Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China forcefully sterilizing Uighur Women

spartan max2

22 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

There has been growing animosity towards China around the world because in the last few year China has been trying to expand it's BS abroad. It would take dozens of threads to get into all that. The growning animosity is statistically true in most nation's and at record highs.

Also, if you can point me to concentration camps where we are steralizing women then I will feel more like you're being reasonable.

And literally the only person in this thread who mentioned bombs is you. 

People are complicated. People are often more selective about what they are outraged about.

For example, you don't seem very upset about people in concentration camps being steralized. We all focus on different things.

But it's flawed to think we can speak on human rights if we aren't perfect.

Should we have ignored the Holocaust because we had civil rights problems ?

I'm not saying you cannot be mad about both, I'm saying you /should/ be mad about both, and if you're only mad at the stuff China is doing, and continue to back politicians like Donald Trump who actively make people suffer, you're a hypocrite and are only whining about China because it doesn't require you to face your own issues or actually do anything other then fistshake across the pacific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Leaving politics aside, I am at a loss what we might do about this situation or the problems in Hong Kong.  Should we write our Congress or President?    Should we stop trading with China until this is resolved?.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

Their hate for America disgusts me.  If they feel that much is wrong then they should pack and go.  They won't of course, because they're too cowardly to do so.  Let them CHOKE ON IT instead.  Good riddance...

It doesn't look like hatred.  It looks like true patriotism.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Should we have ignored the Holocaust because we had civil rights problems ?

I mean, you did for over 2 years...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I mean, you did for over 2 years...

Okay.

So what are your thoughts about China currently forcefully sterilizing women in concentration camp?

Edit:

To add,

Alot of people were skeptical about the Holocaust stories at first. That's why the pictures the military took became so significant. History repeats it self in some ways. 

Thought of course people would of still avoided war at all cost. Human nature.

https://fsu.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/fsu:182618/datastream/PDF/view

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Leaving politics aside, I am at a loss what we might do about this situation or the problems in Hong Kong.  Should we write our Congress or President?    Should we stop trading with China until this is resolved?.  

To requote myself

Stop buying items made in China would be a start. There are plenty of other countries who would like to produce who arent putting millions in "reeducation" camps and sterilizing women.

And the idea that prices would sky rocket seems like corporate propaganda to me.

Someone could buy Nike shoes for $100 or Walmart shoes for $5. They are probably made in the literally same place.

Same with phones. Someone could spend 1.6k on a eye phone for $170 on Motorola.

Prices have always been high based on what people are willing to pay, little to do with the production

It's controversial but I honestly think we should stop trading with China. Ateaat for a significant amount, and starting trading with other nations more.

There are plenty of other nations that would love more business.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Okay.

So what are your thoughts about China currently forcefully sterilizing women in concentration camp?

I think it's as despicable as any other attempt at genocide or ethnic cleansing in history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:58 PM, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah you're free to be whoever you want, unless you're Gay, Black, Mexican, a jew outside of two specific places, an Amerindian, not christian, not the RIGHT kind of christian.

Look, here's the thing. You can treat minorities like crap and consider record poverty the cost of the free market, or you can be outraged by china, but you cannot do both without being a huge hypocrite. 

Gay black Mexican Jews are free to be whoever they want to be. You’re ridiculous, don’t know what poverty is, you live in the top one percent of humanity and better than a king did 150 years ago and I’m not being a hypocrite. Go back to island in your video game 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, third_eye said:

Yeah, and one is more creative with entertainment than the other. 

~

It's an example of much much more which doesn't help your flawed principle in regards to the reality of what constitutes as validity or veracity. Not that it's anything you care about. 

You just put on your Superman costume and jump off the roof and it's as good a laugh if not better. 

Try faster than a speeding bullet standing with BLM or White Power, makes no difference to the facts. Pulling propaganda misinformation out of your secret panty drawer ain't helping yourself any.

~

Who told you about the drawer :ph34r:?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Who told you about the drawer :ph34r:?

"God"

~

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

"God"

~

Hearing voices again eh?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Hearing voices again eh?

Nope, seeing "signs"

~

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nope, seeing "signs"

~

Good movie. Love the scene with the tinfoil hats :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Good movie. Love the scene with the tinfoil hats :lol:

Yeah, you'll have to watch till the end 

~

Are you guys drunk ? :blink: lol.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Gay black Mexican Jews are free to be whoever they want to be. You’re ridiculous, don’t know what poverty is, you live in the top one percent of humanity and better than a king did 150 years ago and I’m not being a hypocrite. Go back to island in your video game 

Free to live without being beaten, abused, mistreated, profiled, or otherwise subject to crap white people aren't? No, they very much are not.

And forgive me for thinking the 'greatest nation in history' should do better on poverty then countries with a GDP of .73 cents. The wealth gap is getting worse, and its getting harder and harder for the poor to survive in this country. The American Dream has been being smothered by republican policies since Reagan, it simply doesn't exist anymore for most people. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The American Dream has been being smothered by republican policies...

Don't worry , Karen's got your back...

~

[00.12:25]

~

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Free to live without being beaten, abused, mistreated, profiled, or otherwise subject to crap white people aren't? No, they very much are not.

And forgive me for thinking the 'greatest nation in history' should do better on poverty then countries with a GDP of .73 cents. The wealth gap is getting worse, and its getting harder and harder for the poor to survive in this country. The American Dream has been being smothered by republican policies since Reagan, it simply doesn't exist anymore for most people. 

Yeah, r-i-i-i-i-i-ght. It's not like we have to build a wall to keep people out or anything. Just don't try to build it in a Democrat run city. Some peaceful protester might burn it down.:rolleyes:

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, r-i-i-i-i-i-ght. It's not like we have to build a wall to keep people out or anything. Just don't try to build it in a Democrat run city. Some peaceful protester might burn it down.:rolleyes:

America: We're slightly better then a place run by drug cartels! Now please ignore all the bad **** we do while we grouse about China while looking the other way on things we can actually do something about.

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Are you guys drunk ? :blink: lol.

Third beer

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

America: We're slightly better then a place run by drug cartels! Now please ignore all the bad **** we do while we grouse about China while looking the other way on things we can actually do something about.

Sure, and you feel free to ignore all the good.  There are about 44 million foreign born people living in The States legally, half naturalized citizens. There's millions more living here illegally and the American dream is alive and well with most of them. Personally, I don't give a rat's **** what happens in China. They're grownups; they can deal with their own problems. China has dozens of ethnic communities that integrate just fine with the political status quo. Being a thorn in the side of Beijing won't get you anywhere. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You assume that we don’t know we have issues. There is a section of this site all about that. This thread is in the part about Asia.  Are you for China’s actions concerning the subject of this thread, against, or because this isn’t about the USA you don’t care? If you want to talk about the terrible unbearable treatment of minorities in the USA there are threads about that already.

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

You assume that we don’t know we have issues. There is a section of this site all about that. This thread is in the part about Asia.  Are you for China’s actions concerning the subject of this thread, against, or because this isn’t about the USA you don’t care? If you want to talk about the terrible unbearable treatment of minorities in the USA there are threads about that already.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the people who grouse the most about china do the least about the problems we have here. Which makes the whole thing come off as "We're only mad about stuff that we can't do anything about, but ignore the things we can actually influence because social change and improvements to society is hard, and its easier to b**** and moan about somewhere else." It's absolutely fine to be mad at China for human rights violations, but if you turn right around and ignore the bad **** we do here, or encourage further bad **** happening here by supporting...well pretty much any republican these days since McCain croaked, you're a hypocrite. I'm hoping this will be a teachable moment that gets people realizing they have a huge blind spot. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The point I'm trying to make here is that the people who grouse the most about china do the least about the problems we have here. Which makes the whole thing come off as "We're only mad about stuff that we can't do anything about, but ignore the things we can actually influence because social change and improvements to society is hard, and its easier to b**** and moan about somewhere else." It's absolutely fine to be mad at China for human rights violations, but if you turn right around and ignore the bad **** we do here, or encourage further bad **** happening here by supporting...well pretty much any republican these days since McCain croaked, you're a hypocrite. I'm hoping this will be a teachable moment that gets people realizing they have a huge blind spot. 

Well you’re not right. The day after rioters trashed my downtown I walked down to help clean up. What did you do? Probably watched on your iPad. 

Maybe your attention span is too short to be concerned about more than one thing at a time but don’t say that because there is one thing happening somewhere that we can’t discuss or be concerned about anything else. 

You didn't answer the question about your opinion about China sterilization of ethnic women. For? Against? Don’t care? 

Just now, OverSword said:

Well you’re not right. The day after rioters trashed my downtown I walked down to help clean up. What did you do? Probably watched on your iPad. 

Maybe your attention span is too short to be concerned about more than one thing at a time but don’t say that because there is one thing happening somewhere that we can’t discuss or be concerned about anything else. 

You didn't answer the question about your opinion about China sterilization of ethnic women. For? Against? Don’t care? 

Well obviously I'm against it, but I'm also against the **** going on here. All I'm saying is if you give a pass to the nasty things going on here, its hypocritical. 

And I live about 120 miles from the nearest protest during a lockdown with no car, it wasn't feasible for me to get involved in any way, especially since asthma and tear gas get along about has well as OJ and Toothpaste. 

• Like 1