Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taliban paid to kill Coalition Soldiers

Grim Reaper 6

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

They are said to have pay, it doesn't really say they were paid. 

Also the mujahideen were also said to have been paid for fighting the Russians, even invited to the White House... 

The "liberated" Afghan nation couldn't pay either, so no more mujahideen, now becomes taliban

Screwed left, right and centre 

~

That's a fair point, and I know these are religious extremists , but they have to be paid something, how can they support their family's if they aren't paid.

Is this what you were talking about when you said the US was also  offering bounties, because I knew about this.

https://www.therichest.com/the-biggest/top-10-highest-bounties-offered-for-wanted-terrorists/

Peace

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

This is  another big piece of bad news before election time.

Is it?  I haven't been able to find any pieces that are claiming a spike in casualties that might be related to this mercenary scheme.  I keep telling you guys... the media don't have the power they did in 2016.  The sheer volume of frantic, negative reporting that very often is short on factual basis has burned the credibility of the media.  Trump may need a miracle to win but I've learned to never count him out.

If the civil unrest that is being fomented by Marxist BLM continues or expands, especially if Biden continues to be a no-show, enough Americans may be keen to have ANYONE who is trying to impose law and order.  Time will tell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Is this what you were talking about when you said the US was also  offering bounties, because I knew about this.

Then you know that the "list" is much more than your link and there are also lists that are not disclosed without clearance. 

~

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Then you know that the "list" is much more than your link and there are also lists that are not disclosed without clearance. 

~

Yes I know that these lists exist, but most of these people are criminals, and I understand that the word criminal can certainly be interpreted differently by different people. While I do not know for certain that there are classified lists of people who the United States will pay money for their capture, if the lists are classified it kinda defeats the purpose of putting a bounty on them. Unless there are special organizations that have access to that classified information so that they can hunt them, now I am not saying that isn't possible, but I really know nothing about it and I have never heard it until you just brought it.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

1 hour ago, and then said:

Is it?  I haven't been able to find any pieces that are claiming a spike in casualties that might be related to this mercenary scheme.  I keep telling you guys... the media don't have the power they did in 2016.  The sheer volume of frantic, negative reporting that very often is short on factual basis has burned the credibility of the media.  Trump may need a miracle to win but I've learned to never count him out.

If the civil unrest that is being fomented by Marxist BLM continues or expands, especially if Biden continues to be a no-show, enough Americans may be keen to have ANYONE who is trying to impose law and order.  Time will tell.

Duncan there are 36 countries currently supporting the US Mission in Afghanistan, if they all are being targeted you would not see a spike in numbers, because when Soldiers are killed only US, UK, and German forces are reported by our media. I have never seen reports of casualties from any of the other countries supporting the US Mission. I also do not think this situation is made up by the media for the sole intent of discrediting President Trump. I believe that Putin cant be trusted and neither can his Security Forces. I believe they did this for the sole purpose of disrupting negotiations between the US and the Taliban, it has already been proven that the Russians were suppling weapons to the Taliban, so this isn't a far stretch from that.

If it wasn't true, the White House would be openly denying it, but they are not, they are only saying that President Trump and VP Pence were never briefed about any of it. Now if you believe that something of this nature would not have been brought to the Presidents attention, I have Some Ocean Front Property in Arizona I will sell you for pennies on the dollar. My only question is why didn't they report this to our Allies, the reason I say this is because the UK said they just learned about it like everyone else when this news story broke. I also don't understand why if this information was gathered in March, why no action was taken concerning Russia's involvement, I mean something like this can not be allowed to go unanswered, like it has. This makes our President and our country look very weak.

Now to your question about spikes in Casualties, this can be answered very easily our soldiers are better than those Camel Riding b******* in Afghanistan in all respects. We have better security, both Arial and Ground so there is no proof they haven't tried, and also you can count deaths from IED's which have taken the lives of some of our soldiers recently. I suspect over the next week things will become more clear, now one thing I did not mention, is where the information came from. The information was obtained by the Interrogation of Captured Taliban Insurgents, and from other criminals that support the Taliban. This is published in some of the links I provided in the OP.

Here is a link that show's all Troop Numbers that are currently supporting the US Mission in Afghanistan listed by their country of origin and dated Jun 2020.

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/2020/6/pdf/2020-06-RSM-Placemat.pdf#page=2

Peace Duncan  

Unless there are special organizations that have access to that classified information so that they can hunt them, now I am not saying that isn't possible, but I really know nothing about it and I have never heard it until you just brought it.

Like I said, never mind 

:yes:

~

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Captain Risky @and thenBreaking news this morning, it is being reported that the Taliban are being paid bounties to kill Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan. The Coalition consists of Soldiers from many countries see the link listed below. A Russian military unit secretly sought to offer rewards to Taliban-linked militants to incentivize them to hunt and kill coalition forces in Afghanistan as the Trump administration engaged in peace talks to end the nearly two-decade long war, U.S. intelligence officials have reportedly concluded. President Trump and other intelligence officials on the National Security Council reportedly discussed the matter in a meeting in late March, where they weighed a series of potential responses. However, no formal steps have been made, the Times reported. ( Note --- President Trump and Vice President Pence say they were not Briefed on this Situation

Some officials theorized the efforts could be to destabilize the West or take revenge for pro-Syria forces being killed when advancing on an American outpost in 2018, or keep the U.S. tied up in a war in Afghanistan by thwarting peace talks, according to the Times. The Kremlin has not officially commented on the reports, saying that they will do so if they see the U.S. make accusations. The Department of Defense and CIA declined to comment on the Times story. NSC and the State Department also declined to comment. The officials described the intelligence to the Times as a “closely held secret,” but the small group with knowledge of the covert attack expanded this week after the British government, which was also targeted, was briefed on the matter.

The officials also told the Times they are unclear how high up orders went in the Russian government, but said it appears to be part of Russia’s military intelligence agency, the G.R.U., known as Unit 29155.This unit reportedly is filled with highly experienced military officials, some dating back to the Soviet Union days, and their actions tend to be more violent than actions like cyberattacks. The unit is believed to be behind the poisoning of Sergei Skripal, a former G.R.U. officer who defected. Skripal and his daughter were poisoned with a nerve agent in England in 2018. 

According to NATO, there are 15,937 Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan  as of June 2020, of which 8,000 are American Soldiers, 1300 are German Soldiers, 950 are UK Soldiers, along with Soldiers from many other Nations.

Below is the Breaking News outlining Russia's involvement in putting bounties on the head of Coalition Soldiers in Afghanistan:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounty-to-kill-uk-soldiers

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/06/report-russia-paid-taliban-bounties-for-killing-us-troops/

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/504770-russian-intelligence-unit-offered-bounties-for-killing-coalition

Here is a link that identifies the Coalition forces currently in Afghanistan as of June 2020 according to NATO:

https://www.nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/2020/6/pdf/2020-06-RSM-Placemat.pdf

Peace

Several countries have proxy wars in Syria including the UK, USA, France, Russia, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. I dont get why people are so astonished to find out that the Russians have been funding one in Afghanistan. It goes both ways because we arent exactly innocent when it comes to indulging in this game ourselves.

I also dont get why Trump is under criticism for not tackling the Russian influence with the Taliban because there is pretty much nothing he could do about it. Those who think NATO is supreme have already been shown up once when Russia took the Crimea and there was nothing we could do about that either. Russia is a powerful country, it acts in its own national interest and that includes taking measures to secure its own geopolitical interest.

Sanctions on Russia wont work, the crux of its economy is oil and gas which unfortunately most EU countries cannot do without. Bearing in mind the Russians also have problems with Islamic terrorism it would have made more sense to bring them onboard during the War on Terror. Turning them into a partner rather than opponent would have got the job done a lot sooner too.

When the EU backed the coup in Ukraine favouring the pro-EU side they overlooked at how the Russian naval base in the Crimea is strategically important to Russia. Losing that base would have meant the loss of access to the Mediterranean. Instead of the annexation of Crimea the EU should have dropped its military superiority complex and said we will let Russia keep its Crimean naval base along with access to it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Like I said, never mind 

:yes:

~

Peace out Bro!! Soles talk about something really important you haven't posted an photos of dog man, you need to start a Status Update and post some photo's!!!!:D

Peace

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Don't really see you point, how does this make the Taliban look good, and how do you know that some of the recent US Deaths were not part of this bounty program.

Peace

It shows us that taliban are acting on behalf of Russia and if Russians stop funding them, they will stop attacking usa, taliban are innocent people who are being misled by Russians, this kind of argument could be made so that usa could continue negotiations with the terrorists and then even pay taliban not to attack usa soldiers, kind of protection money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

It shows us that taliban are acting on behalf of Russia and if Russians stop funding them, they will stop attacking usa, taliban are innocent people who are being misled by Russians, this kind of argument could be made so that usa could continue negotiations with the terrorists and then even pay taliban not to attack usa soldiers, kind of protection money. 

I don't know, maybe your right, time will certain tell us.

Peace

• Like 1

Peace out Bro!! Soles talk about something really important you haven't posted an photos of dog man, you need to start a Status Update and post some photo's!!!!:D

Peace

The boys are starting to get bored with the chasing all over the place, they've been laying around and not doing anything much, I don't like pictures of dogs laying down. 

:lol:

~

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I also don't understand why if this information was gathered in March, why no action was taken concerning Russia's involvement, I mean something like this can not be allowed to go unanswered, like it has. This makes our President and our country look very weak.

Just a couple of points... Trump is going to be attacked by the global media no matter what decision he takes, that's a given.  As to it making our country look weak, with the level of preparedness at all time highs, our adversaries aren't going to be lining up to attack us.

I've mentioned how I think he should respond.  What would your response be?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Biden Criticizes Trump for not action on the situation of the Bounties placed on US Troops by Russia,

Someone should ask Joe, how would you respond?  I mean, he wants to sit in the big chair so he should answer some questions, too.  I'm really not concerned with the politics around this.  A couple of years ago, our Air Force killed between 200 and 400 Russian mercenaries in Syria.  THAT was a humiliation for Putin.  That little man is always going to bide his time until he can sink the knife DEEP when it looks like someone disrespected him.  I guess I just don't see this petty action by Russia as being worthy of risking a wider conflict that could potentially go nuclear.  You pick your battles.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Well... the US done the same in the eighties against the Russian... disturbing but these kind of trades are going on for a long long time...

Yes, but was the head of the USSR sucking up to the current American presidents while the USSR was at war against mujaheddin, supported by the US? 

The question is not if the current fights in Afghanistan are more or less fair than they were, the question is why is current American president either willing to act like he didn't know Russia is at proxy war with the US in Afghanistan, either really didn't know. As it is usual with Trump, it's impossible to tell which option is worse. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, but was the head of the USSR sucking up to the current American presidents while the USSR was at war against mujaheddin, supported by the US? 

The question is not if the current fights in Afghanistan are more or less fair than they were, the question is why is current American president either willing to act like he didn't know Russia is at proxy war with the US in Afghanistan, either really didn't know. As it is usual with Trump, it's impossible to tell which option is worse. 

I don't thing the US and Russia have any real activities beside messing up each other plan... maybe we see some fancy lying from each side to ease tension but it's just a mud fight...

But the timing of this Russian interference in Afghanistan to turn attention of the blatant internal conflict in the Us is incredible !

Edited by Jon the frog

10 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

I don't thing the US and Russia have any real activities beside messing up each other plan... maybe we see some fancy lying from each side to ease tension but it's just a mud fight...

It wasn't Russian statement that they're paying bounty for American heads, it's info collected by American intelligence. So it is the fact, Russia's paying for American heads. No, it's not shocking. Their money, their problem. The shocking part is that the president of the US is trying to drag Russia into G7, while knowing they're directly responsible for more motivated killings of Americans (and allies). It's equally or even more shocking that there's the possibility Trump was oblivious of that information.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's equally or even more shocking that there's the possibility Trump was oblivious of that information.

By all accounts, Trump rarely reads his daily security briefing.  Maybe 1 in every 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, acute said:

By all accounts, Trump rarely reads his daily security briefing.  Maybe 1 in every 5.

I'm not convinced he can read. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't disagree ever with a hard done on Russia. But as often is difficult is the details.

What response would you suggest?

I agree, very difficult. Maybe start with taking down a Russian fighter jet when intercepted again, while they enter the Alaskan Air Defense Identification Zone ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

Well... the US done the same in the eighties against the Russian... disturbing but these kind of trades are going on for a long long time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

True, but that was a long time ago. Didn't did not start the cold war in the 80s ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm not convinced he can read.

I think they do a pictorial version for him, with photos, easy-to-follow speech bubbles, and drawings in black Sharpie.

;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

True, but that was a long time ago. Didn't did not start the cold war in the 80s ? 

The cold war was going on from WW2, but country melding with the doings of others is occurring all the time and for ages... it's not only a Russia vs US thing.

Just in the past 10 years, we have seen revolution and war started from exterior motives.The war in Syria started when they choose to pass their pipeline trough Syria and not Saudi Arabia. The revolution In Libya started when Qaddafi proposed a plan for ditching the CFA franc in Africa. Big countries always have the blood of others doing on their hands... and they bites each others *ss when they can.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, acute said:

I think they do a pictorial version for him, with photos, easy-to-follow speech bubbles, and drawings in black Sharpie.

;)

Can you imagine him trying to find Afghanistan on a map? 

And the word salad that would go with that? "I know maps, I've got the best maps, no s***hole maps... Obama! Turned the map upside-down! But I can hold it with one hand! Many people say maps seem so small in my gigantic hands. No one knew it's possible to read such a small map. Very small. Very, very small. Not like the map of Russia. Great map. We'll make our map great again..."   

Edited by Helen of Annoy
I had to self-censor the word s***hole, that is used by current American president, to the great satisfaction of parents who are trying to explain to their children it's unacceptable to use such language in public.
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I agree, very difficult. Maybe start with taking down a Russian fighter jet when intercepted again, while they enter the Alaskan Air Defense Identification Zone ?

I agree with that.

However I'm also pretty sure if he did that everyone who is know attacking him for this would be calling him a war monger.

• Thanks 1