Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate Change - The Hoax Revisited

Jerry Gallo

I wonder what "Uncle" name Climate Alarmists will give this guy? How soon will we hear he's been bought off?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/11/25/why-everything-they-say-about-climate-change-is-wrong/#4bd1f38912d6

His apology ("It's Zerohedge - LOL!!!" - STIPULATED!)...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/forbes-censors-award-winning-environmentalists-apology-over-three-decade-climate-scare-so

For those fearful (claimed or real) about clicking links on enemy websites...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2020/06/28/on-behalf-of-environmentalists-i-apologize-for-the-climate-scare/#670993f21fa8

From e-mail admissions of manufacturing a crisis, to doctored data, to failed predictions, to juvenile leadership (Greta and AOC) - the artist formerly known as Global Warming has a checkered past. The inconvenient truth is that losing the long game is still a loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I note that in both Shellenberger articles, the word "hoax" never appears. Why is it in the title line?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

A pro-nuclear "environmentalist"..........yeeaaaaahhhhh.........

• Haha 6

So @Jerry Gallo, could you at least mention your position on this and why you posted it?  I don't have time for links today but based on your title I suspect you are claiming that climate change is a hoax.  Is that a correct assumption?

I'm  not saying I won't click on links, I am saying you did not give me enough to want to click on your links.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So @Jerry Gallo, could you at least mention your position on this and why you posted it?  I don't have time for links today but based on your title I suspect you are claiming that climate change is a hoax.  Is that a correct assumption?

I'm  not saying I won't click on links, I am saying you did not give me enough to want to click on your links.

100% a hoax as it has been perpetuated by liberals in government and media. Save yourself some time trying to prove to me GW/CC is real, the point of my article is simple...one of GW's greatest cheerleaders is now saying he's sorry for helping perpetuate the hoax and Forbes, who gave him an award when he was on board, is now blocking his change of opinion and apology. The link surprised even me as it was basically a faded version of the apology with a comment from Forbes saying "no longer available". Even I at times don't trust ZH unless I can verify and yet, there it was.

So, only response you could give that would interest me is one explaining why opinions are only good when they continue to agree. Uncle Tom, shill, and all those other terms usually come from left wing people who direct their ire at folks who should be or once were part of the team who no longer are. Inconsistency and hypocrisy is at the core of liberalism, no one in the middle has the courage to say what is proven every day. But, I am biased, so that can be the only explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peter B said:

I note that in both Shellenberger articles, the word "hoax" never appears. Why is it in the title line?

Most likely because Shellenberger is not the author of the post.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

A pro-nuclear "environmentalist"..........yeeaaaaahhhhh.........

And there it is... EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Folks like you are common Piney, you and your troop with the same routine day after day. Let's pick a couple buzzwords and LOL to try and marginalize...get a couple likes and haha's from other alleged moderates and independents. Not one word of actual discussion of his comments in his apology. Not once did anyone yuk it up when Time named him a Hero of the Environment in 2008 - guarantee you that. Have some courage to address stuff that matters instead of making this a glorified slumber party.

Edited by Jerry Gallo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

100% a hoax as it has been perpetuated by liberals in government and media. Save yourself some time trying to prove to me GW/CC is real, the point of my article is simple...one of GW's greatest cheerleaders is now saying he's sorry for helping perpetuate the hoax and Forbes, who gave him an award when he was on board, is now blocking his change of opinion and apology. The link surprised even me as it was basically a faded version of the apology with a comment from Forbes saying "no longer available". Even I at times don't trust ZH unless I can verify and yet, there it was.

So, only response you could give that would interest me is one explaining why opinions are only good when they continue to agree. Uncle Tom, shill, and all those other terms usually come from left wing people who direct their ire at folks who should be or once were part of the team who no longer are. Inconsistency and hypocrisy is at the core of liberalism, no one in the middle has the courage to say what is proven every day. But, I am biased, so that can be the only explanation. 

Thanks, now I know I don't need to look at the links.   You don't need to mention you are biased but I like that you acknowledge it.  On the other hand the over use of the terms "liberal" and "left" make it obvious that you are making something into an emotional issue that is not.  Polarized thinking is really an indication of mind programs that do not serve you, only who ever programed you.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Thanks, now I know I don't need to look at the links.   You don't need to mention you are biased but I like that you acknowledge it.  On the other hand the over use of the terms "liberal" and "left" make it obvious that you are making something into an emotional issue that is not.  Polarized thinking is really an indication of mind programs that do not serve you, only who ever programed you.

You intellectually fleeing from that which you can't explain, instead talking some mindless nonsense about programming is telling. Your guy jumped ship, four responses and five smileys later, no one has addressed the apology. Gutless...empty...not surprising. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

You intellectually fleeing from that which you can't explain, instead talking some mindless nonsense about programming is telling. Your guy jumped ship, four responses and five smileys later, no one has addressed the apology. Gutless...empty...not surprising. 

I don't even know who you are referring to when you say "GW", you accuse me of something but I am not sure what it is.  Climate change is real, it is natural, happens all the time, scientifically proven so what do you think about it is a hoax?  Don't give me links like the ones you started with. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

And there it is... EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Folks like you are common Piney, you and your troop with the same routine day after day. Let's pick a couple buzzwords and LOL to try and marginalize...get a couple likes and haha's from other alleged moderates and independents. Not one word of actual discussion of his comments in his apology. Not once did anyone yuk it up when Time named him a Hero of the Environment in 2008 - guarantee you that. Have some courage to address stuff that matters instead of making this a glorified slumber party.

I fight Salem Nuclear Plant and the Uranium mines tooth and nail and will be the first to tell you Booker, Norcross etc.  (i.e. the Dems)  gives the Salem and Peco plants corporate welfare. 

You don't have to live near a Uranium mine. Only us filthy Redskins. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't even know who you are referring to when you say "GW", you accuse me of something but I am not sure what it is.  Climate change is real, it is natural, happens all the time

It's referred to in the first post...perhaps if you weren't so quick to try and find a way to discredit something before reading and thinking things through, you might come off more credible. 50 minutes ago, you don't have time to click a link, yet you had time to post three times busting my onions. Been at this a long time, same silliness as always.

• Haha 1

Historic quote from a famous world leader.  Guess which one.

"The broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.  It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying."

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I fight Salem Nuclear Plant and the Uranium mines tooth and nail and will be the first to tell you Booker, Norcross etc.  (i.e. the Dems)  gives the Salem and Peco plants corporate welfare. 

You don't have to live near a Uranium mine. Only us filthy Redskins. 

Next time I create a post about nuclear power plants, I'll look you up. This thread has zero to do with that topic.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't even know who you are referring to when you say "GW", you accuse me of something but I am not sure what it is.  Climate change is real, it is natural, happens all the time, scientifically proven so what do you think about it is a hoax?  Don't give me links like the ones you started with. 

Only we who spent our life outdoors noticed. Jerry apparently never left his house. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jerry Gallo said:

Next time I create a post about nuclear power plants, I'll look you up. This thread has zero to do with that topic.

Yes it does. Shellenberger claims it's clean. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

It's referred to in the first post...perhaps if you weren't so quick to try and find a way to discredit something before reading and thinking things through, you might come off more credible. 50 minutes ago, you don't have time to click a link, yet you had time to post three times busting my onions. Been at this a long time, same silliness as always.

No, you did not name anyone, you posted some links.  I asked what your actual purpose was for posting the links and you mentioned someone by the initials "GW".  I am asking who GW is.  I already told you you have not given me any reason to click on your links.  You want to argue, then quit accusing and start explaining your position.  So far you have not explained, only accused so called "liberals" and me of non-tangible things.  You are the one who is not credible.  I am trying to help you learn to be credible in your arguments by asking questions and insisting you actually answer them instead of going off on some emotional diatribe that has no real significance to your argument.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yes it does. Shellenberger claims it's clean. 

Shellenberger isn't on the thread, maybe write him a letter. Or start a thread about him and nuclear power. Or, show us a post where you complained about him ten years ago when he was carrying Al Gore's water. Wonder if the guy whining about the right wingers derailing threads will show up here and call you out?

Just now, Jerry Gallo said:

Shellenberger isn't on the thread, maybe write him a letter. Or start a thread about him and nuclear power. Or, show us a post where you complained about him ten years ago when he was carrying Al Gore's water. Wonder if the guy whining about the right wingers derailing threads will show up here and call you out?

He's in the article.

I rode all over the Central Plains on horseback since I was a tween. I watched climate change happen. Watched the Big Snows stop, the winters grow warmer and the insect clusters start. Watched the prairie dry out. I don't need somebody tell me it's not happening when it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, you did not name anyone, you posted some links.  I asked what your actual purpose was for posting the links and you mentioned someone by the initials "GW".  I am asking who GW is.  I already told you you have not given me any reason to click on your links.  You want to argue, then quit accusing and start explaining your position.  So far you have not explained, only accused so called "liberals" and me of non-tangible things.  You are the one who is not credible.  I am trying to help you learn to be credible in your arguments by asking questions and insisting you actually answer them instead of going off on some emotional diatribe that has no real significance to your argument.

It's pretty simple really, if you truly had no time for links and gave a **** about cordial debate, you'd come back when you had time. But you reacted to the first two replies before you posted, which means you knew exactly what you were and are up to. No time for links, plenty of time to muddy the water over and over again. Why be so dishonest - what do get out of it?

4 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

It's pretty simple really, if you truly had no time for links and gave a **** about cordial debate, you'd come back when you had time. But you reacted to the first two replies before you posted, which means you knew exactly what you were and are up to. No time for links, plenty of time to muddy the water over and over again. Why be so dishonest - what do get out of it?

You are still reacting emotionally rather than responding rationally.  Your position is weak if you have to be emotional.  You have not answered my questions.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

He's in the article.

I rode all over the Central Plains on horseback since I was a tween. I watched climate change happen. Watched the Big Snows stop, the winters grow warmer and the insect clusters start. Watched the prairie dry out. I don't need somebody tell me it's not happening when it is.

Well by all means, if you saw it on horseback over the course of half a century, then it must be real. Curious tho, you accept anecdotal folklore from Republicans on any topic?

5 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Well by all means, if you saw it on horseback over the course of half a century, then it must be real. Curious tho, you accept anecdotal folklore from Republicans on any topic?

Again, deflection by accusation.   (emotional accusation)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are still reacting emotionally rather than responding rationally.  Your position is weak if you have to be emotional.  You have not answered my questions.

My position isn't even being discussed. There is no emotion here, intellectually, you were dishonest at least twice. One, saying you had no time. Two, posting a thanks and a hearty laugh yet pretending to be confused about the topic. Just look at the thread...a beehive of activity about me, not one comment about the words in my post.

1 minute ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I don't accept anecdotal folklore from either. I'm a centrist who thinks Dems and Reps are both liars and I happily hate them both.

I don't know who disgusts me more. AOC and Booker or Trump and Pence. 

• Like 2