Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

Hankenhunter

https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_far

Lies, upon lies, upon lies. It never ends.

Check the document. If Trump read it, it will be stamped such. Produce the document.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

The damage that Trump and his enablers have caused to the office of president of the United States of America is beyond measure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Fake news, Hank.

While your wishing....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Produce the document.

By all means.  Not that it really matters to anyone but the vicious nutters looking for every advantage for the next 4 months.  Trump's story is that he got no briefing from INTEL because they deemed the reports to be untrustworthy.  Bolton, OTOH, is selling a tell-all RIGHT NOW, so why would anyone trust him not to lie to boost sales?  

If Putin or one of his cronies paid money to Islamist scum as a bonus for killing U.S. troops, would it surprise you?  You ladies seem to be easily shocked and outraged.  

Just a simple reminder, the U.S. has killed about 75,000 enemy combatants over the course of our time in Afghanistan.  Are you really simple enough to think having a politician in a country that slaughtered even MORE Muslims than America, offering cash bonuses would make the slightest difference in their level of motivation?  Would those troops be more dead because some money changed hands?

I really, really hope that Trump gets re-elected.  At some point, I have to believe that even dark Blue state Americans will finally say enough and stop supporting this coup attempt.  If they don't then all I can say is enjoy the fireworks because Karma is a b****.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, and then said:

By all means.  Not that it really matters to anyone but the vicious nutters looking for every advantage for the next 4 months.  Trump's story is that he got no briefing from INTEL because they deemed the reports to be untrustworthy.  Bolton, OTOH, is selling a tell-all RIGHT NOW, so why would anyone trust him not to lie to boost sales?  

If Putin or one of his cronies paid money to Islamist scum as a bonus for killing U.S. troops, would it surprise you?  You ladies seem to be easily shocked and outraged.  

Just a simple reminder, the U.S. has killed about 75,000 enemy combatants over the course of our time in Afghanistan.  Are you really simple enough to think having a politician in a country that slaughtered even MORE Muslims than America, offering cash bonuses would make the slightest difference in their level of motivation?  Would those troops be more dead because some money changed hands?

I really, really hope that Trump gets re-elected.  At some point, I have to believe that even dark Blue state Americans will finally say enough and stop supporting this coup attempt.  If they don't then all I can say is enjoy the fireworks because Karma is a b****.

Your rambling again. Slow down, and take a deep breath.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, and then said:

fark_o98B7qEps1GwwrSFA1fVRU9uonU.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

American soldiers weren't the only ones targeted by Russia.

Britain just found out their soldiers were targeted also.

Russia offered Taliban-linked fighters bounties to attack British troops - as senior Tory MP seeks answers

The group responsible for the payments is the same Russian intelligence outfit behind the Skripal poisonings, Sky News is told.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 5

42 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Your rambling again. Slow down, and take a deep breath.

It’s impossible. He can see the promise land from in front of his keyboard.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

American soldiers weren't the only ones targeted by Russia.

Britain just found out their soldiers were targeted also.

Russia offered Taliban-linked fighters bounties to attack British troops - as senior Tory MP seeks answers

The group responsible for the payments is the same Russian intelligence outfit behind the Skripal poisonings, Sky News is told.

Now how sad is that. An American president caring less for his soldiers than even Putin does. Someone really needs to go to jail. Can presidents be convicted after leaving office?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Now how sad is that. An American president caring less for his soldiers than even Putin does. Someone really needs to go to jail. Can presidents be convicted after leaving office?

Apparently, yes.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/jul/26/could-trump-be-indicted-after-leaving-office-muell/&ved=2ahUKEwjgt9e13KjqAhXHIjQIHexRAiEQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw2aXm35QO2y70PQJqW5zlTf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Hankenhunter with Biden looking more likely than ever to uproot Trump in November I hope his first course of action is to investigate Trump and his administration. It just baffles the mind to think that such total disregard for the country he Leeds is casual. I hope they find what Putin has on Trump to make him so compliant with Russian foreign policy.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

@Hankenhunter with Biden looking more likely than ever to uproot Trump in November I hope his first course of action is to investigate Trump and his administration. It just baffles the mind to think that such total disregard for the country he Leeds is casual. I hope they find what Putin has on Trump to make him so compliant with Russian foreign policy.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. The first order of business for Biden will be to ensure Trump never happens again, and then put the chains on those who enabled him. Especially the ones that Putin has Kompromat on. Bank accts. will definitely be perused. We're talkin about you, Lindsay Graham. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fake news.

But where did this "bounty" idea come from?  Oh yes, that is what IRAN was offering the Taliban for dead US soldiers back during the OBAMA administration.  And what did OBAMA do about it?  Rather than punish Iran, he handed over BILLIONS of US taxpayer dollars to the mullahs and expected to receive kickbacks.  Obama is a traitor.

From 2010:

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan, according to a report in a British newspaper.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39014669/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/t/report-iran-pays-each-us-soldier-killed-taliban/#.XvrSZyhKjD5

The hypocrisy of these people is matched only by the idiocy of those who believe them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Fake news.

But where did this "bounty" idea come from?  Oh yes, that is what IRAN was offering the Taliban for dead US soldiers back during the OBAMA administration.  And what did OBAMA do about it?  Rather than punish Iran, he handed over BILLIONS of US taxpayer dollars to the mullahs and expected to receive kickbacks.  Obama is a traitor.

From 2010:

Report: Iran pays $1,000 for each U.S. soldier killed by the Taliban

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39014669/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/t/report-iran-pays-each-us-soldier-killed-taliban/#.XvrSZyhKjD5

The hypocrisy of these people is matched only by the idiocy of those who believe them.

2c0c42d8e2c571b9976bf207a970230f.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Sorry to have popped your bubble, Hanky.

You know, some people are suggesting this 'story' was a ruse by the Trump people to expose a leaker and bring public attention to what Obama did. 

Wouldn't that be something Trump would do? 

Better luck next time...

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Sorry to have popped your bubble, Hanky.

You know, some people are suggesting this 'story' was a ruse by the Trump people to expose a leaker and bring public attention to what Obama did. 

Wouldn't that be something Trump would do? 

Better luck next time...

Some people? Isn't that Trump's favorite way to start a lie? "Some people say I'm the best businessman in the world." Sound familiar? "Some people", with Trump, always means no one. Also, I don't need luck, I have a functioning brain that includes critical thinking skills that cuts through Trumps crap like butter, and someone else's, I might add. As for whether this is something Trump might do? Possibly, but highly unlikely. It goes too far back to be some Machiavellian plot because like everything he attempts, it would  have fallen to pieces really quick. He's a buffoon. A man who's had everything his way most of his life. That includes the illegal things he's done in the past. Now he's being told "no" repeatedly, plus his past is catching up with him. He can't deal with it. He will get more erratic, and make bigger mistakes, the closer we get to the election. Count on it.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Clarity
  • Like 4

The sheer indefatigable ingenuity of the "Democratic" Party in their endless, quite literally endless, attempts to come up with some new "Russia is our Enemy" story, and of course Trump either knew about it and did nothing or perhaps even colluded in it, so therefore he ought to be tried and executed for treason, really does know no limits. Why when they've spent the last , well, at least five years, certainly ever since Trump announced his intention to stand, coming up with some new angle on the same tired old worn-out old story, and every single time it's either been discredited or has been so ludicrous that no one with any thinking ability could possibly take it seriously, do people still automatically believe everything they say the moment they say exactly the same thing, with a slightly different spin, all over again? This is why "Democrats" should never be trusted with government; they have no idea how to, all they can do is endlessly conspire and chant slogans. 

Edited by Montmorency the Dog
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

The sheer indefatigable ingenuity of the "Democratic" Party in their endless, quite literally endless, attempts to come up with some new "Russia is our Enemy" story, and of course Trump either knew about it and did nothing or perhaps even colluded in it, so therefore he ought to be tried and executed for treason, really does know no limits. Why when they've spent the last , well, at least five years, certainly ever since Trump announced his intention to stand, coming up with some new angle on the same tired old worn-out old story, and every single time it's either been discredited or has been so ludicrous that no one with any thinking ability could possibly take it seriously, do people still automatically believe everything they say the moment they say exactly the same thing, with a slightly different spin, all over again? This is why "Democrats" should never be trusted with government; they have no idea how to, all they can do is endlessly conspire and chant slogans. 

If it's so ludicrous, why are his numbers plunging? Can't be the Dems, because according to you, and most Republicans, they're not smart enough. Besides, Democrats don't have to do a thing. Trumps doing it all for them.  Americans fell for Trump's lies in 2016. Americans aren't going to be made to look like fools to the world yet again. One bitten, twice shy.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Punctuation
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Fake news

35 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

Lindsey Graham and Mike McCaul seem to be taking it seriously enough to publicly ask the President about it:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lawmakers-want-answers-on-russia-paying-taliban-to-attack-us-troops?fbclid=IwAR2X55lbO-RZuwVdjI_PXkvswy1N4r5BTvkLbB4O1sKoFC4KvMVzYZcNuuM

Or are you calling Fox News part of the lamestream media, and Graham and McCaul RINOs?

• Thanks 3

If I'm not mistaken that's the secret code between Rep Graham and Rep McCaul for "let's play golf this weekend "

~

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, hacktorp said:

But where did this "bounty" idea come from?  Oh yes, that is what IRAN was offering the Taliban for dead US soldiers back during the OBAMA administration.  And what did OBAMA do about it?  Rather than punish Iran, he handed over BILLIONS of US taxpayer dollars to the mullahs and expected to receive kickbacks.  Obama is a traitor.

Obama doesn't get the blame until Post #14?

I think that's a new record!  :rolleyes:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Here's a crazy 'lefty' conspiracy theory for ya....I strongly suspect that trump is into the Russian 'mob' for immense amounts of money .  . to keep his failing empire afloat.    Just a thought...that makes sence of his behavior .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

U.S. officials provided a written briefing in late February to President Donald Trump laying out their conclusion that a Russian military intelligence unit offered and paid bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan, two officials familiar with the matter said.

The investigation into the suspected Russian covert operation to incentivize such killings has focused in part on an April 2019 car bombing that killed three Marines as one such potential attack, according to multiple officials familiar with the matter.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-nyt-trump-written-briefing-february-russian-bounties-20200630-l5hxhwoxcnhlxfvnrzafiow43m-story.html

So, is the defense of this that it's made up entirely? Or that other countries do this too without being punished so at least our leader is always spineless?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

John Bolton has been tightlipped about this. Could it be the same reason that he is arguing for not appearing at the impeachment hearing? Could it be that he’s afraid of further damaging the republican party? Too late for that.

The only thing the Republicans had left, was their claim to always support American soldiers.

The story of how this was discovered is intriguing, because apparently US soldiers simply discovered a horde of Taliban cash, which they knew was not traceable to the U.S.. So where did it come from?  The bad guys apparently were not afraid to talk.

Commonsense says, if the British were warned, then Trump had to know, or he was deliberately left out of the loop, which raises even more concerns.

I think most Americans will view this as traitorous behavior, and any Republican who supports Donald Trump, is equally traitorous. This likely sets the stage for a vigorous investigation into Trump’s financial connections to Russia, eventually. Arguing that Trump is just simply too dumb to get it, will not fly.

I knew the wheels would eventually come off, but I didn’t think they would come off in quite this way. 

My hat is off to the intelligence community for leaking this, because there are times when the simple truth matters more than the mountain of lies.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3