Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Chinese pandemic could hit us

zep73

A new strain of flu that has the potential to become pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

They say it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans - and needs close monitoring.

As it's new, people could have little or no immunity to the virus.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Oh Hooray!!  A new swine flu.  Just what we need :tu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Ohhh, new fear! new fear! Run around tearing your hair out! fear fear! Terror terror ! Cry!!! 

Alternatively give the middle finger to scare media that continually try to scare you with, undoubtedly, largely made up scare stories like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Better now when most everyone is already fighting a pandemic, what's another pandemic on top of a pandemic, better now than having another one hit and spread when nobody is looking... 

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I am stupid (its totally possible) but if this was serious and real, why aren't our "experts" like Fauci and co already working on a vaccine for the type then? They been watching this virus for years already.

Years.

No answer expected. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Maybe I am stupid (its totally possible) but if this was serious and real, why aren't our "experts" like Fauci and co already working on a vaccine for the type then? They been watching this virus for years already.

Years.

No answer expected. 

They actually already have a vaccine, President Trump discovered it by accident . He discovered that 1mm of Bleach, 1mm of Draino, 2mm of baking soda, 1 additional mm of any carbonated liquid shake well for two minutes and voila you are holding an oral form of the vaccine. Now according to the President it has been effectively tested on White Aides over the last 30 days, with no negative effects except for the fact that a small number them of have suddenly had teeth fall out, along with growing hair on their palms. But the President dismisses this as a set back, because according him you can shave your palms, and teeth can always be replaced with implants, so he feels that what he calls the Trump Buster, is ready for the general public.:tsu:

Peace

Like I said, no answer expected. 

None received.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 1:27 AM, Montmorency the Dog said:

Ohhh, new fear! new fear! Run around tearing your hair out! fear fear! Terror terror ! Cry!!! 

Alternatively give the middle finger to scare media that continually try to scare you with, undoubtedly, largely made up scare stories like this. 

It is a bit soon to hit us with another sensational scare disease.  But media does like to sell those commercials, capitalism at its finest.

No point in being  afraid, don't need to ignore it either.  Early notice  provides opportunity.  No doubt the medical community has known about this for a while, so maybe they can work on preparing.

Meanwhile, what a great way to kick-start our economy .  Stop trying to backfill the swamp  in with money and start spending it directly on the economy. To heck with bailing out cruise lines and let the airlines take care of themselves. Use the money to replenish the national stockpile of equipment.  Get contracts written and people working on masks, sterile gowns, surgical hats, gloves, syringes, ventilators all of the things we might need for another respiratory pandemic.  If this ain't the one, there will be one to come along soon enough.. Put up some extra general medical supplies for handling other illnesses if hospitals are overloaded.

Work on power and communication networks.  Upgrade schools so we can get rolling again without too many people getting sick, though some undoubtedly will.  I don't want to say wartime footing, but at least get the national infrastructure back up to snuff.  We are going to need a lot more than Starbucks, beauty salons, and avocado toast to climb back up where we should be.

Gather intelligence.  Somebody needs to watchdog the WHO and make sure they are out front doing their job.  We should not completely rely on them though.  Put our own teams back in the field so we are sure we are getting timely accurate information.  Have the task force operational.  Get cracking on airports.  If it is a mob scene again, we can be ready for it.  Be ready to take temperatures of deplaning passengers, Ideally airlines would be mandated to take temps of passengers  and either quarantine or refuse boarding altogether  Get them through and out.  Compared to all of the other things we do, we are not talking about a lot of money here to get some things going..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

This is not an answer but a question.  How do you know they aren't?  As for stupidity, I had not thought so, but I will defer to your judgement.

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Years.

No answer expected. 

Laziness. Why do today what your descendants can do tomorrow. Full flung get it while you can mentality. No immediate market + no immediate financial gain = laughable funds for research. When the going gets tough, the tough cut back on CDC's funds. Myopic politicians making myopic decisions. Pick your poison, or pick them all. But, they are all answers to your question.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Laziness. Why do today what your descendants can do tomorrow. Full flung get it while you can mentality. No immediate market + no immediate financial gain = laughable funds for research. When the going gets tough, the tough cut back on CDC's funds. Myopic politicians making myopic decisions. Pick your poison, or pick them all. But, they are all answers to your question.

Or profit.  No company is going to make a cure for a disease/pandemic that doesn't exit yet.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Or profit.  No company is going to make a cure for a disease/pandemic that doesn't exit yet.

Thanks for clarifying. :tu:

• Like 1

That's not going to stop any Chinese Pandemic though, look at America, blocked all flights from China but still the pandemic still became Chinese 

~

• Like 1

Many people have had swine flu and not realized it. The swine flu, H1N1 symptoms are flu like symptoms with simultaneous tummy bug symptoms.  It was hyped for drug sales that did not really transpire, so the drug companies gave up. It is still around but rarely deadly.

This news story, I currently view as a journalist grasping at stories that peak our interest and nothing more.

I  could be wrong, but I don't think this is going to eventuate into anything.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kismit said:

This news story, I currently view as a journalist grasping at stories that peak our interest and nothing more.

This is how I see it when I read about this a couple days ago. Pigs are so similar to humans in physiology that at any time they harbor potential infectious potentials. This specific one they have known about for years now, so why report now except to fill some reporting space? There is nothing the average person can do about it and it is nothing atm anyway. 

• Like 3

It has traits of H1N1 which we already have an vaccine for. Either that or an vaccine for this one can be created quickly by modelling off the former. This probably won't be as bad as COVID-19.

Plus ironically lock down might be the best outcome. Most of us are being virus safe and not traveling or interacting with others unless absolutely necessary.

Lets pray though this isn't as bad or even worst never the less.

Edited by MysteryMike

Alright I get it already Mother Nature.