Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China forcefully sterilizing Uighur Women

spartan max2

12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Reeducation camps or concentration camps designed for the genocide of the Uighur? 

~

You have to idea, the reports here in Chinese says the foreign press admitted their mistake about reeducation facilities are not jails. 

~

Little Adrian visited xinjiang once as a tourist and is now your expert about Sino affairs. 

Good luck with that 

~

I wonder how many people called the Jews fleeing the Holocaust liers :sm.

I bet it's the same amount of people who act like the escapees now just make stuff up for "misinformation". 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I wonder how many people called the Jews fleeing the Holocaust liers :sm.

Your have no idea, those turned away in the early days by your government went to China instead. 

~

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

But the same amount of people who act like the escapees now just make stuff up for "misinformation". 

You don't even know the made up from the make up. 

~

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

And yet you rail at Hong Kong.  The Chinese government would tell you these are lawless rioters defying police,  breaking glass, looting, and burning buildings  Is it different there than here?  You want people in your city breaking glass, looting, defying police  and demanding freedom? 

The difference being that these people in HK are losing freedoms they already have because of decrees from the mainland while the people in America are fighting something more abstract as there are zero laws on the books favoring one race over another race in the USA.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You have to idea, the reports here in Chinese says the foreign press admitted their mistake about reeducation facilities are not jails.

Oh yeah.  Our bad.  What delusional person would consider this any kind of jail?  They're in school :gun:

5d9c3be7a4107d44763b43f5?width=1100&form

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh yeah.  Our bad.  What delusional person would consider this any kind of jail?  They're in school

You should've posted a picture of the Simpsons playing golf... 

~

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You can love America enough to want the benefits and beautiful truth of our Constitution and Bill of Rights to apply to all of our citizens.

And I believe that already exists today. You can always find individual cases of bad behavior from individuals of all ethnic groups if that is what you want to focus on. And stirring up a sense of disunity and dissatisfaction in the country will probably increase the type of incidents you are calling out. Promoting unity and then addressing individual acts of wrong behavior is the way to harmony. The proper laws are in place.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Also guy, the partisan ship is pretty dumb.

I've seen liberals and conservatives both pretty upset about what's going on.

The Hong Kong and Uighur bills both passed unanimously. 

Acting like it's a one party thing is out of touch.

@papageorge1 , @Tatetopa

my quoted comment was actually targeted towards you guys.

This truly isn't a partisan issue you guys don't need to fight about it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

@papageorge1 , @Tatetopa

Right we lost track of China and the Uighurs at some point. I'll save it for another thread. Who'd think politics could get huffy so fast? 

• Thanks 2

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Right we lost track of China and the Uighurs at some point. I'll save it for another thread. Who'd think politics could get huffy so fast? 

Oh politics always does haha.

But thank you :tu:

44 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You should've posted a picture of the Simpsons playing golf... 

~

That is also easily done.  Uighur's in prison camps, Simpsons playing golf.  Plenty of examples of both available on Google.

simpsonscover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You are right it is not.  Taken at face value it is a question of our beliefs about how people should be treated wherever they might be,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Are you saying that if Muslims were being sterilized in Canada the people that are against it here wouldn't care?  

More that you've got folks from Ann Coulter to just racist internet people who scream about how Muslims are horrible, need to be kept out of the country, prevented from spreading their culture, and so on and so forth, also tend to be rather bombastic towards Chinese atrocities despite the fact you think this is something they'd have common ground based on their mutually shared animosity towards Muslims. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

More that you've got folks from Ann Coulter to just racist internet people who scream about how Muslims are horrible, need to be kept out of the country, prevented from spreading their culture, and so on and so forth, also tend to be rather bombastic towards Chinese atrocities despite the fact you think this is something they'd have common ground based on their mutually shared animosity towards Muslims. 

Do you really believe that someone like Ann Coulter wants to force Muslims to have abortions or get sterilized? I believe her point might be that some cultures do not assimilate into the country they live in, and try to keep their rituals and traditions which are often antithetical to Western ideals.

The Dali Lama said the same thing about Muslims living in their own countries with their own cultures. I'm pretty sure he's anti violence towards anyone.

Uighur's are from China, that is where their culture is. What is not a well known fact is that the Chinese Government (the CCP) is dominated by the majority ethnic group of China and suppresses the multiple minority cultures and ethnic groups in China.

Chinese Ethnic Groups. As a large united multi-national state, China is composed of 56 ethnic groups. Among them Han Chinese account for 91.59% of the overall Chinese population and the other 55 make up the remaining 8.41% according to the Fifth National Population Census of 2000

link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Live in your fantasy anti-American world.  

Their hate for America disgusts me.  If they feel that much is wrong then they should pack and go.  They won't of course, because they're too cowardly to do so.  Let them CHOKE ON IT instead.  Good riddance...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do you really believe that someone like Ann Coulter wants to force Muslims to have abortions or get sterilized? I believe her point might be that some cultures do not assimilate into the country they live in, and try to keep their rituals and traditions which are often antithetical to Western ideals.

The Dali Lama said the same thing about Muslims living in their own countries with their own cultures. I'm pretty sure he's anti violence towards anyone.

Uighur's are from China, that is where their culture is. What is not a well known fact is that the Chinese Government (the CCP) is dominated by the majority ethnic group of China and suppresses the multiple minority cultures and ethnic groups in China.

link

I think that the far right, alt right, and general islamophobes would applaud such things if they had the chance to do it. The basic thing I'm aiming for is 'why would you lot be disgusted by this, its exactly the sort of thing you've been trying to build to since 2001'? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I think that the far right, alt right, and general islamophobes would applaud such things if they had the chance to do it. The basic thing I'm aiming for is 'why would you lot be disgusted by this, its exactly the sort of thing you've been trying to build to since 2001'? 

That is so disingenuous I can't take it seriously. Not a single person anywhere wants anyone treated this way in their own country. Except the commies of course

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Hugh Mungus said:

That is so disingenuous I can't take it seriously. Not a single person anywhere wants anyone treated this way in their own country. Except the commies of course

Truly? Hm, that's curious, because there's an awful lot of trump supporters who are just fine with tearing families apart on the southern border just to scare minorities...Curious, that, perhaps they just don't watch the news very often? Then again, they generally should find it hard to ignore the BLM protests, but given the amount of grumbling I've seen from the right, they seem just fine with how blacks are treated in this country.

So based on their rhetoric towards muslims, why should I expect anything other then them being okay with mistreating them? They're fine with mistreatment of every other group they dislike. 

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

why should I expect anything other then them being okay with mistreating them?

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that any Conservative cares what you "like".  You should probably pull your head out of your ass and look at what your political brethren are doing in states all over this nation.  Pretty sure you're simpatico with all of that though, huh?  

23 minutes ago, and then said:

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that any Conservative cares what you "like".  You should probably pull your head out of your ass and look at what your political brethren are doing in states all over this nation.  Pretty sure you're simpatico with all of that though, huh?  

If the current iteration of the american conservative cared about what was right, they wouldn't be part of that group. 

Edit: Well there is the lincoln project and Mitt Romney. That's about it, a handful of people making ads, and a guy who believes in magic underpants. 

Edited by Autochthon1990
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah, yeah. Racist internet, insert right wing sensationalism and accuse unwoke cookie cutter people of all being identical and not having their own opinions or original thoughts despite being on the planet five or six decades.  

I think the real issue is a very repressive regime projecting more and more influence into the world and their actions should be of concern to anyone with a brain. Not saying USA is saintly but at least independence is supposed to be part of our basic philosophy.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, yeah. Racist internet, insert right wing sensationalism and accuse unwoke cookie cutter people of all being identical and not having their own opinions or original thoughts despite being on the planet five or six decades.  

I think the real issue is a very repressive regime projecting more and more influence into the world and their actions should be of concern to anyone with a brain. Not saying USA is saintly but at least independence is supposed to be part of our basic philosophy.  

Yeah you're free to be whoever you want, unless you're Gay, Black, Mexican, a jew outside of two specific places, an Amerindian, not christian, not the RIGHT kind of christian.

Look, here's the thing. You can treat minorities like crap and consider record poverty the cost of the free market, or you can be outraged by china, but you cannot do both without being a huge hypocrite. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah you're free to be whoever you want, unless you're Gay, Black, Mexican, a jew outside of two specific places, an Amerindian, not christian, not the RIGHT kind of christian.

Look, here's the thing. You can treat minorities like crap and consider record poverty the cost of the free market, or you can be outraged by china, but you cannot do both without being a huge hypocrite. 

So are liberals allowed to be upset about China forcefully sterilizing women? :rolleyes:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Depends on if they're dicks to the aforementioned minorities, and look the other way on those not fortunate to be in the one percent suffering. It's easy to whine about China, and they are a problem, but what fries me is when conservatives in this country flip out over that but refuse to take a peek at similar issues that we can actually do stuff about without dropping bombs on Beijing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Depends on if they're dicks to the aforementioned minorities, and look the other way on those not fortunate to be in the one percent suffering. It's easy to whine about China, and they are a problem, but what fries me is when conservatives in this country flip out over that but refuse to take a peek at similar issues that we can actually do stuff about without dropping bombs on Beijing. 

There has been growing animosity towards China around the world because in the last few year China has been trying to expand it's BS abroad. It would take dozens of threads to get into all that. The growning animosity is statistically true in most nation's and at record highs.

Also, if you can point me to concentration camps where we are steralizing women then I will feel more like you're being reasonable.

And literally the only person in this thread who mentioned bombs is you. 

People are complicated. People are often more selective about what they are outraged about.

For example, you don't seem very upset about people in concentration camps being steralized. We all focus on different things.

But it's flawed to think we can speak on human rights if we aren't perfect.

Should we have ignored the Holocaust because we had civil rights problems ?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

That is also easily done.  Uighur's in prison camps, Simpsons playing golf. 

Yeah, and one is more creative with entertainment than the other. 

~

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Plenty of examples of both available on Google.

It's an example of much much more which doesn't help your flawed principle in regards to the reality of what constitutes as validity or veracity. Not that it's anything you care about. 

You just put on your Superman costume and jump off the roof and it's as good a laugh if not better. 

Try faster than a speeding bullet standing with BLM or White Power, makes no difference to the facts. Pulling propaganda misinformation out of your secret panty drawer ain't helping yourself any.

~

• Thanks 1