago, at the expense of the America tax payer. 

• Haha 2

Russian spokespeople are denying it.  Maybe they will maintain that it was rogue elements that will be severely punished.

The top US administration, President and Vice President say they have not been briefed.  Pretty ineffective administration if they have not told the top guys since March.  

Top of Russian Government denies knowledge.  Top of US Government denies knowledge. 

They would both like to let this ugly situation just fade away.

We may not have long to wait.  Care to take bets that this will be played as innocence and ignorance from both sides and that President Trump will promise to sternly ask President Putin when he invites him to the G7 summit?

• Like 4

@DarkHunter @Piney @third_eye Hey guys thought you may be interested in this thread. This is some crazy chit!!!

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

President Trump and other intelligence officials on the National Security Council reportedly discussed the matter in a meeting in late March, where they weighed a series of potential responses. However, no formal steps have been made, the Times reported. ( Note --- President Trump and Vice President Pence say they were not Briefed on this Situation ) 

If trump discussed the matter in a meeting in late March, how can he say now that he was not briefed about this ?

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Russian spokespeople are denying it.  Maybe they will maintain that it was rogue elements that will be severely punished.

The top US administration, President and Vice President say they have not been briefed.  Pretty ineffective administration if they have not told the top guys since March.  

Top of Russian Government denies knowledge.  Top of US Government denies knowledge. 

They would both like to let this ugly situation just fade away.

We may not have long to wait.  Care to take bets that this will be played as innocence and ignorance from both sides and that President Trump will promise to sternly ask President Putin when he invites him to the G7 summit?

I hope your wrong, but sadly it could certainly turn out that way. If it does, our Government is through so far as the world is concerned. I mean who will be able to take our Leadership seriously if we allow any Country to put a Bounty on the heads of our Soldiers, I mean how do you think our Soldiers currently feel, since nothing has been done about it up to this point.:no: Hopefully our Nations will not lets this go, and that my shame our Leadership into action. Did you see the link above, that I posted, it lists all the countries with troops deployed as part of this coalition, if you haven't check it.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

If trump discussed the matter in a meeting in late March, how can he say now that he was not briefed about this ?

I have no idea, but I am certain he will come up with something to cover his asss.

Peace

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

How can he say nobody could have predicted the pandemic when President Obama made a speech about being prepared for that very thing?  He is hoping enough voters have short memories or will not challenge him..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

@DarkHunter @Piney @third_eye Hey guys thought you may be interested in this thread. This is some crazy chit!!!

Peace

I saw it. There's nothing to discuss.

They Taliban should of been wiped out using tactics preying on their religious superstitions a long time ago.

I would of had every captured fighter sodomized and would been throwing pork products everywhere.

First rule of warfare FEAR. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I saw it. There's nothing to discuss.

They Taliban should of been wiped out using tactics preying on their religious superstitions a long time ago.

I would of had every captured fighter sodomized and would been throwing pork products everywhere.

First rule of warfare FEAR. 

Wow, you are wilder than me dude!:D

Peace 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just curious, aren't coalition soldiers paid to kill Taliban "soldiers" too? 

~

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

If this isn't answered with force they will not hesitate to do it again, because not to use force is a major sign of weakness which they will exploit. 

It's a tricky, dangerous calculation and let's face it, no matter what he chooses to do, it will be attacked publicly.  We have not had Russian forces attacking our people and I've heard nothing about any significant increase in U.S. casualties.  Putin is not the alpha predator he likes to pretend he is, but pushing him publicly and humiliating HIM in front of his people could cause him to miscalculate.  

• Like 1

During the George H.W. Bush administration, the US supplied arms to the Mujahideen, who were fighting the Russians.

The Mujahideen later renamed themselves Taliban.

During the George W. Bush administration, the US went to war against the Taliban.

And now, the Russians are paying the Taliban, their former enemies, to fight the US and Coalition troops.

We live in interesting times.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow, you are wilder than me dude!:D

No, when it comes to fighting I have a bad case of Japanese pragmatism, understand there is no rules and play to win.

Which is why I never lost a duel. 

• Like 1