Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Kittens Are Jerks

Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

113 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

and then

The hysteria hit squad is working OT.  Good.  The part of this I find the most amusing are the polls that show him 15 points down yet his enemies are running around like their hair is on fire, afraid he'll win again.  Apparently, this is lost on Democrats.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro

Quick! Assume the fetal position, and quiver in a corner.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
59 minutes ago, and then said:

The hysteria hit squad is working OT.  Good.  The part of this I find the most amusing are the polls that show him 15 points down yet his enemies are running around like their hair is on fire, afraid he'll win again.  Apparently, this is lost on Democrats.

They're making sure Trump doesn't happen again. Can't blame them. It's called politics. The Dems are growing a set, and using the Republican's own playbook against them. This is just the start. There's much more Donny Dirt to be uncovered, and exposed to the light of day.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
22 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Quick! Assume the fetal position, and quiver in a corner.

The Donald's almost there already. He's already got a bunker blanket.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The Dems are growing a set, and using the Republican's own playbook against them.

Elaborate on this please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Elaborate on this please.

That the time for appealing to common sense with the Republicans is over. Corrupt Trumpers can't be reasoned with. That was proven when Trump wasn't removed when he was impeached. It's time to end this disaster as quickly, and as painlessly as possible. So, they will use every legal means to expedite it. That includes digging up Trump's dirty laundry and presenting it to the public over, and over again so they dont forget. Not only shaming Trump, but the Republican Party  for enabling him, plus the people who voted for him. So far, it seems to be working quite well. That, and the devastating adds the Lincoln project have been launching against him. The Lincoln Project is Republicans that are very unhappy with Donald, and are voting, and advertising for Biden. 

Sorry,  I got a little windy on you.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
4 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Quick! Assume the fetal position, and quiver in a corner.

 

I'm sorry - but it's too uncomfortable to be in that position for FOUR WHOLE YEARS... ^_^

it will take more, a lot more... than recycling the old Russia Collusion / Putin bogey man.. nonsense to have ANY effect.. 

in fact I think the last 4 years has been such a mind numbingly ridiculous series of contrived daily attacks on Trump and his Presidency - that NOTHING will have an effect -

the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf is as relevant now as ever even if his detractors manage to come up with anything vaguely honest and meaningful...

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
19 minutes ago, bee said:

 

I'm sorry - but it's too uncomfortable to be in that position for FOUR WHOLE YEARS... ^_^

it will take more, a lot more... than recycling the old Russia Collusion / Putin bogey man.. nonsense to have ANY effect.. 

in fact I think the last 4 years has been such a mind numbingly ridiculous series of contrived daily attacks on Trump and his Presidency - that NOTHING will have an effect -

the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf is as relevant now as ever even if his detractors manage to come up with anything vaguely honest and meaningful...

 

 

So you’re fine that the President EITHER doesn’t read reports about how Russia had bounties on US (and allied, so British and Aussie) troops OR does read reports and doesn’t give a ****.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

That the time for appealing to common sense with the Republicans is over. Corrupt Trumpers can't be reasoned with. That was proven when Trump wasn't removed when he was impeached. It's time to end this disaster as quickly, and as painlessly as possible. So, they will use every legal means to expedite it. That includes digging up Trump's dirty laundry and presenting it to the public over, and over again so they dont forget. Not only shaming Trump, but the Republican Party  for enabling him, plus the people who voted for him. So far, it seems to be working quite well. That, and the devastating adds the Lincoln project have been launching against him. The Lincoln Project is Republicans that are very unhappy with Donald, and are voting, and advertising for Biden. 

Sorry,  I got a little windy on you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_poisoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

That the time for appealing to common sense with the Republicans is over. Corrupt Trumpers can't be reasoned with. That was proven when Trump wasn't removed when he was impeached. It's time to end this disaster as quickly, and as painlessly as possible. So, they will use every legal means to expedite it. That includes digging up Trump's dirty laundry and presenting it to the public over, and over again so they dont forget. Not only shaming Trump, but the Republican Party  for enabling him, plus the people who voted for him. So far, it seems to be working quite well. That, and the devastating adds the Lincoln project have been launching against him. The Lincoln Project is Republicans that are very unhappy with Donald, and are voting, and advertising for Biden. 

Sorry,  I got a little windy on you.

Republicans know exactly what Trump is (and isn't), but he's a useful tool (in every meaning of the word) for them. Exposing his dirty laundry won't make a difference, and the leaks about his phone calls (which just confirm what people knew (or suspected) all along, won't either.

Outspoken Republicans, such as the Lincoln Project are in the minority. The latter group hasn't the money to be truly effective, but their purpose I think, is simply to get under Trump's skin, and in that respect their ads are working.

I suspect that the phone calls (and everything else that has come out) are just the tip of the iceberg. We'll get the whole picture eventually, but most likely not until he is long out of office. In the interim, people will pretend to be shocked by his behaviour, when in fact, they're not.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
23 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Republicans know exactly what Trump is (and isn't), but he's a useful tool (in every meaning of the word) for them. Exposing his dirty laundry won't make a difference, and the leaks about his phone calls (which just confirm what people knew (or suspected) all along, won't either.

I just can't wrap it around my head that all these "patriots" can't see what a coward and traitor he is. 

26 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Stop trolling just to troll. We all know your not a Neocon Trump supporter. You wouldn't be friendly with us "Jackson Whites" if you were. :rolleyes:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jerry Gallo
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So you’re fine that the President EITHER doesn’t read reports about how Russia had bounties on US (and allied, so British and Aussie) troops OR does read reports and doesn’t give a ****.

Because we know after 100's of bash Trump threads (I mean, one containing all the hair-pulling, pinching and funny faces would never suffice), 1000's of media hit pieces, and 2-3 failed attempts to remove him from office, these are the only two possibilities, right? Grow the **** up!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I just can't wrap it around my head that all these "patriots" can't see what a coward and traitor he is. 

I am disheartened by this latest allegation of the bounty for the troops, but I will wait on the evidence.

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Stop trolling just to troll. We all know your not a Neocon Trump supporter. You wouldn't be friendly with us "Jackson Whites" if you were. :rolleyes:

I'm not trolling. I'm a Republican. Despite what the media feeds you we are not close minded bigots.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Posted (edited)

 

8 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

Ahhh.. yet another CNN editorial piece, based on anonymous testimony from un-named individuals and - by a strange co-incidence - highly critical of President Trump ? 

The sort of "anonymous" sourcing is only effective if people trust the news outlet in question not to invent the whole story, "anonymous" informants and all.

I would suggest that for many, CNN has lost that trust. How many articles have they written/broadcast over the last 4 years based on "anonymous" sources that told us about Russian Collusion etc ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
20 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I am disheartened by this latest allegation of the bounty for the troops, but I will wait on the evidence.

I'm not trolling. I'm a Republican. Despite what the media feeds you we are not close minded bigots.

Not all Republicans support Trump and if you were truly friends with Chief VanDunk and knew what he did to us you wouldn't support that racist.

I'm calling B.S. you were friends with him. :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
39 minutes ago, Piney said:

I just can't wrap it around my head that all these "patriots" can't see what a coward and traitor he is. 

Stop trolling just to troll. We all know your not a Neocon Trump supporter. You wouldn't be friendly with us "Jackson Whites" if you were. :rolleyes:

They see it. They KNOW it. They just don't care because he's giving them what they've always wanted. They'll set fire to the constitution for this man and never think twice about it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not all Republicans support Trump and if you were truly friends with Chief VanDunk and knew what he did to us you wouldn't support that racist.

I'm calling B.S. you were friends with him. :rolleyes:

I worked with him, as with others over the years. I did not know he was a Chief. He was always reluctant when I asked him about native folklore though.

I suggest you expand your knowledge, and find alternatives of what you hear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
53 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I suggest you expand your knowledge, and find alternatives of what you hear.

I always see you defend a counter argument, even if you don't agree with it. I don't get what you believe other than your a pragmatist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's called goading and baiting. Not very sporting, old boy. At least try not to be so obvious about trying to close a thread.

There is little question that we have folks here who try to kill certain threads, deliberately.

I never really believed much in paid shills on boards like this, but you do have to wonder, given some of the behavior.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I always see you defend a counter argument, even if you don't agree with it. I don't get what you believe other than your a pragmatist. 

That's my sense of humor.

In this case I'm a centrist that leans right, and until something other than fantasy is presented I support Trump.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

That's my sense of humor.

In this case I'm a centrist that leans right, and until something other than fantasy is presented I support Trump.

I'm a Right leaning centrist who supported John McCain. I'll lean towards Biden if he picks Susan Rice.

I'm not leaning towards a racist coward and traitor who my first stepdad's Nam buddies are protesting though. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micahc

Face it MAGATS, Trump is a Traitor.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
27 minutes ago, micahc said:

Face it MAGATS, Trump is a Traitor.

Face it, you are wrong, and scurrilous to boot. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

Enough with the political mudslinging folks - not every thread about US politics has to descend into a "liberal vs republican" warzone.

Discuss the actual topic being discussed, not the political affiliations of other members.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.