Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

Kittens Are Jerks

The hysteria hit squad is working OT.  Good.  The part of this I find the most amusing are the polls that show him 15 points down yet his enemies are running around like their hair is on fire, afraid he'll win again.  Apparently, this is lost on Democrats.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Quick! Assume the fetal position, and quiver in a corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, and then said:

The hysteria hit squad is working OT.  Good.  The part of this I find the most amusing are the polls that show him 15 points down yet his enemies are running around like their hair is on fire, afraid he'll win again.  Apparently, this is lost on Democrats.

They're making sure Trump doesn't happen again. Can't blame them. It's called politics. The Dems are growing a set, and using the Republican's own playbook against them. This is just the start. There's much more Donny Dirt to be uncovered, and exposed to the light of day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

The Donald's almost there already. He's already got a bunker blanket.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The Dems are growing a set, and using the Republican's own playbook against them.

Elaborate on this please.

19 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Elaborate on this please.

That the time for appealing to common sense with the Republicans is over. Corrupt Trumpers can't be reasoned with. That was proven when Trump wasn't removed when he was impeached. It's time to end this disaster as quickly, and as painlessly as possible. So, they will use every legal means to expedite it. That includes digging up Trump's dirty laundry and presenting it to the public over, and over again so they dont forget. Not only shaming Trump, but the Republican Party  for enabling him, plus the people who voted for him. So far, it seems to be working quite well. That, and the devastating adds the Lincoln project have been launching against him. The Lincoln Project is Republicans that are very unhappy with Donald, and are voting, and advertising for Biden. 

Sorry,  I got a little windy on you.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I'm sorry - but it's too uncomfortable to be in that position for FOUR WHOLE YEARS... ^_^

it will take more, a lot more... than recycling the old Russia Collusion / Putin bogey man.. nonsense to have ANY effect.. 

in fact I think the last 4 years has been such a mind numbingly ridiculous series of contrived daily attacks on Trump and his Presidency - that NOTHING will have an effect -

the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf is as relevant now as ever even if his detractors manage to come up with anything vaguely honest and meaningful...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, bee said:

I'm sorry - but it's too uncomfortable to be in that position for FOUR WHOLE YEARS... ^_^

it will take more, a lot more... than recycling the old Russia Collusion / Putin bogey man.. nonsense to have ANY effect.. 

in fact I think the last 4 years has been such a mind numbingly ridiculous series of contrived daily attacks on Trump and his Presidency - that NOTHING will have an effect -

the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf is as relevant now as ever even if his detractors manage to come up with anything vaguely honest and meaningful...

So you’re fine that the President EITHER doesn’t read reports about how Russia had bounties on US (and allied, so British and Aussie) troops OR does read reports and doesn’t give a ****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

That the time for appealing to common sense with the Republicans is over. Corrupt Trumpers can't be reasoned with. That was proven when Trump wasn't removed when he was impeached. It's time to end this disaster as quickly, and as painlessly as possible. So, they will use every legal means to expedite it. That includes digging up Trump's dirty laundry and presenting it to the public over, and over again so they dont forget. Not only shaming Trump, but the Republican Party  for enabling him, plus the people who voted for him. So far, it seems to be working quite well. That, and the devastating adds the Lincoln project have been launching against him. The Lincoln Project is Republicans that are very unhappy with Donald, and are voting, and advertising for Biden. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_poisoning

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Republicans know exactly what Trump is (and isn't), but he's a useful tool (in every meaning of the word) for them. Exposing his dirty laundry won't make a difference, and the leaks about his phone calls (which just confirm what people knew (or suspected) all along, won't either.

Outspoken Republicans, such as the Lincoln Project are in the minority. The latter group hasn't the money to be truly effective, but their purpose I think, is simply to get under Trump's skin, and in that respect their ads are working.

I suspect that the phone calls (and everything else that has come out) are just the tip of the iceberg. We'll get the whole picture eventually, but most likely not until he is long out of office. In the interim, people will pretend to be shocked by his behaviour, when in fact, they're not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Republicans know exactly what Trump is (and isn't), but he's a useful tool (in every meaning of the word) for them. Exposing his dirty laundry won't make a difference, and the leaks about his phone calls (which just confirm what people knew (or suspected) all along, won't either.

I just can't wrap it around my head that all these "patriots" can't see what a coward and traitor he is. 

26 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Stop trolling just to troll. We all know your not a Neocon Trump supporter. You wouldn't be friendly with us "Jackson Whites" if you were. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So you’re fine that the President EITHER doesn’t read reports about how Russia had bounties on US (and allied, so British and Aussie) troops OR does read reports and doesn’t give a ****.

Because we know after 100's of bash Trump threads (I mean, one containing all the hair-pulling, pinching and funny faces would never suffice), 1000's of media hit pieces, and 2-3 failed attempts to remove him from office, these are the only two possibilities, right? Grow the **** up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I just can't wrap it around my head that all these "patriots" can't see what a coward and traitor he is. 

I am disheartened by this latest allegation of the bounty for the troops, but I will wait on the evidence.

Stop trolling just to troll. We all know your not a Neocon Trump supporter. You wouldn't be friendly with us "Jackson Whites" if you were. :rolleyes:

I'm not trolling. I'm a Republican. Despite what the media feeds you we are not close minded bigots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials

In hundreds of highly classified phone calls with foreign heads of state, President Donald Trump was so consistently unprepared for discussion of serious issues, so often outplayed in his conversations with powerful leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and so abusive to leaders of America's principal allies, that the calls helped convince some senior US officials -- including his former secretaries of state and defense, two national security advisers and his longest-serving chief of staff -- that the President himself posed a danger to the national security of the United States, according to White House and intelligence officials intimately familiar with the contents of the conversations.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html

Ahhh.. yet another CNN editorial piece, based on anonymous testimony from un-named individuals and - by a strange co-incidence - highly critical of President Trump ? 

The sort of "anonymous" sourcing is only effective if people trust the news outlet in question not to invent the whole story, "anonymous" informants and all.

I would suggest that for many, CNN has lost that trust. How many articles have they written/broadcast over the last 4 years based on "anonymous" sources that told us about Russian Collusion etc ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I am disheartened by this latest allegation of the bounty for the troops, but I will wait on the evidence.

I'm not trolling. I'm a Republican. Despite what the media feeds you we are not close minded bigots.

Not all Republicans support Trump and if you were truly friends with Chief VanDunk and knew what he did to us you wouldn't support that racist.

I'm calling B.S. you were friends with him. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Piney said:

They see it. They KNOW it. They just don't care because he's giving them what they've always wanted. They'll set fire to the constitution for this man and never think twice about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not all Republicans support Trump and if you were truly friends with Chief VanDunk and knew what he did to us you wouldn't support that racist.

I'm calling B.S. you were friends with him. :rolleyes:

I worked with him, as with others over the years. I did not know he was a Chief. He was always reluctant when I asked him about native folklore though.

I suggest you expand your knowledge, and find alternatives of what you hear.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I suggest you expand your knowledge, and find alternatives of what you hear.

I always see you defend a counter argument, even if you don't agree with it. I don't get what you believe other than your a pragmatist. 

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's called goading and baiting. Not very sporting, old boy. At least try not to be so obvious about trying to close a thread.

There is little question that we have folks here who try to kill certain threads, deliberately.

I never really believed much in paid shills on boards like this, but you do have to wonder, given some of the behavior.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I always see you defend a counter argument, even if you don't agree with it. I don't get what you believe other than your a pragmatist. 

That's my sense of humor.

In this case I'm a centrist that leans right, and until something other than fantasy is presented I support Trump.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

That's my sense of humor.

In this case I'm a centrist that leans right, and until something other than fantasy is presented I support Trump.

I'm a Right leaning centrist who supported John McCain. I'll lean towards Biden if he picks Susan Rice.

I'm not leaning towards a racist coward and traitor who my first stepdad's Nam buddies are protesting though. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, micahc said:

Face it MAGATS, Trump is a Traitor.

Face it, you are wrong, and scurrilous to boot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Enough with the political mudslinging folks - not every thread about US politics has to descend into a "liberal vs republican" warzone.

Discuss the actual topic being discussed, not the political affiliations of other members.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2