Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taliban paid to kill Coalition Soldiers

Grim Reaper 6

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, when it comes to fighting I have a bad case of Japanese pragmatism, understand there is no rules and play to win.

Which is why I never lost a duel. 

I understand very well that there are rules in fighting, I mean I have lived by that all my life, but to me there is no playing, just winning where anything go's!!!!!!:D

Peace

20 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just curious, aren't coalition soldiers paid to kill Taliban "soldiers" too? 

~

Well yes coalition soldiers are paid a monthly wage for their service, not for how many in this case Taliban they kill, if US Soldiers were paid a bounty in addition to their normal wages like the Taliban are, the Taliban would almost be extinct by now. Now, putting a bounty on the heads of soldiers, is the same as putting a bounty an animal. This bounty is being paid in addition to a Taliban soldiers normally paid. Maybe not to you, but to me paying bounty is very wrong and it certainly doesnt compare to wages that soldiers are paid to support their families. But, now that this has been released, many more Taliban are going to die, bounty or not. I mean just knowing your being hunted is enough to kill every Taliban or suspected Taliban you see, I mean why take any chances.

Peace

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

A Russian military unit secretly sought to offer rewards to Taliban-linked militants

i would think the Russians would be good at keeping secrets!? seems not

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I hear you. Seriously, Russia should pay dearly for this. If all countries involved stick together there must be something they can do to retaliate and retaliate good ! 
It's time Putin gets to be "putin" his place :P 

I don't disagree ever with a hard done on Russia. But as often is difficult is the details.

What response would you suggest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well yes coalition soldiers are paid a monthly wage for their service, not for how many in this case Taliban they kill, if US Soldiers were paid a bounty in addition to their normal wages like the Taliban are, the Taliban would almost be extinct by now.

I'm not sure that the Taliban are paid "wages" to start with... 

Anyways... There's bounties worth millions for American soldiers to shoot for 

~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simplybill said:

During the George H.W. Bush administration, the US supplied arms to the Mujahideen, who were fighting the Russians.

The Mujahideen later renamed themselves Taliban.

During the George W. Bush administration, the US went to war against the Taliban.

And now, the Russians are paying the Taliban, their former enemies, to fight the US and Coalition troops.

We live in interesting times.

Actually no different.  

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well there is little doubt that it isn't true, the Russians aren't even denying it. To they would place a bounty on our soldiers like you would on an a animal. This situation was first reported to the US apparently in sometime in March 2020, and I can understand why nothing has been said about until now, but worst of all why nothing has been done about if it true, and like I said no country is denying it, so it must be true.

Peace

They sent a chiding tweet. More info at Stars and Stripes.

https://www.stripes.com/russian-operation-targeted-coalition-troops-in-afghanistan-intelligence-finds-1.635435

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I saw it. There's nothing to discuss.

They Taliban should of been wiped out using tactics preying on their religious superstitions a long time ago.

I would of had every captured fighter sodomized and would been throwing pork products everywhere.

First rule of warfare FEAR. 

I think the American military were running psyop operations in Iraq and A'stan. Not sure if they're were up to your standards but they certainly had the same desired out come. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Yea, I would think so too, one thing that isn't being talked about is where the information came from, at this point it isn't clear. maybe it will come out later after all he smoke clears.

Peace

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Maybe it was the taliban who let the cat out of the bag.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

I am not clear which ones your talking about could you post a link for them.

Peace and Thanks

5 minutes ago, micahc said:

That's a great Video, and I doubt it will be the last one on this subject.

Peace

• Like 2

I am rather surprised that claims of fake news have not been more prominent.  Maybe Twitter will overflow tonight.

This is  another big piece of bad news before election time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

I am rather surprised that claims of fake news have not been more prominent.  Maybe Twitter will overflow tonight.

This is  another big piece of bad news before election time.

the russian senate, I mean the GOP Senate has said nothing. They are on Putin's payroll.  That is proven.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe it was the taliban who let the cat out of the bag.

@Dejarma  Apparently the information about the bounties came from interrogations of captured Taliban fighters and from arrested criminals. This looks like it is going to be an ugly situation or the Trump Administration, sooner or later they are going to have to explain what happened, because this isn't going away, Biden is already using in Campaign Speaches. If it turns out to be true that Trump and Pence are not being honest about what is going on, its going to get ugly.

Peace 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not clear which ones your talking about could you post a link for them.

Peace and Thanks

Never mind 

~

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't disagree ever with a hard done on Russia. But as often is difficult is the details.

What response would you suggest?

Whatever, response that is used must be strong and too the point, sanctions are certainly not the answer, it must be some form of Military response. If nothing is accomplish very soon it will make our Nation look very weak, not only in the eyes of Russia, but also in the eyes of the entire world. A situation like this can not be allowed to just pass, President Trump needs to do something about this, hopefully his relationship with Putin will not effect it.

Peace

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Never mind 

~

Seriously man, I am not playing dumb, I really am unaware of the situation your talking about. I know in Iraq the US offered money for information leading to the capture of high ranking Iraqis after the invasion of Iraq. But I am unaware of anything like that happening in Afghanistan, if you know something about this please send me a PM, I really am interested in what you are talking about.

Oh and by the way was Nirvana involved in this, because Never Mind was their second album!!!!!:D

Peace thanks Brother

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh and by the way was Nirvana involved in this, because Never Mind was their second album!!!!!:D

Seriously, never mind... 

Don't care all that much about nirvana the band either... 

~

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Here is an article that talks about the Afghan Security Forces payments compared to the Payment of Taliban Soldiers, so I guess they are paid.

https://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/09/taliban-pay-vs-afghan-forces-pay/

Peace 

This seems like a plan to make taliban look good so that usa could withdraw and continue peace talks. Let's blame Russia. 

• Confused 1

Well Biden is tearing into Trump for not doing anything about Bounties placed on US Soldiers by Russia, man this only the beginning, the President is going to have to make a statement about this soon, with Biden on the attack about it, President Trump can't  keep avoiding the situation,.

Biden Criticizes Trump for not action on the situation of the Bounties placed on US Troops by Russia, see link below:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/biden-criticizes-trump-over-intelligence-on-russian-bounties-on-us-troops/ar-BB163ek4?ocid=spartanntp

Peace

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kartikg said:

This seems like a plan to make taliban look good so that usa could withdraw and continue peace talks. Let's blame Russia. 

Don't really see you point, how does this make the Taliban look good, and how do you know that some of the recent US Deaths were not part of this bounty program.

Peace

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here is an article that talks about the Afghan Security Forces payments compared to the Payment of Taliban Soldiers, so I guess they are paid.

They are said to have pay, it doesn't really say they were paid. 

Also the mujahideen were also said to have been paid for fighting the Russians, even invited to the White House... 

The "liberated" Afghan nation couldn't pay either, so no more mujahideen, now becomes taliban

Screwed left, right and centre 

~

• Like 2