Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TikTok (and other Chinese app) banned n India

spartan max2

This is a direct progression from the escalating border violence in my other thread. 

Personally I have no problem with this. It's basically CCP malware. 

TikTok has been banned in India, along with 58 other mostly Chinese apps, as tensions between the two countries continue.

TikTok, which is developed by Chinese company Bytedance, allows users to share short videos which are generally set to music. It has regularly denied allegations about its relationship with the Chinese government, publishing a blog post late last year in which it said its data centres are kept outside of China and that it is not subject to Chinese data law.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/tiktok-ban-india-china-wechat-uc-browser-a9591941.html

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is my other thread that lead to this one.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It has regularly denied allegations about its relationship with the Chinese government,

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:  

• Haha 2

Just now, OverSword said:

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:  

:innocent::innocent::innocent:

• Like 1

I love TikTok. It helped me and many others I know through this pandemic by putting a smile on our faces :)

• Like 1

I have been watching a lot of somebody.

Edited by Tatetopa
don't want to be a party poop.
  • Confused 1

And just like clockwork, not even page one of a thread about China and India relations and somehow it's about Trump :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And just like clockwork, not even page one of a thread about China and India relations and somehow it's about Trump

Edited by Tatetopa
withdrawn for propriety

:lol:  Someone's feelings were hurt :lol:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/07/tiktok-ban-china-usa-pompeo/

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said late Monday that the United States is considering banning Chinese social media apps, including TikTok, one of the world’s most popular online platforms.

And in case you were wondering why spying wasn't a problem until now, 

It also follows an underwhelming crowd at Trump’s rally in Tulsa that some blamed on a disruptive campaign led by TikTok users.

Of course, the prank with reserving tickets didn't cause Trump's neoConfederate rally crowd to be any smaller than it was by itself, it only pumped up his expectations :lol:  

Still, it's eating him alive so has to retaliate. By taking the freedom of app choice away from 30 million US users. Now, that's totalitarian. Out of personal vanity reasons to make it more pathetic. 

Is China spying? Certainly. But having access to cats, tits and butts and unfortunate falls videos is not spying. Let's hope there are no morons who actually do communicate the sensitive stuff using social networks. (Though there is one government in the world recently, expected to be so competent.)    

• Thanks 2

I'd worry more about them lobbing nukes in on the GPS coordinates of Huawei phones.

• Like 1

Highly possible it could act like Spy-ware.

CCP did this before in ROK, too.

• Like 4

Good Lord I hate Tik-Tok but banning it to spite the Chinese government? That’s crazy.